Howdy from Texas! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 05.08.2012, 06:41 PM
Pro

Thumbs up Howdy from Texas!

Its cool to see some Texans fans in the UK!
Sponsored Links
Old 05.08.2012, 08:19 PM
Starter

And great to hear from a native Texan! What's the buzz around Houston for the season coming?
Old 05.08.2012, 10:14 PM
Pro

Its awsome! over 5000 people showed up just to watch them practice
Old 06.08.2012, 11:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Hey mate, nice to hear from a local! The Texans don't have the most active forum on here but there are still some loyal fans about. I've enjoyed reading/following the Texans this off season and I like what they are about...slightly under the radar, high character, well run, with a great attitude and some great players to match. The Texans are certainly on my shortlist so if I opt for them I'll be hitting this forum much more.
Old 06.08.2012, 04:37 PM
Starter

Do it ColonelP! Come on.....nah important not to rush into finding a team. Was leaning towards the Patriots, 49ers but in the end just loved everything you said about the Texans.

5,000 at camp? Wow great support for The Bulls! Hear great things about Houston, I'm a Celtic fan. They have a big supporters club there
Old 07.08.2012, 02:34 PM
Pro

Yeah the Texans were defiantly not getting the attention they deserved last season and it was really aggravating a lot of the fans. Our defense went from last to first in the NFL and we ended the season with second best defense, right after the steelers, then on top of that we lost two qbs, then dre, then mario, and even foster for a couple of games and we were still winning, yet you never heard about it on tv or the radio. So the Texans are defiantly a super bowl contender this season! Im just pumped for the season to start!
Old 07.08.2012, 02:36 PM
Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s
Old 07.08.2012, 10:25 PM
Starter

Looking forward to getting the season started! Great video. Is there any worry over in Houston, with yourself, that the D will drop with Ryans and Mario moving on? Personally I don't think they will
Old 09.08.2012, 03:02 AM
Pro

Nobody seems to be too worried, i mean it would have been great to be able to keep Mario but it was just too much money. What i don't get though is that he said it wasn't about the money....ok well then why did you leave? Houston is close to getting into the Superbowl and the bills are still in rebuilding mode, but oh well, it is what it is. And plus they had a killer D without him so they should be fine. Their motto was 'next man up' all season and we have a lot of good players that will step up.

I was upset when they let Ryans go but again its not like he was irreplaceable.
Old 09.08.2012, 09:23 AM
Pro Bowler

A couple of questions that you might be able to answer from a local point of view - a) being a comparatively new team, do you feel that the Texans have now developed a clear identity, and if so how would you describe it (Bulls on Parade is a good example of this identity i think)?

Also, do you think they will always be in the shadow of the Cowboys in terms of support, given the Cowboys storied history and mass following, plus the fact some Houston supporters stayed with the Titans?

Cheers

Last edited by colonelp76; 09.08.2012 at 05:27 PM.