Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 06.11.2010, 03:59 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTexan View Post
Im picking a team to support and Its down to the Chiefs,Texans or Titans
So I was wondering why do you support the Texans
I think supporting the Texans might be a good idea because they have never made it to the playoffs so all their best moments are ahead of them
and they play in a great stadium
Also, whats Houston like to visit?

I'd like to make a case for the Jags. We are in the AFC South along with the Texans, Colts & the Titans - we meet up twice a year....there is an intense rivalry between the Titans & Jags - every game is intense & dramatic.
The Jags are in re-building mode & YOUNG - there is only way to go & that is up. We have the best fan site & if you check in with Vic Ketchman "Ask Vic" every day -you will develop a sound knowledge of the game & he's hilarious.
Jacksonville is a lovely place to stay for a visit (beaches, palm trees, etc) -come in November for a game & sit in 70 degree weather under blue skies.
The Jags are a hard hitting smash mouth physical football team - they will make you fall in love one week & hate them the next but that's because they are young. Our team will be contenders very soon - you really should come along for the ride..
Sponsored Links
Old 06.11.2010, 08:11 AM
Team Captain

Jags and Titans are good teams. I like the AFC south due to the teams in it. We always wear battle red vs the Jaguars.

You make a good point about "ask vic" Gloucester girl. I have been on their a few times and it is a good site for Jaguars fans.

I have been to Jacksonville and it is not bad but I much prefer Tampa for beaches and sites in Florida to Jacksonville.

I think it is great more people are joining NFLUK and getting into NFL Football. Thats all that matters to me. Its always good to see new fans are considering the Texans though.

Last edited by TexansTaylor; 06.11.2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06.11.2010, 03:18 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTaylor View Post
Jags and Titans are good teams. I like the AFC south due to the teams in it. We always wear battle red vs the Jaguars.

You make a good point about "ask vic" Gloucester girl. I have been on their a few times and it is a good site for Jaguars fans.

I have been to Jacksonville and it is not bad but I much prefer Tampa for beaches and sites in Florida to Jacksonville.

I think it is great more people are joining NFLUK and getting into NFL Football. Thats all that matters to me. Its always good to see new fans are considering the Texans though.
Hi Taylor, Tampa is lovely & a lot of fun. I only prefer Jax because of the surf. I find the Gulf of Mexico a bit flat & boring - the Atlantic ocean is more fun for surfing & watching in general.

See you guys next Sunday - it should be really interesting. I think whoever ends up at the top of the division at the end of the regular season will have really earned it - AFC South is tough!

Hoe do you feel about the Titans acquiring Moss?
Old 08.11.2010, 12:33 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloucestergirl View Post
Hi Taylor, Tampa is lovely & a lot of fun. I only prefer Jax because of the surf. I find the Gulf of Mexico a bit flat & boring - the Atlantic ocean is more fun for surfing & watching in general.

See you guys next Sunday - it should be really interesting. I think whoever ends up at the top of the division at the end of the regular season will have really earned it - AFC South is tough!

Hoe do you feel about the Titans acquiring Moss?
I think your right there. It is a tough Division. I like the AFC South though for that aswell. Great Teams. I really want someone other that the Colts to win it.

I think Moss is a good acquisition for them but they dont have the best QB's so I think he wont be as much of a threat as he could be.
Old 08.11.2010, 04:38 PM
All Pro

VY's best throw is his deep ball + Moss' deep threat = TD's
Old 30.01.2011, 12:22 PM
Pro

I support them because i have family in Houston and i started to get into the NFL when i was about 15 which was the year the Texans franchise began so i can proudly say that i have been there from the beginning. Would be great to see other Texans fans at the superbash. Anyone going?
Old 13.04.2011, 11:12 AM
Rookie

Personally, I was an Oilers fan. My first ever visit to America was in 1988 to Houston and I figured that was as good a reason as any to choose a team. When they left town, i was left with no-one & my interest lessened until Houston got a new team, so I've been a Texan from the start.
I've been to 2 games - Colts in 2008 when Sage Rosenfels had a bad day at the office & the Monday night game v the Ravens last season. Meeting the cheerleaders after the game on Budweiser Plaza is a bonus!
The stadium is awesome and easy to get to from downtown on the metro. The tailgating is superb and the different groups make you feel so welcome - you won't go hungry or thirsty! People carry on tailgating afterwards too which helps lessen the congestion.
Houston is a brilliant city (I've been all over the States), there is so much to see & do. The gulf coast is only 40 minutes away, there are museums of all sorts from fine art to printing to a funeral museum. The zoo is excellent. There are professional sports (depending when you go) in baseball, basketball & soccer. The shopping is really good and the choice of restaurants is never ending. You would need a car though cuz the city is so spread out.
Good luck in choosing your team
Old 15.05.2011, 06:28 PM
All Pro

Wink

Just felt that with your last post being on the 13th April over a month ago I'd add one to help ya out!!
Old 30.07.2011, 06:59 AM
Starter

I was Raiders fan and I was working in Houston when the Oilers left. I as amazed by how it affected Houstonians were that they lost their NFL team. So soon as they got a team I had to support them. Been a fan since day one and I think the Texans are doing great. Play offs this season with our new defense and Wade.

Always exciting watching the Texans as you seriously don't know what is going to happen.

Cheers
ThaiTexan

Last edited by ThaiTexan; 30.07.2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake corrected
Old 01.09.2011, 12:17 PM
Rookie

The team's performance is looking good so far. I watched their latest game in hd online. Just a little more push! =)

-----------
Watch All NFL Games Online: www.NFLTVGAMES.COM