NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 19.09.2010, 07:00 PM
Pro

Default Why do you support the Texans

Im picking a team to support and Its down to the Chiefs,Texans or Titans
So I was wondering why do you support the Texans
I think supporting the Texans might be a good idea because they have never made it to the playoffs so all their best moments are ahead of them
and they play in a great stadium
Also, whats Houston like to visit?
Sponsored Links
Old 20.09.2010, 08:46 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPackers View Post
Im picking a team to support and Its down to the Chiefs,Texans or Titans
So I was wondering why do you support the Texans
I think supporting the Texans might be a good idea because they have never made it to the playoffs so all their best moments are ahead of them
and they play in a great stadium
Also, whats Houston like to visit?
I think the 3 teams you have narrowed it down to are all good teams. Who ever you decide will be cool but of course choosing the Texans would be great. You would be very welcome on the Texans forum.

For me I have always been into the NFL since I was a kid but I never could find a team to support and was just a fan, I had a few favourites but could never commit to one team. When the Texans came along it just felt right and I really got into supporting them quite quickly and have never looked back. I was obviously waiting for them to arrive without knowing it.

Texans plus points are as you say they are very knew so you will not have missed much. You can see the first Superbowl victory and say I saw it. Thats always the downside with supporting one of the older established teams in that you will have missed alot.

The Texans owner is minted so there is no financial worries if the NFL rules change on finances or player wages, which may happen.

The Stadium is awesome, one of the best in the NFL.

I personally think the Logo and the Kit look really cool. This is important when buying merchandise. I should know I have quite a few T-*****, Jerseys etc.

The team at present is Great but being a fan means this can change as you have to stick with them through the good and bad but I am enjoying seeing the great players we have at the moment such as Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones.

I have been to the USA alot but have not been to Houston yet. Hopefully in a few Years, but it is a great City from what I hear. Texas itself is a great state and has a proud and great History. It was once a country and seperate from the USA for a while once it gained independance from Mexico, which Texans are very proud of and I think is cool.

I hope this helps in your decision. Good Luck

Go Texans
Old 08.10.2010, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Im a big fan of the Houston Texans, I lived in a village outside Houston called Humble for about 12 months as a boy some 20 years ago now, As i have many cousins , Aunts & Uncles in the area Naturally the team to support was the Houston Oilers. Obviously me & my stateside family were disgusted when the Oilers left in 1997 for Tennessee The times of love ya blue Warren Moon & the Astrodome were gone forever.

The 3/4 years without NFL in Houston was a difficult time who do you follow? Dallas? No thanks Titans No Way !! I found myself looking for the Saints results although my interest somewhat wained slightly. So Imagine my delight when i hear in 2000 that Houston were back i longed for the Oilers to return decked out in blue at the Dome but times move on & we have the Mighty Texans !!! at the superb Reliant Stadium surely one of the best in the NFL. after some years of dissapointment including my first live game when Vince Young ran in for a TD in overtime in December 2006.

So heres to the future hopefully a playoff team & maybe fingers crossed a Superbowl in Texas of all places !!!

Houston is very Industrial but is well worth a visit so much to do, Nightlife, Shopping Restaurants & History are all Superb Just dont go in July or August youll Melt !!!
Old 14.10.2010, 11:52 AM
Pro

I support the Texans for many of the reasons mentioned - they are a really young team (both as a franchise and as a team) and their best years are ahead of them. The are exciting to watch on offense with a great passing game and a good running attack this year, and frustrating on defence with some really good players like Mario Williams and the line backing corps, but a terrible pass defense. All this together means high scoring games.

I have been to Houston for a friends wedding and been to the Stadium (albeit to watch Rodeo rather than NFL). Houston is a comedy place for a British visitor. People wandering round in stetsons and cowboy boots, massive portions of food (and the people to go with it), really friendly and welcoming folk and loads of fun stuff to do around there (shopping, dude ranches nearby etc). The things that people complain about (traffic, humidity, sprawling) don't really matter - unless you plan to take it to the next level and live there!

Ultimately, an exciting well managed franchise, a bright future ahead and a good city.
Old 19.10.2010, 06:36 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyPhil14 View Post
Im a big fan of the Houston Texans, I lived in a village outside Houston called Humble for about 12 months as a boy some 20 years ago now, As i have many cousins , Aunts & Uncles in the area Naturally the team to support was the Houston Oilers. Obviously me & my stateside family were disgusted when the Oilers left in 1997 for Tennessee The times of love ya blue Warren Moon & the Astrodome were gone forever.

The 3/4 years without NFL in Houston was a difficult time who do you follow? Dallas? No thanks Titans No Way !! I found myself looking for the Saints results although my interest somewhat wained slightly. So Imagine my delight when i hear in 2000 that Houston were back i longed for the Oilers to return decked out in blue at the Dome but times move on & we have the Mighty Texans !!! at the superb Reliant Stadium surely one of the best in the NFL. after some years of dissapointment including my first live game when Vince Young ran in for a TD in overtime in December 2006.

So heres to the future hopefully a playoff team & maybe fingers crossed a Superbowl in Texas of all places !!!

Houston is very Industrial but is well worth a visit so much to do, Nightlife, Shopping Restaurants & History are all Superb Just dont go in July or August youll Melt !!!
warren moon and the famous run and shoot offence, its a shame that franchise isappeared,why could they have not returned as the oilers, its not like the name was reused,i think the texans are a play off contender this year if they can sort out there secondary, certainly have the weapons on offense to hurt anyone, ask peyton...
Old 19.10.2010, 07:36 PM
MVP

Its amazing how many Texans have suddenly appeared. Ive always had a soft spot for them, but as soon as they look like making the playoffs people appear.

You should pick the Texans because you put it in your username.

And Texans Taylor, theres nothing "great" about Schaub or Jones. Schaub is good and Jones OK. I can't believe you're trying to get someone to support the team without mentioning Mario Williams and Demo Ryans....
Old 21.10.2010, 07:42 PM
Rookie

Default Simple reason for supporting Texans...

Cheerleaders... white hot pants!
Old 27.10.2010, 12:19 AM
Rookie

1: Same reasons as you, I was new to the game and I wanted a new team to support so that I could get the sense that I've been there from the beggining.

2: Tailgates- Houston is the NFL's number 1 frnachise for tailgating, all the locals are recpetive to newcomers!

3: We're in the minority- Not many active Texans fans in the UK
Old 28.10.2010, 08:05 PM
Pro

I lived in Houston when I was younger (1 - 6 yrs old) but I can remember going to an Oilers game at the Astrodome and I've still got Walgreens Oilers pom-poms somewhere in storage!
Houston was the first place that I got a taste of American Football - even at high school level, and for that it will always be a bit of a soft spot.
I haven't been back since I left but going to a game is on my list of things to do next year.
The texans are a great team and they do have some of their best years ahead of them, maybe including this year, which has had a pretty promising start.
I think that the fact that the community is on the smaller side in the UK and the team is viewed as the underdog in most situations is what can make supporting them so great.
If you have a strong feeling towards any of the teams then go with them, but from your user name it does look as though you may have already.
Old 05.11.2010, 09:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by towen5 View Post
Its amazing how many Texans have suddenly appeared. Ive always had a soft spot for them, but as soon as they look like making the playoffs people appear.

You should pick the Texans because you put it in your username.

And Texans Taylor, theres nothing "great" about Schaub or Jones. Schaub is good and Jones OK. I can't believe you're trying to get someone to support the team without mentioning Mario Williams and Demo Ryans....
Alright Towen5 calm down son. You might give yourself a heart attack with all that moaning. Schaub and Jacoby Jones are my favourite players but yes there are of course other good players.

I don't think new Texans joining are jumping on some bandwagon of success. There's plenty of other reasons to join. I am sure our fan base will grow win or lose.

Last edited by TexansTaylor; 05.11.2010 at 09:51 PM.