Why the Texans? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 26.08.2013, 08:16 PM
Rookie

OK, so I may not be a Texans fan, but:

1. They're a well run franchise. The front office makes smart decisions. As a Broncos fan, I couldn't see a 'fax fiasco' in Houston. They make excellent draft picks, with players an excellent fit for the system.
2. The team is beggining to make good on its potential. They should easily win the division, despite Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts, and make progress in the playoffs.
3. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Brian Cushing are worth the price of admission alone, and 'up there' amongst the best in football.
4. The team is the most balanced in football, right now, not the Broncos (no special teams) 49ers (no recievers) or Seahawks. Houston has a proper running game, and a wide reciever corps, with the defensive chops on the otherside of the ball to keep them in every single game.
5. Mike Carlson would also say that Matt Schaub is a Division II QB - but not quite elite (But with Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers, that's a compliment)
6. The people in Houston have a strong football history, and they worked very hard to get their football team back.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.10.2013, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
I think the Texans are a fantastic team and franchise. I spent many an hour deliberating over them myself. There were a number of things that I liked about them.
- They have never won the superbowl, so you can get in from the start and really feel that you are part of something
- It is a solid franchise from top to bottom with a very good and stable owner in Bob Mcnair. Houston needed a team after the Oilers left and I think the fans are grateful that they have their own team again. The fans are passionate.
- The team is high character. Very rarely do they make headlines for the wrong reasons and they tend to stay out of trouble off the pitch. Many of the players come across as likeable. They have an abundance of talent.
- Houston have one of the best stadiums in the league and the atmosphere is top draw too. The tailgating is up there with the best.
- They lack mainstream support over here, I'm not sure why, but get in early and be one of the originals.
- They play hard, they have a great work ethic... a little clip of Cushing here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRVG_j-z1E
- They have a fantastic logo and have built an identity of being tough 'Bulls on Parade'. Also they have a simple but striking uniform in all its guises.
- If you ever visit the city, there is loads to see and do
I have been watching this season as much as I can. The only other game I have watched was the Superbowl earlier this year. This sport is brilliant. I am not sure why I chose to follow the Texans. I kind of went for the love of the state Texas along with overall likeability of the team. This has sort of summed up why I made a good choice, especially as they haven't won the superbowl so seeing them win that one day would be brilliant.