Gamepass billing issues [separate thread] - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 10.08.2017, 09:20 AM
Starter

Default Gamepass billing issues [separate thread]

Mods - please leave this in place and don't merge into the messy single thread about gamepass, as this is a serious, separate issue where the NFL are taking money from people without their consent. Appreciate there is a single thread which the sticky posts says is for 'gamepass coverage' of NFL - this is purely about billing.

I want to track/speak to others that have been:

Overbilled

Charged in a foreign currency without their permission

Charged for Gamepass without their consent.

Have been billed but Gamepass claims they have no active subscription

Affected forum users:

Overcharged:

db316 - £144.35
Bondstarpaul - £140.68
Barney_dk - approx £169.68 (billed AUD 280)
4Skin - £164.99 (blocked by their bank)
mrtuft - £145 (despite opting out of renewal, had to ask bank to reverse charge)
ukramfan - £224.99

For my part, I had auto-renewal on, but Gamepass had my old credit card details. I updated them before 1 August. I checked and I paid £129.99 last year for gamepass.

They Took: 178.88 CHF (swiss francs)

My bank applied a £4.19 foreign transaction fee.

For a total of £144.35.

I was lead to believe that renewals were priced at the previous years payment - is this not the case now? I didn't receive a single email saying anything but this, it's the incentive to keep auto-renewing.

Regardless, they overbilled me whether it was meant to be £129.99, or £139.99.

I emailed them on Sunday on help.gamepasseu@deltatre.com, received a 'we'll get back to you' email on Monday but nothing since. I also tweeted the gamepassnfleu account multiple times, no response.

Assuming no resolution by end of the week I'll do a chargeback.

Has anyone else had a better experience in resolving this - an email address you've used or someone you've spoken with?

Does anyone know if Deltatre or NFL UK have even acknowledged the billing problems?

Last edited by db316; 10.08.2017 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.08.2017, 09:40 AM
MVP

Yes, Qualcomm acknowleged it as "troubling" and would pass it on.

Is it possible to not open yet another thread that has been well established in the main one? mods...?
Old 10.08.2017, 09:46 AM
Starter

Yes, we need a separate thread.

Otherwise why not just have a single thread because everything is NFL related anyway?

This is the TV Forum. Do you propose there should only ever be 3 threads inside, it for Gamepass, Sky, and BBC?

This is a thread for gamepass billing issues.

Having a single thread for _Everything_ related to gamepass, whether it's how to use it, billing, quality, new shows added, what people are watching at the moment, the game currently being showing makes it impossible to track issues like this.

Also it should be prominent for forum readers so the can see clearly the NFL has been billing people incorrectly.
Old 10.08.2017, 09:49 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by db316 View Post
Yes, we need a separate thread.

Otherwise why not just have a single thread because everything is NFL related anyway?

This is the TV Forum. Do you propose there should only ever be 3 threads inside, it for Gamepass, Sky, and BBC?

This is a thread for gamepass billing issues.

Having a single thread for _Everything_ related to gamepass, whether it's how to use it, billing, quality, new shows added, what people are watching at the moment, the game currently being showing makes it impossible to track issues like this.

Also it should be prominent for forum readers so the can see clearly the NFL has been billing people incorrectly.
Fine, clearly don't care eh... You create 14 seperate threads and then leave everyone else to wade through your diatribes, have fun!
Old 10.08.2017, 09:52 AM
Team Captain

I was also on auto renew & was told my bill would be £139.99 in GBP, nothing about any reduction for renewing.

On the 3rd of August I was charged £140.68 (which was 156-49 in Euros )and because this was in Euros I incurred fees from my bank which put another £4.70 on top of my bill, my total bill has come to £145.38. A small difference to £139.99 at no time was I asked about paying in a foreign currency or even declare that I wanted to pay in any other currency except GBP.

I have contacted them Gamepass through their contact us feature at least times on their page & I have not had a reply, I contacted them on their Twitter page many times & got 1 reply through DM which asked me which country was I in when I purchased Gamepass, I replied England & I have heard no more.

I have calle Deltatre & spoke to people & left messages I have posted on these boards any info I have had I have emailed NFL to no available.

I feel people like me have been sent to Coventry & are being ignored, thing that is the worse part is no one is announcing anything saying they are aware of the problem & are working to get it resolved or even a contact number for those that have been billed incorrectly.

Complete shambles

Last edited by Bondstarpaul; 10.08.2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:20 AM
Rookie

Does this include the issue where people have been renewed, and now show as "No active subscription" on the site.

I'm in that category
Old 10.08.2017, 10:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney_dk View Post
Does this include the issue where people have been renewed, and now show as "No active subscription" on the site.

I'm in that category
No, this could do with a separate thread.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:22 AM
MVP

Quote:

I'm in that category
I don't think it does.

Feel free to start a brand new thread for it though.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:23 AM
Starter

Quote:

I'm in that category
Were you billed? If so, by how much, and in what currency?
Old 10.08.2017, 10:25 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
I don't think it does.

Feel free to start a brand new thread for it though.
Make sure it's clear in the title too, wouldn't want to have to mix with the hoi polloi topics...

Tags
billing , gamepass , nfluk