Are we who we think we are? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 21.10.2009, 03:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Are we who we think we are?

What an end to an incredible season last years Super Bowl was….I actually remember being on my knees and praying for a stop in that last 2:37 ….oh well…
I still haven’t been able to watch the entire super bowl again, I stop just after Fitz busts it open for the go ahead TD and I remember the sheer joy of that moment, the culmination of 26 years of waiting and believing that one day ……oh well…

And so to the 2009 season. I entered the season ready and expecting great things. I was troubled by the disquiet in the team though; DDs and Qs contract issues made me think that the team may be a little distracted.
Then the draft and my surprise and joy at getting Beanie, though if I’m honest I felt bad for Hightower who deep down I want to be ‘the guy’ still things looked good.
Preseason, and I told myself all the right things “it doesn’t mean anything…..we aren’t running the full playbook…it’s the season that counts”…yada yada yada
And then to week 1 and the fortywhiners…..uh oh jungo!!
We looked ….er ….less than super and I felt the doubt creeping in, I sometimes caught myself thinking those scary words ‘super bowl hangover’ but to be honest one stop on the 80 yard drive and we win that one, still on to week 2 and the Jags.
Relief !! we are back baby, well at least better !! come on you Colts time we saddled you up and rode you a round UPS
Well gotta say depression was setting in fast after that one I was openly saying the words ‘super bowl hangover’ and believing them!!! Houston..we have a problem…
Houston here we come…Now I have watched all of Houston’s games from last season right up to now (I kind of like them like a second team sort of deal so I knew we should be ready for a tough game if they came to play) but delight doesn’t begin to express a 21 – 0 HT score and suicidal doesn’t come close for the second half …well until DRC got his pick six at which point I swore to name my first born son after him (should I ever have a son…which my wife has assured me we won’t …but the thought was there DRC)
Ok trembling, now on to a sky high Seahawks at qwest. Suddenly we look for the first time like I remember us looking last year…we like ….er …look GOOD!! And we stomp all over an injury ravaged hawks team.
So where am I going with this ramble through my season so far…well I’ll tell you.

WE ARE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR……nothing has changed we are the same inconsistent team that could get killed by the Jets and then thwap an undefeated Buffalo. The same team that cannot run the friggin ball to save their lives!! No matter what the name on the RB shirt is. The same team that has a Jeckle and Hyde defence that can stop an elite runner like Gore but can’t get a single stop with a mr average QB like Hill driving down the field on us, with the game on the line. And yet can dominate a team for the first half then fail to turn up in the second half . Who has a CB that is SOOOO Talented but gets burned so often that I wished for a guy with less talent and more skill but then suddenly saves a game with a pick six out of nowhere. This team should be called the Arizona Rollercoaster’s !!
But what we are not..... YET….is the playoff team that finished last season, I admit it, that was the team I remembered from last year I had forgotten all the up and down of the season and only remembered the excellence of the post season. So it was a real rollercoaster of a ride the first five games but now I’m settled I’ve gone back and watched last years regular season and trimmed my expectations to suit what we are….A good team that is a couple of seasons hard work away from being a great team. But we will get there…
GO CARDS
Sponsored Links
Old 21.10.2009, 06:45 PM
Team Captain

Have some faith.

The Cardinals have sucked for 60 years. They're not going to suddenly become an elite team after a Super Bowl appearance.

They're better now than they've been for decades.
Old 21.10.2009, 07:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Thats basically what I was saying
only you said it in three lines
Old 21.10.2009, 08:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
Thats basically what I was saying
only you said it in three lines
Really? The way you worded it seemed to imply that you suddenly expected them to be a 13-3 team. But that's OK.

I was saying to a US friend of mine who's a Cardinals season ticket holder that the Super Bowl appearance could kick-start them into being a great team. It just won't happen overnight.

They're 3-2 now. Hopefully they'll go 4-2 on SUnday and not 3-3... Fingers crossed...
Old 21.10.2009, 09:47 PM
Pro Bowler

it all depends on which Cardinals turn up for the game
Old 22.10.2009, 09:31 AM
Team Captain

We need the D to turn up.

We have to shut Manning down.

The offense can do the rest but it's Manning I'm worried about. If we can reduce him to 175 yards or less, we can win.
Old 22.10.2009, 11:22 AM
Pro Bowler

We also need at least a semblance of a running game the Giants safeties are suspect and if they don't have to honour the run then we wont be able to take advantage of that.
The giants are built to handle the Cards as they can rush four and drop seven and still get pressure especially if our tackles act like turnstiles again.
Old 25.10.2009, 11:20 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to lionsfan123

I really like the Cards. I think you are a better team than you are given credit for. I've heard the run to the superbowl described as lucky but seriously, if Randy Moss had the post-season Fitzgerald did, or if Kurt Warner was Tom Brady it would be "the best players perform best in January."

The Cards are definetly better than last year and such an exciting team. The defense isnt the best but its good and lives up to this identity the Cards have created of being really exciting. You will soon go one step further.
Old 26.10.2009, 09:42 AM
Team Captain

24-17

I just read the game reviews and we wn on our D.

I knew we'd win if the D turned up!
Old 26.10.2009, 04:01 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to lionsfan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus85 View Post
24-17

I just read the game reviews and we wn on our D.

I knew we'd win if the D turned up!
I just finished watching your match from last night. The D was brilliant. Your secondary is fantastic, and Calais Campbell seems to be making plays every time I've seen him this year. Adrian Wilson and DRC got injured, dont know how serious it is.

They ran the ball well although Beanie Wells is still fumbling. The Giants hardly got near Warner.

I'm backing your Cards to maybe go one better this year. NFC Championship: Cards vs Saints. That would be incredible!