NFL Yearly Awards - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 08.02.2009, 06:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Breitenbach View Post
It's ridiculous to say Ryan was only good because of Turner against us MT was shut down and yet Ryan played great and nearly won them the game.

In a few year he'll be the best at the position, and i'm inclined to say best ever!
Very, very, very, very premature.
Sponsored Links
Old 08.02.2009, 07:08 PM
All Pro

best ever???
Old 08.02.2009, 08:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
It's ridiculous to say Ryan was only good because of Turner against us MT was shut down and yet Ryan played great and nearly won them the game.

In a few year he'll be the best at the position, and i'm inclined to say best ever!

for an all pro poster to make comments about someone being the best ever after their rookie season is just sheer stupidity, crazy, mad, idiotic, non sensical, ete etc etc
Old 08.02.2009, 08:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYOFDENVER View Post
for an all pro poster to make comments about someone being the best ever after their rookie season is just sheer stupidity, crazy, mad, idiotic, non sensical, ete etc etc
There has yet to be rookie QB ever in the NFL that has played with as much poise and composure as Ryan displayed last year, however he has only played one year and alot can change. From what I've seen if he continues to improve he can make it.
Old 08.02.2009, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
There has yet to be rookie QB ever in the NFL that has played with as much poise and composure as Ryan displayed last year, however he has only played one year and alot can change. From what I've seen if he continues to improve he can make it.
Funny, there's me thinking a fellow called Dan Marino came in as a rookie and threw 20 TDs to only 6 INTs in 11 games.

Ryan had a good season, but it wasn't the best rookie season for a QB by any length.
Old 08.02.2009, 11:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeNeil View Post
Funny, there's me thinking a fellow called Dan Marino came in as a rookie and threw 20 TDs to only 6 INTs in 11 games.

Ryan had a good season, but it wasn't the best rookie season for a QB by any length.
Granted Marino had a great rookie year but those are just stats you're pointing out, I was thinking more about temperament and poise.
Old 09.02.2009, 11:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:

OK lets all calm down with the over-exagerrated claims please....its getting ridiculous
Matt Ryan was great this year without a doubt, played with great maturity for a rookie. However thats because most teams started by playing 8 in the box thinking stop Turner, stop the Falcons. Next year the defences will be well aware of what he can do and will play him as such....lets see how he handles that before inducting him into the HoF yeah?

Look at AP, last year everyone was claiming he was Emitt Smith & Barry Sanders love child destined for 60,000+ career yards and god like status......this year gained good yards but IMO cost Minnesota a playoff berth by coughing the up the ball too many times.

As for the awards, I think Brees should have been MVP.......without him the Saints could have been down there with the Lions this year, and with a "finesse" running game (yes that is the nice term for pansy ass) and no defence to speak of he performed miracles!

As for the
Old 09.02.2009, 07:05 PM
Pro

Quote:

That being the game where he threw for 2INT's right? And 2 TD's. And 24 more yards than McNabb on 10 more attempts? I'm not saying he wasnt a great rookie, but I think without Turner, he wouldnt have been so good. But he wouldnt have been rubbish with White to throw to. But without Turner, they wouldnt have put 8 in the box on alot of downs so yeah
Old 09.02.2009, 09:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
That being the game where he threw for 2INT's right? And 2 TD's. And 24 more yards than McNabb on 10 more attempts? I'm not saying he wasnt a great rookie, but I think without Turner, he wouldnt have been so good. But he wouldnt have been rubbish with White to throw to. But without Turner, they wouldnt have put 8 in the box on alot of downs so yeah
Those picks were unlucky TBH he played really well in that game against a top ranked NFC D. I of course I don't believe he's automatically got it but I believe he definately has the potential due to his maturity and leadership he showed with a team that had just been in utter dissaray and, picked by many (including me) to be having the first pick in the draft this year.

To say he only did well because team's played with 8 in the box is ridiculous, he consistently completed passes to WRs who previosuly had done nothing, do you think it's a coincidence Roddy White had such a good year? I don't.
Old 09.02.2009, 09:24 PM
All Pro

I look forward to the day when Matt Ryan breaks Peyton Mannings appearance record for television commercials in any given season.

That's how good I think he can be.

In any case I'd argue Ryan was Rookie of the Year. Because I'm a Falcons fan and I saw more of the Falcons then the Bears. Forte was a great pick up no doubt, but I think Ryan contributed so much more to the Falcons then just stats. His ability helped in part open up the run for Turner. It was a combination that benefited each other so much.

As for the overall MVP - I want so say someone controversial ... or at least interesting ... maybe Philip Rivers, he was pretty impressive in leading a team to the playoffs. I don't really believe what I just said but at least I'll get a response with someone offering something back

Tags
forte , manning , mvp , rookie , ryan