Wembley Tailgate - Drinks/Food - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 23.09.2017, 02:51 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit-fire View Post
The app suggests that the Wembley tailgate is only open to ticket holders, which is the opposite message to that of the website.
This would be the sensible option for Wembley.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.09.2017, 02:52 PM
All Pro

Well go to one of the cafes or restaurants in the centre then.

You complained about the cost and said its never cheap, which is wrong, you have plenty of places within a few hundred yards to eat affordably.

Its one or other......
Old 23.09.2017, 03:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Well go to one of the cafes or restaurants in the centre then.

You complained about the cost and said its never cheap, which is wrong, you have plenty of places within a few hundred yards to eat affordably.

Its one or other......
Never complained....just agreed with the other poster that it's expensive and I used to try and save money by taking good etc but got to the point where you end up putting yourself out too much and now I just go, drink and eat what I want regardless of cost and just enjoy it.

Not sure why you are trying to have a sly dig....there really is no need.

Maybe it's because your a BILLS fan and I'm Dolphins..lol
Old 23.09.2017, 03:44 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
Not comparable.

Outside Wembley on game day is like herding sheep....not sure what the supermarkets are like by you but it's nothing like that at shops by me.

Yes..any busy area can be a target...but let's not forget it's an Anglo American event...exactly the 2 main enemies of these people. If they really want to create a statement then surely this is the event to do it at.

The tube comment is a fair one though....i certainly wouldn't feel comfortable at Wembley tune station waiting for the train.
You've missed the point I was making (deliberately so, I suspect), which is that that level of paranoia is self-defeating.

Besides, the tailgate being open to the public doesn't equate to it being a zero security area. The NFL, Wembley Stadium, the Metropolitan Police, etc aren't blind to the potential threat, and I'm sure that you'll have to go through security to access the tailgate.

To give a direct, like-for-like example, the MLB Home Run event in Hyde Park earlier this summer involved going through airport-style security including bag and body scanners. I imagine that the Wembley tailgate events will be similarly protected.

However, if you're that worried about being in close proximity to so many people that you consider to be prime targets then have you considered that any point outside the stadium - not just the stations and the tailgate event - will be packed full of people both before and after the game, and that there's no ticket-only cordon around the area?

In other words, if attending an open tailgate is too great a risk for you then going to the game itself is also too great a risk and you should probably avoid it.
Old 23.09.2017, 03:50 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM Titan View Post
You've missed the point I was making (deliberately so, I suspect), which is that that level of paranoia is self-defeating.

Besides, the tailgate being open to the public doesn't equate to it being a zero security area. The NFL, Wembley Stadium, the Metropolitan Police, etc aren't blind to the potential threat, and I'm sure that you'll have to go through security to access the tailgate.

To give a direct, like-for-like example, the MLB Home Run event in Hyde Park earlier this summer involved going through airport-style security including bag and body scanners. I imagine that the Wembley tailgate events will be similarly protected.

However, if you're that worried about being in close proximity to so many people that you consider to be prime targets then have you considered that any point outside the stadium - not just the stations and the tailgate event - will be packed full of people both before and after the game, and that there's no ticket-only cordon around the area?

In other words, if attending an open tailgate is too great a risk for you then going to the game itself is also too great a risk and you should probably avoid it.
Not really....spending time outside the ground on areas with no security checks is a risk..get inside the ground and imho you will most likely be quite safe.
Old 23.09.2017, 03:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM Titan View Post

Reading this spensuma's posting over the past week, one must assume they cannot find their way to the empty room they normally conduct arguments in, and have simply decided to relieve some of their boredom on this forum.
Old 23.09.2017, 04:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Never complained....just agreed with the other poster that it's expensive and I used to try and save money by taking good etc but got to the point where you end up putting yourself out too much and now I just go, drink and eat what I want regardless of cost and just enjoy it.

Not sure why you are trying to have a sly dig....there really is no need.

Maybe it's because your a BILLS fan and I'm Dolphins..lol
Its not a dig. Its just correcting an often trotted out myth about Wembley. People keep moaning about food and drink costs when compared to most major stadiums you actually have far MORE places to eat and drink cheaply than the norm.

Ultimately, I'm happy because all the people who just eat at the stadium keep the queues shorter for the rest of us.
Old 23.09.2017, 04:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Not really....spending time outside the ground on areas with no security checks is a risk..get inside the ground and imho you will most likely be quite safe.
By far and away statistically the most dangerous part of time before the game starts will be crossing the road.
Old 23.09.2017, 04:31 PM
MVP

Quote:
By far and away statistically the most dangerous part of time before the game starts will be crossing the road.
amen

Drunk drivers.
Text drivers.
Random accidents

Far more likely to kill him tomorrow than a terror attack.

Daily mail readers don't see it that way though
Old 23.09.2017, 04:38 PM
Starter

Quote:
And what if you don't have to cross a road beforehand? Hahaha

....from the Hilton there are no roads to cross...lol

Tags
drinks , food , tailgate , wembley