Wembley Tailgate - Drinks/Food - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 23.09.2017, 04:43 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Its not a dig. Its just correcting an often trotted out myth about Wembley. People keep moaning about food and drink costs when compared to most major stadiums you actually have far MORE places to eat and drink cheaply than the norm.

Ultimately, I'm happy because all the people who just eat at the stadium keep the queues shorter for the rest of us.
I agree...Wembley Is no more expensive than any other major stadium. They are all helishly overpriced but then it's what you expect when visiting big events...no matter where you are.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.09.2017, 05:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
I agree...Wembley Is no more expensive than any other major stadium. They are all helishly overpriced but then it's what you expect when visiting big events...no matter where you are.
Wembley isn't expensive or over-priced if you choose it not to be. If you ignore the countless cheap options then that's your own fault.
Old 23.09.2017, 07:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Wembley isn't expensive or over-priced if you choose it not to be. If you ignore the countless cheap options then that's your own fault.
Wembley STADIUM is expensive as are all other large STADIUMS ..that was the point if you'd care to listen to it.

Of course you can take a packed lunch...of course you can nip off somewhere and grab a Tesco express meal deal for three quid....but for many they want to experience the whole day at and around the stadium eating the pre game food and drink...rather than having a Tesco express sarnie which they can do any day of the week.

As I said before...last year we had a proper tailgate meal before the game...something i never normally have and really enjoyed it....yes it wasn't cheap, but it was infinitely better than a Tesco express sandwich and walkers crisps.

Last edited by Spenspuma; 23.09.2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 23.09.2017, 07:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Wembley STADIUM is expensive as are all other large STADIUMS ..that was the point if you'd care to listen to it.
Not true. Not at the new Atlanta Falcons stadium. If I ever get there, I'm having ten hot dogs. Five beers. At least three pulled pork sarnies.

Old 23.09.2017, 08:23 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Not true. Not at the new Atlanta Falcons stadium. If I ever get there, I'm having ten hot dogs. Five beers. At least three pulled pork sarnies.

Pulled pork sandwich....awesome. That's what I had for the first time over here at Wembley last year...beautifull!!
Old 23.09.2017, 08:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Pulled pork sandwich....awesome. That's what I had for the first time over here at Wembley last year...beautifull!!
I visited Atlanta a few years ago. The BBQ food in that city was just off-the-scale wonderful. Thought I'd died and gone to food heaven.
Old 23.09.2017, 09:46 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
I visited Atlanta a few years ago. The BBQ food in that city was just off-the-scale wonderful. Thought I'd died and gone to food heaven.
I think at Wembley it was an American style stall and it was Pulled Pork Mac n cheese....i thought it was a strange combo but absolutely delicious!..an American thing by the sounds of it.
Old 24.09.2017, 12:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:

Of course you can take a packed lunch...of course you can nip off somewhere and grab a Tesco express meal deal for three quid....but for many they want to experience the whole day at and around the stadium eating the pre game food and drink...rather than having a Tesco express sarnie which they can do any day of the week.

As I said before...last year we had a proper tailgate meal before the game...something i never normally have and really enjoyed it....yes it wasn't cheap, but it was infinitely better than a Tesco express sandwich and walkers crisps.
You're deliberately missing the point here, presumably to avoid accepting other people's opinions again. You started this whole topic by saying how expensive a visit to Wembley is. I've shown it clearly isn't. You did not say prices inside the stadium. Stop changing the goalposts to suit your argument.

And as I have repeatedly said, a supermarket sandwich is one option, that centre also has decent cafes in it. In which the standard of food is cheaper and of decent quality.

Last edited by BuffaloG; 24.09.2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 24.09.2017, 06:04 AM
Starter

Quote:
You're deliberately missing the point here, presumably to avoid accepting other people's opinions again. You started this whole topic by saying how expensive a visit to Wembley is. I've shown it clearly isn't. You did not say prices inside the stadium. Stop changing the goalposts to suit your argument.

And as I have repeatedly said, a supermarket sandwich is one option, that centre also has decent cafes in it. In which the standard of food is cheaper and of decent quality.
And I think you're jist trying to be argumentative.

Of course I meant at Wembley Stadium.....lol.....thats the whole point. Yes of course wherever you go in the world and at whatever venue you go to you can go off somewhere other than the venue you're seeing the game at and get every day food at every day prices.....but people are going to Wembley stadium to watch a game and if eating and drinking will be doing it in the stadium or just outside in one of the NFL food stalls.

You are in the stadium for about 4 hours for an American Football Game and it's quite likely in those 4 hours you'll want something to eat or drink....you certainly aren't going to exit the stadium, go off somewhere to find cheap food then come back while the game is on.lol

If the truth be known I think its YOU who is trying to be argumentative.

Just accept that food and drink at big venues is expensive and move on as their really is no argument to be had as it's widely known that food and drink at large venues in the UK is disproportionately expensive.
Old 24.09.2017, 06:25 AM
Pro

Last year we travelled to the Washington vs Bengals game via Wembley Central instead of via Wembley Park as usual.

En route to Wembley Stadium we grabbed a McDonald's just outside of the station, and further down the road we bought three 500ml bottles of Coca-Cola for £1 (note, three for £1 total, not three for £1 each) to enjoy on the rest of the walk to the game.

Total cost per head on that food and drink was less than £5 per person, and it doesn't get much more American than McDonald's and Coca-Cola, does it?

The last time I ate a burger or hot dog inside Wembley was two years ago. The pulled pork that came on top of my selection was fine but the quality of the hot dog sausage itself wasn't good, especially given it's price tag. And don't even get me started on how long I had to wait at a poorly-managed concession booth for that pleasure...

Eating outside the stadium is likely to be less expensive, more satisfying, and faster. I'll buy some donuts inside the stadium because that's quick and easy (albeit still way over the usual odds) but it'll be a long while before I queue up for hot food inside Wembley itself again because it's just not worth the time nor money.

I believe that that's what our American cousins call "voting with your wallet".

Tags
drinks , food , tailgate , wembley