PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 1848 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 10.11.2010, 09:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
Thats real nice of you an all. . but I dont like men and besides Im married LOL. .
Haha, and I thought it was just the first monday after the season had finished and the Super Bowl shuffle had stopped.

I'm not married but like foreign women so theres a nice marriage.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.11.2010, 10:17 PM
GOAT

Default Injury updates

INJURY UPDATE: Free safety Chris Clemons (groin) and tight end Anthony Fasano (chest) did not practice. Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long (knee), inside linebacker Karlos Dansby (elbow), cornerback Tyrone Culver (ankle) and rookie wide receiver Roberto Wallace (knee) all were limited.

I'm sure glad the new NFL rules on hitting are keeping the injuries down.. LOL. .
Old 11.11.2010, 12:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Haha, well its about time I got working again after some time out after I took voluntary redundancy.

Yeah I'm definitely smarter than I look or sound, my experience for a global pharmacuetical company gives me the needed background they want.

I'm going just at the right time, snow in Scotland the other day and miserable winds and rain too lately.
Good luck Mart, hope it works out. I reckon you'll be fine on t'internet over there for Fins games
Old 11.11.2010, 12:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Busy day in Dolphins land then, with Allen gone, Harris in, and Pennington back at QB.

TBH, I don't really agree with any of it.
Same here. Seriously what is the point of Al Harris on our roster? I'd have preferred picking up some young corner off a practice squad or the street if they have (probably justifiably) decided Jason Allen's time is up. Why was Will Allen IRed as well? Surely we could have PUPed him and had the option of bringing him back in this situation if we needed vet CB help?
Old 11.11.2010, 01:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
Same here. Seriously what is the point of Al Harris on our roster? I'd have preferred picking up some young corner off a practice squad or the street if they have (probably justifiably) decided Jason Allen's time is up. Why was Will Allen IRed as well? Surely we could have PUPed him and had the option of bringing him back in this situation if we needed vet CB help?
PUP is over now isn't it, release or IR is only options left.

He is probably a step up on Jason Allen, no harm there, except on special teams of course which a major sort-out is needed.

As our 3rd CB he'll be a nice contributor hopefully.
Old 11.11.2010, 01:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Haha, and I thought it was just the first monday after the season had finished and the Super Bowl shuffle had stopped.

I'm not married but like foreign women so theres a nice marriage.
Wow, single male, likes foreign ladies, residing in Accy gets job which means he has to overwinter in Portugal. Don't tell me they supply accomodation and pay you as well!
Good Luck
Old 11.11.2010, 07:13 PM
All Pro

Benching Henne in favour of Pennington seems like a good move to me, Henne's just not been what we expected this season. It might seem a bit harsh but we're on our last legs now before we lose out in the play-off race. Pennington's tried and tested and should be capable of winning games but I'm not sure we'll make the play-offs anyway. Also Henne threw way too many interceptions, something Pennington doesn't! One guy who will be cheesed off is Brandon Marshall, he won't be seeing as many receptions now - hopefully he'll still draw double coverage over the top giving Bess/Hartline room for the underneath routes. The running game should also prosper from the move as we shift back towards what we were doing a few years ago. My only concern is that it's not particularly ambitious, Thigpen might have been able to come in and spark the offence into action. Seems like Sparano's gone for the safe option rather than the unknown one - but they do say "risk and return".

I'm starting to wonder whether this regime may be coming to an end, Henning or Sparano could be out at the end of the season as they're not bringing enough to get the team where they want to be.
Old 11.11.2010, 08:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben414 View Post
Benching Henne in favour of Pennington seems like a good move to me, Henne's just not been what we expected this season. It might seem a bit harsh but we're on our last legs now before we lose out in the play-off race. Pennington's tried and tested and should be capable of winning games but I'm not sure we'll make the play-offs anyway. Also Henne threw way too many interceptions, something Pennington doesn't! One guy who will be cheesed off is Brandon Marshall, he won't be seeing as many receptions now - hopefully he'll still draw double coverage over the top giving Bess/Hartline room for the underneath routes. The running game should also prosper from the move as we shift back towards what we were doing a few years ago. My only concern is that it's not particularly ambitious, Thigpen might have been able to come in and spark the offence into action. Seems like Sparano's gone for the safe option rather than the unknown one - but they do say "risk and return".

I'm starting to wonder whether this regime may be coming to an end, Henning or Sparano could be out at the end of the season as they're not bringing enough to get the team where they want to be.
As was said in The Herald Parcells & co came into slowly build for the future

That's now been binned well and truly for a win now philosophy. All the moves in the last 24 hours smack of short termism and one which will damage the long tewrm prospects of the Dolphins players involved.

One really good point made by Armando was that Jason Allen was deemed good enough to start over Smith for the first 7 weeks, was then dropped one week and then canned the next. What does that say about how they view Smith?!" especially in bringing a 36 year old coming off along term injury.

Desperate stuff
Old 11.11.2010, 09:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post
As was said in The Herald Parcells & co came into slowly build for the future

That's now been binned well and truly for a win now philosophy. All the moves in the last 24 hours smack of short termism and one which will damage the long tewrm prospects of the Dolphins players involved.

One really good point made by Armando was that Jason Allen was deemed good enough to start over Smith for the first 7 weeks, was then dropped one week and then canned the next. What does that say about how they view Smith?!" especially in bringing a 36 year old coming off along term injury.

Desperate stuff
I was surprised that we cut Jason Allen, he was having his best season yet in my view. Smith's not been any better, he dropped an easy pick on Sunday. Harris used to be good but is past it now and won't feature. I don't know what the front office are trying to do anymore. This season feels like a complete waste. Wheree is our franchise QB that we haven't had since Marino retired? I bet we'll take another one in the 2nd round of the draft....
Old 11.11.2010, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben414 View Post
I was surprised that we cut Jason Allen, he was having his best season yet in my view. Smith's not been any better, he dropped an easy pick on Sunday. Harris used to be good but is past it now and won't feature. I don't know what the front office are trying to do anymore. This season feels like a complete waste. Wheree is our franchise QB that we haven't had since Marino retired? I bet we'll take another one in the 2nd round of the draft....
If Pennington plays the rest of the season, and the Dolphins don't make the playoffs it will defiantely feel like a wasted season IMO. At least if Henne is playing and we don't make the playoffs, we will have a better idea of whether he is the long term answer or not, and the season won't have been completely in vain. It will be a lot clearer whether we need to draft another QB in the 2nd round! Right now we haven't got a clue... and if Henne doesn't play any more this season... we still won't have a clue when the offseason rolls around.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 11.11.2010 at 10:56 PM.