How do you watch the Pre-Season? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 09.08.2012, 09:25 AM
All Pro

I don't think condensed is any help at all in the preseason; the game context is totally meaningless, and you don't get any chance to work out who is on the field.

The starters are on and off pretty fast, and don't usually show too much that is interesting. For a given team that you've followed closely, it is very interesting to look at the preseason games in detail and get the only chance to see the rookies and guys on the fringes.

After that, you can have a look at how interesting rookies are likely to perform and fit in around the league. Certainly it'll be fun to see some of the rookie QBs. Also teams that have undergone significant changes. I'll certainly be having a little giggle at how well Manusky has sabotaged the Colts' defence for example.

Other than that, it's pretty much a dirge unless you want to invest a huge amount of time.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.08.2012, 09:51 AM
All Pro

Default How do you watch the Pre-Season?

I just catch game highlights on nfl.com, the snippets that they show on Total Access
Old 09.08.2012, 11:20 AM
Hall of Fame

I watch the condensed version of just the Dolphins games and even that isn't that interesting.
Old 09.08.2012, 11:51 AM
Team Captain

If you're new to football like me, preseason games are a must watch, and not in condensed version.

It's all about basics. Basic blocking schemes, basic routes, basic cover schemes ....

Football is very complex in the NFL, if you don't understand what teams do in the 1st preseason game, don't kid yourself, you won't understand the 1st thing they do in the regular season.
Old 09.08.2012, 01:11 PM
Team Captain

I think I will try and watch as many 1st 1/4 as possible apart from the 'Boys where I will watch pretty much full games, I will also be interested to watch the Skins and Colts for obvious reasons, along with TO and Payton, the Jets should also be an interesting watch with the QB fight and the team literally fighting among themselves

Tags
gamepass , pre-season