Playstation 3 Browser + Game Pass = ? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 11.09.2012, 11:23 PM
Rookie

Question Playstation 3 Browser + Game Pass = ?

Hello,

I have tried to search this specific question AND even posted it within a thread but alas no reply.

Is it possible to watch Game Pass on a PlayStation 3 web browser page? Does Flash work, nowadays?

I am NOT talking about an App but the ability to go to Game Pass page on NFL.com and start watching games/archives/NFL Network etc.

I would appreciate a reply from someone who knows if this works eg someone who actually has Game Pass and users it off their PS3 Browser.

I am considering buying a PS3 for this functionality plus I can use it for Blu-Ray and even a cheeky copy of NCAA 13.

Many thanks,

Nader
Sponsored Links
Old 11.09.2012, 11:51 PM
Starter

just tried it, it says adobe flash player has to be installed to play it. Not sure it can be installed on a PS3, and dont want to try in case it breaks it. So I would suggest the answer is no.
Old 12.09.2012, 12:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkmcd View Post
just tried it, it says adobe flash player has to be installed to play it. Not sure it can be installed on a PS3, and dont want to try in case it breaks it. So I would suggest the answer is no.
Ah man. Did it offer to download flash or just said it needs it? There might be hope. Thanks for the reply, mate.
Old 12.09.2012, 12:06 AM
Starter

It said it needed down loading, and there was the loc/icon that may have worked as a link, but didnt want to hit it incase it started trying to download it
Old 12.09.2012, 12:07 AM
Starter

Whilst trying it out though, i did discover... https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.ph...30#post1640030
Old 12.09.2012, 07:52 AM
Team Captain

There's no chance of being able to install Flash on the PS3 for use with the browser. It would require an entirely new version of Flash that Adobe would have to create. The new IE app on the Xbox (I'm part of the beta program) has the same issue. In any case, the trend is moving away from Flash towards HTML5 so it should be less of an issue in the future. But for now, there's no chance of Flash working on the PS3.
Old 12.09.2012, 11:37 AM
Rookie

That's a shame. I know we have iPhone/iPad/Android phones able to play Game Pass but, like many have said, a dedicated App like MLB has would be perfect for the Xbox/PS3/Wii U/even TV's (similar to Netflix on most tvs/blu rays/boxsets).

I was looking at buying the newest Sony Google TV box that connects to your tv and can download apps and use Google Chrome (browser) to watch stuff.

I would like a dedicated device for TV's that would carry with it an NFL appl.

Until then...

BTW thanks for the replies guys.
Old 12.09.2012, 11:42 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndpardis View Post
That's a shame. I know we have iPhone/iPad/Android phones able to play Game Pass but, like many have said, a dedicated App like MLB has would be perfect for the Xbox/PS3/Wii U/even TV's (similar to Netflix on most tvs/blu rays/boxsets).

I was looking at buying the newest Sony Google TV box that connects to your tv and can download apps and use Google Chrome (browser) to watch stuff.

I would like a dedicated device for TV's that would carry with it an NFL appl.

Until then...

BTW thanks for the replies guys.
If the NFL made a dedicated app, problem solved. I'm not sure if Neulion who handle the streaming service also handles the MLB service. But you're right, no sport offers the same online service that MLB does although NHL does a decent job.

Tags
game pass , nfl network , ps3