2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 54 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #531  
Old 12.03.2019, 07:57 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
There are some about, not all, but not everyone is overpaying.
some younger guys may be inclined to take short cheaper deals betting on themselves(the honey badger did it last year and got his long term deal this off season) but with Ansah and his age/injury record if he is going to take less money he should be in no hurry to do so.people over pay for pass rush/sacks
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:03 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Rodger Saffold is signing a 4 year contract worth $44m with Tennessee, with $22.5m guaranteed.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:05 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
pretty harsh since no one can agree to anything yet, it's not like he is sitting down about to sign the deal and then runs off as nightmares of being a Jet play in his head


and even if he did, and who could blame him, wishing a big injury on him seems needless, its not even like you got gazumped.



hope he gets a little paper cut or something
Screw him. If we didn’t think we’d addressed our pass rush need by signing him, we would have almost certainly signed one of the guys the Packers got. Instead, we end up with nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:08 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Screw him. If we didn’t think we’d addressed our pass rush need by signing him, we would have almost certainly signed one of the guys the Packers got. Instead, we end up with nothing.

you might not of liked those guys and can still offer on them.


i guess thats the issue with these deals being reported, there is no deal, nothing is suppose to be agreed yet but people take the reports as completed deals.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:08 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Rodger Saffold is signing a 4 year contract worth $44m with Tennessee, with $22.5m guaranteed.
That's a lot of money for an old O lineman. Will be interesting to see the contract breakdown.

But if you're going to overpay, overpay for quality which is what the Titans have done
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:26 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Carolina have signed C Matt Paradis on a 3 year deal worth $27m.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 12.03.2019, 08:30 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Carolina have signed C Matt Paradis on a 3 year deal worth $27m.
That's quite cheap. Morse got $2m a year more, albeit he is younger.

And Carolina? What happened to the Jets? At that price, it's not like they were financially outmuscled
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 12.03.2019, 09:20 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
That's quite cheap. Morse got $2m a year more, albeit he is younger.

And Carolina? What happened to the Jets? At that price, it's not like they were financially outmuscled
Must have been concerned about his leg injury. Whatever the case, if we now don’t get Le’Veon Bell, it’s been a pretty poor day...
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 12.03.2019, 09:43 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Must have been concerned about his leg injury. Whatever the case, if we now don’t get Le’Veon Bell, it’s been a pretty poor day...
Really hoping Bell gets a 'sensible' deal, even its a fully guaranteed 3 year one.

The contract number doesn't matter really, its how much of it he sees, but whatever this deal is its going to make negotiating with Zeke that much harder.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 12.03.2019, 09:57 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Really hoping Bell gets a 'sensible' deal, even its a fully guaranteed 3 year one.

The contract number doesn't matter really, its how much of it he sees, but whatever this deal is its going to make negotiating with Zeke that much harder.
with Zeke hasn't the Gurley extension set the market for his next deal and the Cowboys can say that Bell been an UFA maybe makes his deal unique.Bell's deal only really may have an impact on Zeke if they end up needing to use the franchise tag down the line.

on Bell surely $50m in guaranteed money would sound right even with the Jets now been the only contender according the NFL insiders.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:15 AM.