PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2348 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 03.08.2013, 08:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post
Martin did not give up a sack today, yet don't hear anything giving him praise. Jake Long must have bribed all the beat writers to make Miami miss him.
He hasnt warranted the praise Cookie, Martin is a big question mark right now. Jordan owning his a*s is fine but is it? Chicken and the egg. IF Martin is serviceable then ok. If he's going to get Tanny running for his life and taking hits then its a bonafide concern. We all knew this LT scenario was going to show up. I'm rooting for Martin. For Tannehills sake if not Martins.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.08.2013, 10:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post
Martin did not give up a sack today, yet don't hear anything giving him praise. Jake Long must have bribed all the beat writers to make Miami miss him.
But he's been owned on the other days and generally he's not been lining up opposite Cameron Wake.
Old 03.08.2013, 11:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanMarino View Post
Jordan owning his a*s is fine but is it?
Jordan has been mainly taking 3rd down reps. so plays would be extended rather than throwing it away aswell as D sending more blitz.

Not just say Martin isn't an IF, but think have to take these factors into account.

Still have 5 weeks of camp to worry about the line. a RG needs to get healthy that my worry. as we face more top interior push rushers than edge rushers this year.
Old 04.08.2013, 06:51 PM
Team Captain

Stated some time ago that i was concerned mostly about our LB core and the O-Line. I was particularly worried about the loss of Jake Long and this news is not making me feel any better...

I don't understand how the dolphins seem to approach building a team. I thought that generally speaking unless your team is utter shat and your in complete rebuilding mode you build by adding more talent around the solid or excellent players you already have. It may be overly simplistic of me but it seems that we bring in talent at one spot by creating holes or question marks at other spots.

I think it's great that we have gone after Wallace but at the end of the day it's cost us a Pro Bowl left tackle and an extremely dependable slot receiver in Bess to do it

Ellerbe has great potential and upside but we gave up Dansby and Burnett to bring him in both very solid players....

I'm not all doom and gloom and this thing could all pan out great but I'm very nervous about the O-Line
Old 04.08.2013, 07:42 PM
All Pro

Everybody excited for tonight? I know that preseason is awful etc etc, but it's football! More excitingly, we get to open it. Tannehill looks set to play the first quarter which will hopefully give us a chance to see his accuracy despite not throwing to Wallace & Hartline. That's if he can stay on his feet, Jonathan Martin will have the unenviable task of blocking (potentially) DeMarcus Ware for a quarter. I have a feeling he'll stink but let's hope otherwise, maybe it'll force us into searching for a new LT before things get serious. Most looking forward to seeing who performs out of our running backs, big things are expected from Lamar Miller but curious to see if its he or one of his stable mates who shine. Also the contest at kicker is a on the line for the next 5 weeks.
Old 04.08.2013, 08:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfan1uk View Post
Stated some time ago that i was concerned mostly about our LB core and the O-Line. I was particularly worried about the loss of Jake Long and this news is not making me feel any better...

I don't understand how the dolphins seem to approach building a team. I thought that generally speaking unless your team is utter shat and your in complete rebuilding mode you build by adding more talent around the solid or excellent players you already have. It may be overly simplistic of me but it seems that we bring in talent at one spot by creating holes or question marks at other spots.

I think it's great that we have gone after Wallace but at the end of the day it's cost us a Pro Bowl left tackle and an extremely dependable slot receiver in Bess to do it

Ellerbe has great potential and upside but we gave up Dansby and Burnett to bring him in both very solid players....

I'm not all doom and gloom and this thing could all pan out great but I'm very nervous about the O-Line
I wouldn't say that Wallace cost us Jake Long. I think we could have had them both if we really wanted to. The FO just didn't want to overpay for Long, which is fair enough given his form dipped a little last season. We've taken a risk by gambling on Martin to fill the void, just got to hope it works out!

Don't forget Philip Wheeler. We've swapped Burnett and Dansby for two younger guys in Ellerbe and Wheeler. There won't be a major drop off in production, if any, from those guys. I do have some concerns at the depth at LB, but our starters are fine IMO.
Old 04.08.2013, 08:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben414 View Post
Everybody excited for tonight? I know that preseason is awful etc etc, but it's football! More excitingly, we get to open it. Tannehill looks set to play the first quarter which will hopefully give us a chance to see his accuracy despite not throwing to Wallace & Hartline. That's if he can stay on his feet, Jonathan Martin will have the unenviable task of blocking (potentially) DeMarcus Ware for a quarter. I have a feeling he'll stink but let's hope otherwise, maybe it'll force us into searching for a new LT before things get serious. Most looking forward to seeing who performs out of our running backs, big things are expected from Lamar Miller but curious to see if its he or one of his stable mates who shine. Also the contest at kicker is a on the line for the next 5 weeks.
Yeah, looking forward to it. Preseason isn't great, but it's better than nothing and means we're getting closer and closer to the start of the season!
I'll probably stay up to see the first quarter at least, then take it from there.
Old 04.08.2013, 09:29 PM
Team Captain

Yep very excited football back again (even if it is only a preseason game)

Go Phins!!!
Old 04.08.2013, 09:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfan1uk View Post

Jake Long was really bad last year. I would still be worried about Line even if had Long. Clabo is a big upgrade over him even if at opposite side. much happier with one Tackle good this year.
Old 05.08.2013, 07:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Not seen any highlights but looked at the box score, receivers weren't great but none of the starters really played. Lamar Miller only had 2 rushes but average 9.5 yd per carry, Moore played most of the game and was decent but did throw a pick, Tannehill went 2/5 for 11 yards.

Hard to read too much into a game like that, more just a chance for players on the bubble to impress.