List of questions to put to Game Pass, NFLUK, the NFL or Trading Standards - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 14.08.2017, 07:42 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherbadger View Post
Q003. What is the Diva player, and why would I need this rather than the app? Also how would I then +/-10 on Chromecast?

Q005: Thanks for info, I will also update with their tweet which claims 1080p
Diva Player is the native player on the website instead of flash.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.08.2017, 08:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Q003. What is the Diva player, and why would I need this rather than the app?
Diva player is the new video player from Deltatre (Brochure).

It work in HTML5 mode so your device only needs an HTML5 browser, an app is not necessary.

If your device supports flash, it could also work in flash mode.

Om my PC, Diva player defaults HTML5 mode with Firefox:

and it defaults Flash mode inside Internet Explorer:

I don't know why, but using Chrome, Diva player sometimes shows in HTML5 mode and sometimes in Flash mode.

Quote:
Also how would I then +/-10 on Chromecast?
I don't know, I think it depends on the app and on my android tablet there aren't any buttons except pause and stop.
Old 14.08.2017, 02:19 PM
Rookie

After my fourth attempt at asking about Q019 on whether there will be radio commentary streams, I got this reply on Twitter:

"Hi Neal, I'm afraid a radio commentary option won't be available as it was in previous year. Apologies for the inconvenience. ML"

https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/st...97642735489024

I'm sorely disappointed. The radio broadcasts weren't something I used that often but were great for the late games when my eyes were tired. It's a shame that functions are being taken away like this.

Last edited by nealflanagan; 14.08.2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 16.08.2017, 08:29 AM
Rookie

That is unfortunate nealflanagan. I will update the OP.

Regarding Diva player I assume it has no download game option? I know everyone has their own criteria for what made the old product and therefore this one. For me it is iOS support with downloads and fine grain control both on the device and on Chromecast.
Old 19.08.2017, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Edit: Ignore this post. I did not realise that there was a widespread technical fault with the forum and that everyone was in face 'banned'. Any mods feel free to delete this post if you want.

I am the OP Anotherbadger.

I have been silently banned form these forums. I can only assume for the post https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=111026

When I login I receive a message saying that I have been banned, that the ban will expire "never" and that the reason given is "no reason".

Much of the discussion on here has been angry ranting by customers of the NFL Game Pass product and I had simply tried to consolidate answers to all the questions we have been trying to get answers to. Even if my post was not acceptable on the site a ban is heavy handed and completely over the top.

I have found some further information from Game Pass support. Most notably. "During regular Season, NFL should remove these commercials.". This was regarding the placeholder breaks that still exist in preseason archive games.

They also confirmed with me that downloads now work on the iOS app although I have since discovered that whilst they do, you need an internet connection to access the app at all, meaning that if you are in a location with no mobile data, you cannot watch a game you have previously downloaded.

I would appreciate if other members quote this post in case is disappears. Any assistance in the form of tweets @nfluk and @axiombadger (me) would also be appreciated, asking why members are being banned for daring to question the NFL.

Thank you fellow fans.

Last edited by bronco2017; 19.08.2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 19.08.2017, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2017 View Post
I am the OP Anotherbadger.

I have been silently banned form these forums. I can only assume for the post https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=111026

When I login I receive a message saying that I have been banned, that the ban will expire "never" and that the reason given is "no reason".

Much of the discussion on here has been angry ranting by customers of the NFL Game Pass product and I had simply tried to consolidate answers to all the questions we have been trying to get answers to. Even if my post was not acceptable on the site a ban is heavy handed and completely over the top.

I have found some further information from Game Pass support. Most notably. "During regular Season, NFL should remove these commercials.". This was regarding the placeholder breaks that still exist in preseason archive games.

They also confirmed with me that downloads now work on the iOS app although I have since discovered that whilst they do, you need an internet connection to access the app at all, meaning that if you are in a location with no mobile data, you cannot watch a game you have previously downloaded.

I would appreciate if other members quote this post in case is disappears. Any assistance in the form of tweets @nfluk and @axiombadger (me) would also be appreciated, asking why members are being banned for daring to question the NFL.

Thank you fellow fans.
You haven't been banned. The forum went down for over a day, and anyone trying to sign in got the same message you did...
Old 19.08.2017, 02:35 PM
Rookie

Ah OK, cheers.
Old 19.08.2017, 05:32 PM
Rookie

Posting relevant information I have gotten from Support.

I have found some further information from Game Pass support. Most notably. "During regular Season, NFL should remove these commercials.". This was regarding the placeholder breaks that still exist in preseason archive games. This is very vague and I feel they could turn round and say "we thought the NFL would do this".

Old 19.08.2017, 06:49 PM
Starter

Default Gamepass/chromecast probs

Sorry for duplicating. I watched NFL network from iPhone via chromecast.

Everyone 10 seconds it freezes, colour dims a little and then reloads. It's very frustrating. I have top spec virgin broadband and mother else I stream every sticks, not even if I watch games via gamepass, just struggle with NFL network.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 21.08.2017, 11:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeneeded View Post
Sorry for duplicating. I watched NFL network from iPhone via chromecast.

Everyone 10 seconds it freezes, colour dims a little and then reloads. It's very frustrating. I have top spec virgin broadband and mother else I stream every sticks, not even if I watch games via gamepass, just struggle with NFL network.

Any ideas anyone?
It is a little bit off topic but usually every issue with chromecast is related to poor wifi reception.
Please note, when, from your iphone, you choose to stream to chromecast, it starts to receive data directly from gamepass server through its wifi connection not from your iphone. So poor wifi reception due, for example, a shield effect of your TV or too many walls between access point and chromecast could compromise streaming quality.

Tags
game pass