Update - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 13.07.2012, 02:45 PM
Starter

Default Update

Little bit of news on the Texans front
Schaub has been given the green light to play again, which is great news! Who knows if he was under centre at the Ravens in January
Foster has gone Vegan, causing a lot of controversy. Will he, won't he lose power? Will he, won't he become more injury prone? Personally don't see a problem. He will have the best of the best in terms of nutritionists. I am sure the coaching staff will make that a priority
Also happy to announce the battle red will be worn October at Reliant stadium against the Ravens. I love this jersey.
Bulls on Parade
Sponsored Links
Old 13.07.2012, 08:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Nice update. Maybe you should do a weekly round up? Funnily enough i was reading about Foster's conversion to veganism and I did wonder how many athletes at an elite level, have managed to succeed with such a restrictive diet. However, as you say, with the best nutritionists on his side it probably wont be a major hurdle....a quick bit of research says that Tony Gonzalez did the same and it certainly didnt harm him

Last edited by colonelp76; 13.07.2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 15.07.2012, 12:38 PM
Starter

Yeah I was reading that Foster actively involved the coaching staff, and made them aware of his decision from the very beginning. Therefor I fully believe Kubiak et all will be determined to give Foster everything they can to maintain his level.
As for Gonzalez, I never knew that! Well playing Tight End the lack of protein clearly hasn't cost him any strength or power. He is still going at, 36? And is a potential Hall of Famer
Old 15.07.2012, 07:48 PM
Pro Bowler

The article I read said that Gonzalez switched for health reasons rather than anything else. I dont think he is a true vegan as it implied that he would allow himself to occasionally indulge in chicken etc, although it was much more controlled when he did so.
Here's the link http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ge=keri/080616
Old 05.08.2012, 12:55 PM
Starter

Some good news, in a strange way from camp. 3 injury scares in consecutive games but all minor. Johnson groin strain, Duane Brown bruised bone and JJ Watt dislocated elbow. All 3 have said on their own twitter accounts they will be 100% for the season opener. Kubiak said 'We're dodging bullets daily, thankfully.'
Even more good news. On Foster and Tate Kubiak says 'They are pushing each other to a whole new level and they don't even know.' As for WR position Keshawn Martin is apparently stepping up on his first team reps and making plays
Old 14.08.2012, 09:15 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMccormick12 View Post
Some good news, in a strange way from camp. 3 injury scares in consecutive games but all minor. Johnson groin strain, Duane Brown bruised bone and JJ Watt dislocated elbow. All 3 have said on their own twitter accounts they will be 100% for the season opener. Kubiak said 'We're dodging bullets daily, thankfully.'
Even more good news. On Foster and Tate Kubiak says 'They are pushing each other to a whole new level and they don't even know.' As for WR position Keshawn Martin is apparently stepping up on his first team reps and making plays
I like the quote about Foster and Tate. Our RB's are going to be awesome this season. Looking forward to seeing both of them.