Howdy from Texas! - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 09.08.2012, 07:44 PM
Pro

They have come a long way. We just use to be known for losing haha, but being a new team i think that was to be expected. The first years were tough but we always stuck by our team. I really think we have some of the best fans and for the last three years they have been named the best tailgaters, by the tailgaiting commissioner Joe Cahn.

People are finally starting to notice us, and if the Texans keep playing well we're going to be known for our awsome D and our awsome run game. In my opinion Foster is the best RB in the NFL and if Dre stays healthy one of the best WR too. So things are looking up here in Houston.

And as for the Cowgirls... well what can i say? Its hard to convince people that we're not in their shadow when they have a winning record and are ''Americas Team''. But the last sb they won was 17 years ago so its hard to say we're still in their shadow now.

Now the titans are different story. I HATE the titans haha more than the cowboys, and when Dre beat up Cortland Finnagan on the field, i think that help solidify our rivalry haha. Every once in a while i'll see some ''wana be gangsters'' wearing oiler stuff but they're wearing it to be ''cool'', everyone here has already moved on.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.08.2012, 08:14 PM
Pro Bowler

I think the 'Bulls On Parade' theme is great. It conjures up the image of a team with attitude and tough on Defence. I also love the 'next man up' approach they took last season. As you say, another good season this year should do the trick

Yeh, when I said in the shadow I meant in terms of support (purely a numbers thing) as you are spot on when you talk about their last success being 17 years ago. I certainly don't think the Texans are in their shadow in any other respect.

I watched that Finnagan fight ha ha. I also watched the footage of Cushing getting headbutted - he made some funny comments after that. These guys are a really likeable bunch.
Old 13.08.2012, 03:26 PM
Pro

The fan base is slowly growing and im glad im part of it, it will probably a while before they get a big fan base like the cowboys, gb, pats etc. but im not to worried about that, id rather have true loyal fans than a bunch of bandwagon fans just jumping on because they did good this season.

haha yeah Cush is carzy! last season his bloody face after that headbutt was really popular, people had posters of it and he singed a ton of them haha, such a fun defense to watch!

Last edited by LoneStarDan; 14.08.2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 13.08.2012, 04:40 PM
Starter

Cushing was pretty unknown to me, now my favourite player and that incident did have something to do with it haha!! They are such a fun D to watch and Mercilus looks as though he will be another weapon.

LoneStar the fact the franchise is so raw was also a big part of why I began following the Texans. Chance to be a part of the success from humble beginnigs
Old 14.08.2012, 06:43 PM
Pro Bowler

Cushing the beast! I love this kind of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1AE1j295dE
Old 14.08.2012, 09:26 PM
Pro

you picked a good reason to follow steven! definitely a up and comming team. i didnt know picking a team was so hard in the UK, but i guess when you have no tie to the US or any of the states it makes sense why its difficult for some.

Also i like the layout of this website but im not to crazy about the videos for alot of the teams. Alot of them need to be updated, honestly if i didnt follow football and was trying to find a team to pick, the Texans video isnt very interesting, they need to show our new revved up defence, our awsome run game with foster and tate, our possible future hall of fame wr Andre, and our awsome fans who are the best tailgaters in the NFL for the last 3 years!
Old 14.08.2012, 10:07 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarDan View Post
They have come a long way. We just use to be known for losing haha, but being a new team i think that was to be expected. The first years were tough but we always stuck by our team. I really think we have some of the best fans and for the last three years they have been named the best tailgaters, by the tailgaiting commissioner Joe Cahn.

People are finally starting to notice us, and if the Texans keep playing well we're going to be known for our awsome D and our awsome run game. In my opinion Foster is the best RB in the NFL and if Dre stays healthy one of the best WR too. So things are looking up here in Houston.

And as for the Cowgirls... well what can i say? Its hard to convince people that we're not in their shadow when they have a winning record and are ''Americas Team''. But the last sb they won was 17 years ago so its hard to say we're still in their shadow now.

Now the titans are different story. I HATE the titans haha more than the cowboys, and when Dre beat up Cortland Finnagan on the field, i think that help solidify our rivalry haha. Every once in a while i'll see some ''wana be gangsters'' wearing oiler stuff but they're wearing it to be ''cool'', everyone here has already moved on.
Great to hear from a fan from Houston. I like your comments about the Cowboys and the Titans.

I was curious to know what college team people in Houston mainly support. Is it the Cougers or Rice. I love College football as much as the NFL now I think so interested to know your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum LonestarDan.
Old 14.08.2012, 11:14 PM
All Pro

Welcome! As you know I'm probably the newest Texan fan here (and As I look forward to being part a Fanbase of a new, young and exciting franchise with an exciting future it's gonna be great chatting with other fans about the ups and downs .. Great to have a local here to gauge what's going on there in Houston and to give us an accurate account from a local perspective
Old 14.08.2012, 11:16 PM
Pro

Thanks Taylor! and i would say the coogs have a bigger following, rice is a private university and is hard to get into so it has a small student body, there for smaller fan base, plus their not really know for their football haha. plus the coogs almost had a perfect season so everyone in the city was excited about that. Im a big Texas A&M fan, my girlfriend goes there and we go to a lot of the football games, and ill be going to the University of Houston in a couple of weeks so im going to start following the coogs now too, so i have a lot of football to watch! haha
Old 15.08.2012, 02:10 AM
Pro

You picked a good team rich, good to have you as a Texans fan!