Howdy from Texas! - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 15.08.2012, 01:28 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich316 View Post
Welcome! As you know I'm probably the newest Texan fan here (and As I look forward to being part a Fanbase of a new, young and exciting franchise with an exciting future it's gonna be great chatting with other fans about the ups and downs .. Great to have a local here to gauge what's going on there in Houston and to give us an accurate account from a local perspective
Hi Rich316

I noticed your location status. You must be the only Texans fan from the Galactic blue Empire I know of.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.08.2012, 01:34 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarDan View Post
Thanks Taylor! and i would say the coogs have a bigger following, rice is a private university and is hard to get into so it has a small student body, there for smaller fan base, plus their not really know for their football haha. plus the coogs almost had a perfect season so everyone in the city was excited about that. Im a big Texas A&M fan, my girlfriend goes there and we go to a lot of the football games, and ill be going to the University of Houston in a couple of weeks so im going to start following the coogs now too, so i have a lot of football to watch! haha
I watch College football on ESPN America each season, It is great to watch. I like the Georgia Bull dogs mainly and the Houston Cougars with the links to Houston naturally. It was great to see Case Keenum join the Texans. He looked awesome in College. I hope he works out just as good in the NFL for the Texans.

Texas A&M in the SEC this season will be good to watch aswell.
Old 15.08.2012, 06:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTaylor View Post
Hi Rich316

I noticed your location status. You must be the only Texans fan from the Galactic blue Empire I know of.
Lol mate I bet! Otherwise known as Essex via birth place of London
Old 15.08.2012, 08:22 PM
Pro

Quote:
I watch College football on ESPN America each season, It is great to watch. I like the Georgia Bull dogs mainly and the Houston Cougars with the links to Houston naturally. It was great to see Case Keenum join the Texans. He looked awesome in College. I hope he works out just as good in the NFL for the Texans.

Texas A&M in the SEC this season will be good to watch aswell.
yeah and coach Sumlin is now A&M's coach so I'm interested to see how that goes! football games in college station(A&M) are unlike any other football games you'll ever go too and in my opinion college football is bigger here in the states than NFL football. also A&M is the original 12th man, that's why i don't like the sea hawks and some people don't know but the sea hawks have to pay A&M to use the 12th man stuff.
Old 15.08.2012, 08:27 PM
Pro

and this is the video thats gets me pumped for college football!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpx6JN1A4U
Old 16.08.2012, 09:34 PM
All Pro

Great vid dude
Old 19.08.2012, 09:52 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarDan View Post
yeah and coach Sumlin is now A&M's coach so I'm interested to see how that goes! football games in college station(A&M) are unlike any other football games you'll ever go too and in my opinion college football is bigger here in the states than NFL football. also A&M is the original 12th man, that's why i don't like the sea hawks and some people don't know but the sea hawks have to pay A&M to use the 12th man stuff.
I did not know that about A&M and the Seahawks.

I was wondering what would be the best month to visit Houston to see the Texans and the Cougars. would it be easy to get around on public transport aswell. Am wanting to save up and visit in the near future. Thought you would know being a local and all. Any advice would be great
Old 21.08.2012, 10:58 PM
Pro

Quote:
I did not know that about A&M and the Seahawks.

I was wondering what would be the best month to visit Houston to see the Texans and the Cougars. would it be easy to get around on public transport aswell. Am wanting to save up and visit in the near future. Thought you would know being a local and all. Any advice would be great
glad i can spread some knowledge haha.

and if your not use to the heat i would suggest coming oct-jan, Houston heat is different from regular Texas heat, since we're close to the coast its really humid, so a 100 degree day can feel like a 105 degree day with the humidity, and it also makes you really sticky and gross haha. Texas has really weird weather too.. i remember one christmas it was snowing and later that day i went swimming because it got really hot haha.

I never have used the public transportation that much because i just drive everywere but there are busses and rail systems that will get you everywhere you need to go, you can also get a cab but im not sure if thats any cheaper?
Old 22.08.2012, 01:58 PM
Rookie

Greetings from Houston!

Everyone here is pumped for the season, I can assure you that. Texans love their football, so now that the Texans are a legit contender, this anticipation is HUGE. Reliant Stadium is easily one of the top 5 as far as loudest/ most electric stadiums in the country and sells out every game. Oh yeah, the Texans parking lot tailgating was voted the best in the league last year also.

Another thing I want to point out is that the team has been building slowly and consistently over the past few years. So the depth is better than most other teams in the league. This is evidenced by the injuries that were overcome last year. We had our third string rookie QB lead us to a playoff victory last year. By contrast, the Colts lost their QB and finished last in the league.

Also, the team is balanced on offense, and now has strong defense and special teams play. We have lead the league in passing or rushing in alternate years, so opponents can't focus on one aspect and eliminate it.
Now that the defense is a strength also, expectations are sky high.

Plus, ownership has been patient fair when dealing with player contracts. They have not sacrificed future success for flashy trades. The team is in good position to make a run at a Super Bowl for multiple years.
Old 22.08.2012, 05:36 PM
All Pro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeHoustonian View Post
Greetings from Houston!

Everyone here is pumped for the season, I can assure you that. Texans love their football, so now that the Texans are a legit contender, this anticipation is HUGE. Reliant Stadium is easily one of the top 5 as far as loudest/ most electric stadiums in the country and sells out every game. Oh yeah, the Texans parking lot tailgating was voted the best in the league last year also.

Another thing I want to point out is that the team has been building slowly and consistently over the past few years. So the depth is better than most other teams in the league. This is evidenced by the injuries that were overcome last year. We had our third string rookie QB lead us to a playoff victory last year. By contrast, the Colts lost their QB and finished last in the league.

Also, the team is balanced on offense, and now has strong defense and special teams play. We have lead the league in passing or rushing in alternate years, so opponents can't focus on one aspect and eliminate it.
Now that the defense is a strength also, expectations are sky high.

Plus, ownership has been patient fair when dealing with player contracts. They have not sacrificed future success for flashy trades. The team is in good position to make a run at a Super Bowl for multiple years.
Awesome to hear! Really can't wait for the season to start. Long time UK Texans fans must be really anticipating a great season...

Thanks for the brilliant introduction and welcome to the forum