DB: Denzel Ward (Browns)
DB: Earl Thomas (Ravens)
DB: Shawn Williams (Bengals)

K: Justin Tucker (Ravens)
P: Britton Colquitt (Browns)

Head Coach: John Harbaugh (Ravens)
Uniform: Steelers
Stadium: M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens)

I found it harder to separate a few more guys this time around.

Baker's star is on the rise which is one of the reasons for picking him. Mixon and Chubb are similar in some respects, but given Mixon has been in the league a year longer (and is slightly younger with less wear on the tyres) I gave him the nod. A mix of threats at receiver which kind of picked themselves. McDonald over Njoku, just have a perception that McDonald is a little more physical.

Plenty to choose from on the OL in the AFC North. Again, a perception that AV is more physical than Ronnie Stanley, and even though it's hard to leave out DeCastro it's even harder to leave out Yanda even if he's heading into the twilight of his career. A dearth of RT's really, so Jonah Williams gets the nod even though he's a rookie.

Cant see a way of building a better 4 man front than what I chose (no doubt others might see it differently). Another rookie in the mix with Devin Bush at LB. He's got the athleticism to have an impact as a rookie. Schobert seems a sound, blue collar type pick alongside him.

Was going to go with 3 safeties again here (with Damarious Randall) but I think it's a waste in terms of how votes will stack up. Humphrey and Jackson have the speed and size to handle the outside, which means Denzel Ward can bump inside. ET at FS, despite the injury, is a no brainer. Shawn Williams as a box safety gives it better balance than Jesse Bates.

Choice of two for HC basically. Both have drawbacks, but the recent issues off the field in Pittsburgh probably nudged me towards Harbaugh.
Sponsored Links
Old 20.05.2019, 05:35 PM
All Pro

AFC North Dream Team:

Offence:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
RB: Kareem Hunt (Browns)
WR: A.J Green (Bengals)
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster (Steelers)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. (Browns)
TE: David Njoku (Browns)
OT: Ronnie Stanley (Ravens)
OG: Joel Bitonio (Browns)
OC: Maurkice Pouncey (Steelers)
OG: Marshall Yanda (Ravens)
OT: Jonah Williams (Bengals)

Not a huge fan of Baker Mayfield so stuck with Big Ben, though if Baker has a good season I'm not sure if I'll be able to dig my heels in against him anymore. Went with pure talent in my Hunt selection. Unsavoury character, but he's just better than the other options when he's on the football field. You really can't go wrong with the WR's, I'd be shocked if anyone went for anything different here.

Defence:

DE: Cam Heyward (Steelers)
DE: Geno Atkins (Bengals)
NT: Michael Pierce (Ravens)

EDGE: Myles Garrett (Browns)
LB: Joe Schobert (Browns)
LB: Devin Bush (Steelers)
EDGE: TJ Watt (Steelers

CB: Marlon Humphrey (Ravens)
CB: Denzel Ward (Browns)
CB: Greedy Williams (Browns)
FS: Earl Thomas (Ravens)

Lots of talent to choose from at the line and edge positions and some very talented names left out. Not too enamoured by the options at LB or Safety, hence the rookie Bush and 3rd CB in Williams.

Think the special team and miscellaneous picks are fairly straightforward for this division, at least for neutrals.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
AFC North Dream Team:

Offence:

QB: Baker Mayfield (Browns)
RB: Joe Mixon (Bengals)
TE: Vance McDonald (Steelers)

OT: Alejandro Villanueva (Steelers)
OG: Joel Bitoinio (Browns)
OT: Jonah Williams (Bengals)

Defence:

DE: Carlos Dunlap (Bengals)
DT: Geno Atkins (Bengals)
DT: Michael Pierce (Ravens)
DE: Myles Garrett (Browns)

DB: William Jackson (Bengals)
DB: Marlon Humphrey (Ravens)
DB: Shawn Williams (Bengals)

I found it harder to separate a few more guys this time around.

Baker's star is on the rise which is one of the reasons for picking him. Mixon and Chubb are similar in some respects, but given Mixon has been in the league a year longer (and is slightly younger with less wear on the tyres) I gave him the nod. A mix of threats at receiver which kind of picked themselves. McDonald over Njoku, just have a perception that McDonald is a little more physical.

Plenty to choose from on the OL in the AFC North. Again, a perception that AV is more physical than Ronnie Stanley, and even though it's hard to leave out DeCastro it's even harder to leave out Yanda even if he's heading into the twilight of his career. A dearth of RT's really, so Jonah Williams gets the nod even though he's a rookie.

Cant see a way of building a better 4 man front than what I chose (no doubt others might see it differently). Another rookie in the mix with Devin Bush at LB. He's got the athleticism to have an impact as a rookie. Schobert seems a sound, blue collar type pick alongside him.

Was going to go with 3 safeties again here (with Damarious Randall) but I think it's a waste in terms of how votes will stack up. Humphrey and Jackson have the speed and size to handle the outside, which means Denzel Ward can bump inside. ET at FS, despite the injury, is a no brainer. Shawn Williams as a box safety gives it better balance than Jesse Bates.

Choice of two for HC basically. Both have drawbacks, but the recent issues off the field in Pittsburgh probably nudged me towards Harbaugh.
(Olly posting)

Mayfield over Big Ben is madness Richard! I know Baker had a half decent rookie year last year, but he still struggled anytime he faced a halfway decent defence (see chargers, steelers, texans games). A few wins over the Bengals (who had the worst D in living memory at one point last year) is nowhere near enough for him to be going ahead of Big Ben on any list imo
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
MVP

AFC North Dream Team:

Offence:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
RB: James Conner (Steelers)
TE: Vance McDonald (Steelers)

OT: Alejandro Villanueva (Steelers)
OG: Joel Bitoinio (Browns)
OT: Orlando Brown (Ravens)

Defence:

DE: Cameron Heyward (Steelers)
DT: Geno Atkins (Bengals)
DT: Michael Pierce (Ravens)
DE: Myles Garrett (Browns)

LB:TJ Watt (Steelers)

DB: Marlon Humphrey (Ravens)
DB: Tony Jefferson (Ravens)

Uniform: Ravens
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinTheAardvark View Post
(Olly posting)

Mayfield over Big Ben is madness Richard! I know Baker had a half decent rookie year last year, but he still struggled anytime he faced a halfway decent defence (see chargers, steelers, texans games). A few wins over the Bengals (who had the worst D in living memory at one point last year) is nowhere near enough for him to be going ahead of Big Ben on any list imo
I can understand that viewpoint. BR coming off 5,100+ yards is an argument for starters.

Different analytics see them in different ways though, do there is an argument there. Even though he's a sophomore QB Mayfield seems to inspire, and Ben seems a little divisive at times (admittedly it's not all his own fault).

Mayfield is definitely arcing upwards though, and whilst BR isn't nessercarily trending down he is in the home run of his QB career. Then there is the nagging injuries that Ben always seems to be toughing his way through.

Maybe it's because Mayfield is the 'shiny new toy', but we'll see how youth v experience (success) plays out when it's all said done. I'm projecting Mayfield to take another step forward in 2019.
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
All Pro

I'm actually leaning towards Baker Mayfield...