Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Old 05.01.2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Re:TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD

No. ;D
Old 05.01.2006, 08:33 PM
All Pro

[quote author=gemma_d link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=15#msg390039 date=1136456187]
I'm happy to be swayed by your optimism! I thought for much of the season that if we were 20% better in both offense and defense we might have finished with a winning record, but the last few games were disappointing. I agree that we have some good talent at RB, and with another experienced WR we should have a much more productive offense next year (ideally with McNair - and all the noises are good on that). Defense is more of a problem though - we had weaknesses in pretty much all areas, and a lot of work will be needed in the close season.

By the way, does anyone here follow the Nashville Kats?

[/quote]

If the Lovin' Spoonful are to be believed, they've 'been playing since they's babies!'

I try to follow the Kats. Apologies for my obscure country music reference
Old 10.01.2006, 10:04 PM
Rookie

Whats up?

Im new to the board and thought id 'get in there' with some fellow Titans fans.

Went to TN last summer and although there were no games on I visited the stadium in Nashville and also the Tennessee Vols stadium in Knoxville (massive). Even have a photo of Peyton Manning Pass :-[

Anyway....what does everybody think our prospects are for next year? What position will we focus on in the draft?
Old 10.01.2006, 10:10 PM
All Pro

[quote author=hoppo45 link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=15#msg398623 date=1136930669]
Whats up?

Im new to the board and thought id 'get in there' with some fellow Titans fans.

Went to TN last summer and although there were no games on I visited the stadium in Nashville and also the Tennessee Vols stadium in Knoxville (massive). Even have a photo of Peyton Manning Pass :-[

Anyway....what does everybody think our prospects are for next year? What position will we focus on in the draft?
[/quote]

hey welcome hoppo - you chose to 'get in there' with the right bunch of fans here!

As to our propspects next year, I'd say that the mood is one of quiet optimism that we can get something going but that it depends on how well we do in the draft and at free agency as we do have a few holes. On the whole though, we have some young but rapidly maturing pieces that could suprise some people. That's my current take anyway. What do you think?
Old 10.01.2006, 11:31 PM
Rookie

To be honest I haven't really had the chance to see much of the Titan's this year due to not having access to Sky anymore. Im now restricted to catching the short clips Channel 5 show every week! Its a shame we haven't had a live match on this year (to my knowledge).

My bro lives in Greeneville in TN but follows the Falcons as his girlfriend is from ATL booooooo!!!

I think a running back and corner of great ability would be good in pre-season, we can't expect McNair to keep trying to carry the team on his shoulders. Also the strength of Indy and the Jags is worrying going into next season, even the Texans might have a good running game next year!
Old 10.01.2006, 11:32 PM
Hall of Fame

[quote author=hoppo45 link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=15#msg398735 date=1136935870]
To be honest I haven't really had the chance to see much of the Titan's this year due to not having access to Sky anymore. Im now restricted to catching the short clips Channel 5 show every week! Its a shame we haven't had a live match on this year (to my knowledge).

My bro lives in Greeneville in TN but follows the Falcons as his girlfriend is from ATL booooooo!!!

I think a running back and corner of great ability would be good in pre-season, we can't expect McNair to keep trying to carry the team on his shoulders. Also the strength of Indy and the Jags is worrying going into next season, even the Texans might have a good running game next year!
[/quote]

Sky didn't show a single Titans game all year, so you missed nothing by not having Sky.
Old 10.01.2006, 11:34 PM
Rookie

[quote author=Paul32 link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=15#msg398736 date=1136935936]
[quote author=hoppo45 link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=15#msg398735 date=1136935870]

[/quote]

Sky didn't show a single Titans game all year, so you missed nothing by not having Sky.
[/quote]

Cool. Usually they will talk about all teams on Sky though. I think Channel 5's coverage is fantastic and has come on leaps and bounds especially this year but when I e-mailed in about the Titans, the only thing they read out from the e-mail was that I was a 'sleeping bag-er'
Old 11.01.2006, 08:06 PM
Pro Bowler

As part of the Trading syndicate in the TV Coverage forums i have all 16 Titans games from Pontel for this season so if any fellow Titans fans are interested in them message me and we can discuss.
Old 12.01.2006, 11:00 AM
Pro

with not many players leaving over free agency and the Cap been more manageable, and McNair staying, and if the younger guys on the team can develop well (specly Calico) and get rid of brown he done nothing since he been injuredthen the Titans are going to have a sound season next year and maybe even playoff bound
Old 12.01.2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Remember '99? Five non-winning seasons then right out of the blue a superbowl appearance so why not playoffs next year?