PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2838 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 16.10.2017, 09:17 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
What annoyed me was the cries for 'We want Moore' early on. Such fickle fans, any clown can see it's not all on cutler, the o line sucks again just like it seems to every year.
This week and last game and Jets game, lots of dropsies from our receivers, they ain't making plays at all some of them.

I watched Moore a bit in preseason and he looked like he'd given up because they'd brought Cutler in, he was dire. I love Matt as well, must have been frustrating for him, Gase bringing Cutler in.

I looked at stadium, it was 3/4 full at best maybe less, I'm being generous. Apart from you guys on here, hardcore to the end, our fellow fins abroad are fickle. I know we've had a lot of heartache over the years but the atmosphere always sucks at our home games compared to when I watch our packed out stadium rivals and other teams.

Maybe Miami Dolphins, deserve nothing. Defense playing ok though at times, liked the hustle, Timmons almost had a great game apart from his 1 on 1 matchup loss on the TD.
In fairness, the atmosphere when the Titans were on offence was quite good, plenty of noise, think the crowd could tell we were genuinely going well on D (Timmons, Alonso and Jones were excellent throughout, not sure if that came across fully on the TV coverage)
I am used to a 3/4 full stadium when I have gone over to see them live, but was genuinely shocked with how early in the game the boo birds started for Cutler (I could maybe understand it if we were being pumped but it was close throughout) - suppose whether it is the oline to blame or not, Cutler is going to be the one taking the abuse.
Still, after travelling that distance, i will take the win!

And great result last night, our D is starting to bet get better by the week, another great effort - if we can just get the offence going, the season may not be the write-off we thought it would be.
Sponsored Links
Old 16.10.2017, 10:51 AM
MVP

We're a strange team this year.

But that D looks legit top 5 at the moment.
Old 16.10.2017, 07:13 PM
MVP

Hopefully going forward we can see more of that second half performance last night. What a turnaround. I said before the season I don't know what to expect from this team...and I still don't after 5 games!

Huge props to our defence though, playing great at the moment. The offseason additions of the likes of Timmons, Maualuga and Hayes are looking like very good moves.

I hope we can keep the momentum going and inflict some revenge on the Jets next Sunday.
Old 17.10.2017, 10:23 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguiremick View Post
In fairness, the atmosphere when the Titans were on offence was quite good, plenty of noise, think the crowd could tell we were genuinely going well on D (Timmons, Alonso and Jones were excellent throughout, not sure if that came across fully on the TV coverage)
I am used to a 3/4 full stadium when I have gone over to see them live, but was genuinely shocked with how early in the game the boo birds started for Cutler (I could maybe understand it if we were being pumped but it was close throughout) - suppose whether it is the oline to blame or not, Cutler is going to be the one taking the abuse.
Still, after travelling that distance, i will take the win!

And great result last night, our D is starting to bet get better by the week, another great effort - if we can just get the offence going, the season may not be the write-off we thought it would be.
Yeah the fans aren't all bad, I was a bit miffed with the early call for Moore, game was still getting going.

Timmons is hustle right now, all over the plays. Tackle of the week that knifing bring down from Hayes.

Great 2nd half, super peformance.

I have to agree with Dan, not sure what you gonna get, but have played some good halfs of football this year, especially D.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 17.10.2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 17.10.2017, 02:28 PM
Team Captain

Don't think Moore is the answer really, pretty ignorant chanting IMHO. Play calling could also do with getting better less of these hand grenades into the slot all the time / rubbish screens that never work maybe?
Old 17.10.2017, 05:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Very surprised that the Defense has stood out, it really all was about the potential of the offense and whilst losing Tannehill derailed that to a great extent I never expected this to be a team carried in recent weeks by the D

Timmons may be the crucial piece of the puzzle. He allows Alonso to roam on the edges, and blow up plays whilst the pass rush has been effective at crucial points

The Jets game is very winnable, despite what happened at Metlife. We go 4-2 as ordinary as we have been in a pretty underwhelming AFC, we might kick on in a way that was seen last year
Old 17.10.2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfives View Post
People giving cutler credit and he played ok but really it was our D yet again that one this game for us.
Yeah to be honest.... I thought Cutler was still pretty shakey. He was way better than the last 3 games.... But I still wasn't full of confidence with him. The INT in the first half was terrible... he had a wide open WR, who probably would have scored, and he flat out missed on the throw, throwing it way behind the receiver.

Cutler can be ok, if protected well... but the o-line has got to be more consistent for that to happen. In fairness the line did give him more time this week. Hope they can keep improving.
Old 17.10.2017, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't worry too much about your pass protection this week, our pass rush is utter garbage...
Old 17.10.2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about your pass protection this week, our pass rush is utter garbage...
Didn't look too bad against us in the first meeting!
Old 18.10.2017, 11:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Yeah to be honest.... I thought Cutler was still pretty shakey. He was way better than the last 3 games.... But I still wasn't full of confidence with him. The INT in the first half was terrible... he had a wide open WR, who probably would have scored, and he flat out missed on the throw, throwing it way behind the receiver.

Cutler can be ok, if protected well... but the o-line has got to be more consistent for that to happen. In fairness the line did give him more time this week. Hope they can keep improving.
What's been really noticeable to me is that he just doesn't seem to be getting his feet set a lot of the time when throwing. I don't expect him to be mobile in the way that Tannehill is, but I expect better footwork from a starting QB. Whether it's down to him having rubbish protection in front of him or just poor technique I don't know, but the way his body has looked when throwing the ball hasn't been pleasing on the eye. It has looked very sloppy at times.