TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD - Page 86 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Old 10.12.2013, 08:36 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
Off-season Plans as I see them:

- Fire Mike Munchak and staff. This is a hard move for me because I really like Munchak, he has been great for this franchise and has been a loyal servant to the Titans/Oilers. But he simply has not done a good enough job and we have been on a stagnant run with below-average teams under his coaching.

- Cut CJ2K. It's been a good run for him with this franchise but he is simply costing us too much at this point and is not having the production to justify his price-tag.

- Cut Kenny Britt. I don't think I need to say why.

- Cut Ryan Fitzpatrick. Not good enough.... rubbish.

- Give David Stewart a significant pay-cut or cut him.

- Re-sign Alterraun Verner, Bernard Pollard and extend Jurrell Casey. We need to spend some of our savings to get these players locked up for the long-term. They have been bright sparks in an otherwise dark season.

- I would certainly consider signing Jay Cuter. He is experienced and is a gunslinger, I think he could propel Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter's careers even further and open us up to a more balanced offense.

- Hire a coach from outside the organisation. We need to stop replacing in-house, it doesn't work. My primary target would be David Shaw from Stanford.

- Dependent on whether Stewart is cut or not we could go OT or BPA in the first round of the draft. In other rounds we need a new RB (I like Bishop Sankey in the second round), a DE, MLB and BPA in the remaining rounds.

A great round-up there mate. I'm in agreement, albeit begrudgingly on most of the points.

I don't like the idea of getting rid of Munch. I think he can get the job done, but this year has been one of transition, he needs at least another season to make his mark. I really don't like the idea of cutting coaching staff regularly. Plus, all the reports from the players have been that they love playing under him, especially on D - and that's where we've been red hot this season. It's just our Offence that needs a boost, and from a coaching perspective I've liked the play calls it's just been amateur errors of dropped passes, incorrect routes, terrible QB that's been killing us. A good QB fixes that in my opinion.

I love CJ2K, but is he worth the money? Debatable. He's somewhat of a binary player - Amazing, or rubbish week-to-week. However, interesting to see the stats of times we've handed the ball of 30+ times in a game.

Also, haven't we paid the bulk of his money off already? Would we be saving that much by cutting him? Just a question. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to reaching for a RB and staying with the smash mouth run game, led by Greene. I think the two-back system has worked well.

I know it's easy to say, and not particularly in-depth analysis, but a top, consistent QB sorts all of our problems out.

Look at the weapons we've got, on both sides of the ball....... Our young receiving core has been nothing short of epic given the standard of service they've had. Our D has kept us in games we had no business being in (thank's to our offence). I don't care what anyone says, I'm still excited about our prospects. I feel the cyclical nature of the NFL is turning in our favour, and we'll be a playoff team, at minimum in 2014.

Again, it's using the old rear-view goggles again, but if we didn't have incidents like fumbling the ball from a punt on our 1yd, give away safties, dropped passes - basically all errors that should not be in the NFL and for the most part we're freak accidents, then we were nailed on for the wild-card spot, and at one point should have 6-0.

Frustrating, but true. I'm as excited as I was at the start of the season.

Sorry for the length. Haha.

TITAN UP!
Old 10.12.2013, 11:09 PM
Pro

Just on the Munchak debacle, this is a very good read
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...r-Mike-Munchak

If you ask me, I think Munch gets another year, and by going by that article I'd assume that the sentiment is shared by Adams successor.

What do you guys think?
Old 10.12.2013, 11:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamsharkey View Post

If you ask me, I think Munch gets another year, and by going by that article I'd assume that the sentiment is shared by Adams successor.

What do you guys think?
I think he's leaning towards keeping Munchak right now, but if he loses all of his remaining games he could very well be gone.
Old 18.12.2013, 10:31 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamsharkey View Post

What do you guys think?
Munch won't get another year, looking at the division and Tennessee's results in 2012 there is no possibility of Munch lasting another year.
Old 20.12.2013, 02:53 AM
Starter

Thumbs up

I agree that munch has to go. They bet the house on JL & CJ this year & it just hasn't worked. There has been a big improvement on the D, but they couldn't really get much worse than last year. I don't think wins in the last 2 games should paper over the cracks.

Dropping CJ frees up about $8 million next year, so that's gonna happen. He dances too much to be effective consistently.

Pollard has been a breath of fresh air in the D, but I feel he makes too many boneheaded plays to be worth keeping. I think he is on a one year deal, so to me it makes sense to look elsewhere, rather than paying him big bucks.

Reading between the lines I don't think the organisation believe in Jake anymore, hence the decision not to take up the year 5 option on his contract. Fitz defo needs replacing, it's been shown he can't step up when called on. Will they keep Jake as a back up instead? As for the cutler rumour, I'm not overly keen on that idea either. Yes he's a step on what we have, but he's also injury prone & likely to want paying well too.

I think if munch does go then Kenny Britt could just stay. Maybe that would help him. He's definitely wasting his talent ATM & that's a big loss for the team as I'm sure he still has the potential to be great. Wether he's actually worth the time & effort, probably not! Hunter & Wright are the future for sure and that prospect excites me greatly going forward!
Old 06.01.2014, 03:14 AM
All Pro

What I would do If I was Ruston Webster:

1. Set out a list of interviewees for the head coaching opening that are ALL out of house and experiences either in the NFL or as a college head coach.

Preliminary Interview List:

Darrell Bevell
Rich Bisaccia
Dan Quinn
Jay Gruden
Mike Zimmer

2. Hire Rich Bisaccia as the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans. I know this is left-field hire but I truly believe it would be a great gamble for the organization. As special teams coordinator Bisaccia has the experience of dealing with both offensive and defensive players and oversees and entire section of the team, all valuable experience for a head coach. He has also held various positional coaching positions on both sides of the ball and so has a wide knowledge of the game.

Bisaccia is also known for his fiery attitude, great teaching skills and personality that leads players to gravitate towards him. I believe that he may be able to attract various experienced coordinators due to his long experience in the league and solid reputation.

3. Rich Bisaccia hires Norv Turner as the OC and Rod Marinelli as the DC.

Last edited by THE_TITAN; 06.01.2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 14.01.2014, 09:29 AM
Pro Bowler

Well guys, it looks like Ken Wisenhunt is the man for the Titans job.
Press conference due later today.
Old 14.01.2014, 10:30 AM
Team Captain

Well on the plus side if it's him, he did take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl which is no mean feat and is 49-53 overall so that's not bad. I am ok with him being the new HC.
Old 14.01.2014, 10:39 AM
Pro

Yep, so we now have Whisenhunt in the hot seat. Will let this play out, and listen to today's press conf to see what his plans are. However, he has a good relationship with the city, so that's a plus.

Whoever of the candidates that were in line for the job were all good in their own right, but for me the bigger elephant in the room is what happens with CJ!
For me, I would let him go. I love him, don't get me wrong, but you have to know when to cut your losses, right? Bottom line is he isn't worth $8m a year. He might have an $8m season in 2014, but I'm sick of the Titans taking shots on 'faith' - we've made too many upgrades to be having to settle for anything other than cold hard production.

We upgraded the line, and yes he had a better year, but not amazing. Greene had a good year, and I think he is the way to go now.

If I was in the Ten war room, I would be looking for a dynamic rookie RB who can make those breakaway runs and take it to the house, and leave the ground and pound, goal line carries to Greene.

Whisenhunt is an offensive minded guy and I think we're looking at a 65-35% split in favour of the pass game. Now, does this mean a return of Jake Locker? Many said that if Munch went, then the Locker project had failed. That's debatable, but now we have essentially cleaned house, is it time to pursue other options?

Personally, the glimpses of brilliance that Locker showed this season has been enough to bring him back, and who knows under a new coaching staff they may be the missing link to Lockers consistency. However, I'm being a hypcorite now, as this is the blind 'faith' that I said I hated.

We have too many talented receivers to not pass the ball. The link is a consistent QB! That to me is the top and bottom of our issues. We get a QB, or improve Locker then we are a playoff team, and then some.

Next up, Verner is top priority to get him resigned to a long-term contract. Then, for me Pollard is essential. There's too many young, inexperienced guys in the locker room and the money he will cost is worth its weight in gold in that respect.

Draft some top end tackles and an athletic RB, and we are "cooking on gas" as they say in my land.

Food for thought: Snap up Ben Tate? And for me, on a purely selfish point of view, resign Britt!
Old 08.09.2014, 07:02 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse445 View Post
Well on the plus side if it's him, he did take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl which is no mean feat and is 49-53 overall so that's not bad. I am ok with him being the new HC.
Well, the first game of the 2014 season has come and gone and our boys have gone into Arrowhead and beat up on the Chiefs for a promising start. So its so far so good ... and i am a happy man