Hey y'all :) ..Help!...Mr Indecisive! (again) - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 14.08.2012, 02:46 PM
All Pro

Ok, no more Mr Indecisive...the reasons I stated above for leaning towards the Texans are good reasons and I'm going to go with them...I also realize that for those who have no geographical tie to a part of the states, it is hard to just 'feel' for a city or state in general having never been.....having said that, there is plenty about the south and especially East Texas that appeals to me...most of all the fact that they are a new team , without any real success thus far (AFC South aside) going into their 11th season REALLY appeals and has swung it for me. I feel I can be part of something, even if it takes years....It'll make it even sweeter if/when they win the SB some year! I'm sure my wife and others will be happy as they were getting fed up of my chopping and changing lol
Sponsored Links
Old 14.08.2012, 06:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Well done mate. I think you've made a solid choice for the right reasons. I have been going through the same process, like you and many others on here. It's strange but I've never been aware of people delibertaing so much in choosing a team in any other sport, but in NFL it seems quite the norm. Good for you bud.
Old 14.08.2012, 09:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Well done mate. I think you've made a solid choice for the right reasons. I have been going through the same process, like you and many others on here. It's strange but I've never been aware of people delibertaing so much in choosing a team in any other sport, but in NFL it seems quite the norm. Good for you bud.
Thanks dude, 'preciate it

Just curious ...have you come close to choosing a team yourself? Who takes your fancy etc?
Old 14.08.2012, 09:10 PM
Team Captain

Talking Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich316 View Post
Ok, no more Mr Indecisive...the reasons I stated above for leaning towards the Texans are good reasons and I'm going to go with them...I also realize that for those who have no geographical tie to a part of the states, it is hard to just 'feel' for a city or state in general having never been.....having said that, there is plenty about the south and especially East Texas that appeals to me...most of all the fact that they are a new team , without any real success thus far (AFC South aside) going into their 11th season REALLY appeals and has swung it for me. I feel I can be part of something, even if it takes years....It'll make it even sweeter if/when they win the SB some year! I'm sure my wife and others will be happy as they were getting fed up of my chopping and changing lol
Good choice and welcome
Old 14.08.2012, 09:13 PM
All Pro

Thanks bud ...Looking forward to the coming season
Old 14.08.2012, 09:15 PM
Pro

Nice choice man, you should check out the vid i posted on the other thread of our defense, there so fun to watch.
Old 14.08.2012, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarDan View Post
Nice choice man, you should check out the vid i posted on the other thread of our defense, there so fun to watch.
Thanks! Will check it out
Old 06.09.2012, 12:26 AM
All Pro

surprise surprise, I'm still indecisive lol...still not 100% sure. Soooo, I bit the bullet and bought gamepass. Having only followed NFL properly for a short time I haven't really seen enough football, teams etc to make a lasting decisive choice and I'm fed up of chopping and changing. I figure gamepass will allow me to watch tons and tons of games this season and allow me to choose a team based on liking the way they play etc rather than just picking for the sake of picking a team. Still a great chance of it being the Texans tho for my original reasons - I fancy them to reach the SB this year.

Last edited by rich316; 06.09.2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06.09.2012, 12:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Im with you on this. Im taking everyones advice and letting the team pick me. Im going to watch as many games as i can and see where it takes me, putting logic aside for once. As you said though, i still think the Texans are in the running. I like to think I will know who by week 3 or 4 but no pressure
Old 07.09.2012, 08:10 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Im with you on this. Im taking everyones advice and letting the team pick me. Im going to watch as many games as i can and see where it takes me, putting logic aside for once. As you said though, i still think the Texans are in the running. I like to think I will know who by week 3 or 4 but no pressure
Yeah I hear ya!

Edit - Well I've picked my team but will keep it on the DL for now just in case I change again lol (hopefully not)

Last edited by rich316; 26.09.2012 at 07:44 AM.