Hey y'all :) ..Help!...Mr Indecisive! (again) - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 11.08.2012, 10:42 AM
All Pro

Question Hey y'all :) ..Help!...Mr Indecisive! (again)

Hey All

lol This will probably be my 3rd or 4th introduction on these boards...Deep breath...ok here goes..

I got into NFL Properly around halfway through last season I think...I flittered between several teams and finally 'settled' recently on the Patriots....thing is (as my wife will attest) I'm so indecisive about this and have probably gone about picking my team completely the wrong way. Some of you will be rolling your eyes at me whilst others will understand and may have gone through the same indecisiveness yourself...

I do enjoy watching the Patriots but also enjoy watching plenty of other teams and learning about them and their histories. I would like to have a team to follow from the start of the season and stick with them. As you can see from my other posts I've been quite indecisive about this team picking thing lol...There are a few things I dislike about the Pats since starting to learn more about them....like the spygate thing and the tuck rule episode...not to mention they are based in a very liberal part of the states....I digress...

This whole episode has brought me to looking at more choices...and at the moment I'm focusing on the Texans....firstly they are the newest team in the NFL...they don't have much history so there's the chance to be part of something new. They have never won a SB and have only had 1 playoff app. I could never be accused of gloryhunting lol...

Anyway the above actually appeals to me...that along with the fact that they are based in a great area of america (and for the most part politically lean the same way as myself) ....their fan base seems really solid and I hear they are friendly. I've tried looking for DVDS and clips but not surprisingly they are in short supply ....

P.s I'm not this indecisive about other areas of life...but this NFL obsession has had 2 effects....given me a real love for the game but left me really confused lol

I haven't decided yet but am open to persuasion. I am looking at other teams too but the Texans and Titans are currently winning

Last edited by rich316; 12.08.2012 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11.08.2012, 11:30 AM
Rookie

Hi mate, I don't know about you, but I found that the longer I took to choose a team, the harder it became. I have got a few work mates in the NFL over the past weeks. One chose the 49ers because he remembers them from the coverage in the 80's, another one chose the Bears. I literally just wrote all the teams down and he liked the bears, and now hes began to learn more about them.

With myself, i've been between teams several times, and in the end I settled with the Ravens. Mostly because of them having a good front office,and I love the water front on Baltimore and more importantly the look of both the Football and Baseball stadiums.

I just found the longer I took, the more I learnt, the more I could see positives and negatives about every team.

I think it could just be the case of biting the bullet, even if your unsure, and after a while you'll find you couldnt imagine yourself supporting anyone else.

The texans would be a good choice, they're a team on the up (which is certainly not bandwagoning) with an exciting offense and a much improved defense. As you say, you will get the chance to witness history with the texans, as they are the newest team, and as you say, they've only ever been to the playoffs once in their history.
Old 11.08.2012, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Thanks ...as for the Ravens..I met Ray Lewis @ the fan forum in London recently...best sporting person I ever met! Got a photo with him, an autographed pic and got to ask him a question. Really classy guy who has forever left his mark on my first NFLUK fans event.
Old 11.08.2012, 02:52 PM
Team Captain

i think your meeting with Ray Lewis should tell you something. Pick the dirty bird and post your pic with Ray.
Old 11.08.2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

I have to agree with Mancunian - when people ask you how you chose the Ravens, to say you came to the decision after meeting Ray Lewis is a pretty great reason. I chose the Eagles because of exciting players like Westbrook, Dawkins and McNabb.

That being said, your post seems to show your heart is pulling you towards the Texans; if so don't fight it. Watch all the games you can of the teams that catch your eye and see which one you end up pulling for the most.
Old 11.08.2012, 04:32 PM
All Pro

I hear what you are both saying...Ray Lewis is a legend and meeting him was a great highlight....The ravens are a great team...but I don't feel inclined to them at all. I'd love to feel a pull towards them for the obvious reason mentioned but Ray Lewis aside they just don't appeal to me ...the team, the stadium, the location et al. Definitely a Lewis fanboy tho lol
Old 11.08.2012, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Fair enough, you can't force the decision that's for sure.

Well the season's just about to start up anyway so you have plenty of stuff to watch to help you make up your mind. Keep watching the Texans early games and see where it takes you.
Old 11.08.2012, 05:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
Fair enough, you can't force the decision that's for sure.

Well the season's just about to start up anyway so you have plenty of stuff to watch to help you make up your mind. Keep watching the Texans early games and see where it takes you.
Thanks mate, will do..Can't wait to watch my first full NFL season, (hopefully will settle on a team by the start). Being a casual observer on and off for years this will be the first time I follow it from start to finish

Last edited by rich316; 12.08.2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12.08.2012, 07:38 AM
All Pro

As an aside,the other teams I'm considering are the Titans, the chiefs and my wifes team (Saints).
Old 12.08.2012, 07:55 AM
Team Captain

Carolina....always welcoming new fans....