2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

  #51  
Old 12.02.2019, 06:13 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Antonio Brown has "tweeted" his goodbye to Steeler nation so maybe the long running saga maybe nearing a solution.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12.02.2019, 09:28 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Antonio Brown has "tweeted" his goodbye to Steeler nation so maybe the long running saga maybe nearing a solution.
Maybe. Trades can’t go through for another month yet but the Redskins and Chiefs announced the Alex Smith trade six weeks before the window opened last year. He certainly won’t be waived.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 13.02.2019, 04:23 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Flacco potentially being traded to the Broncos it seems.

The Broncos need an upgrade at QB, but I'm not sure Flacco was the right move. It'll be interesting to see what the cost is.......
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 13.02.2019, 04:26 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Flacco potentially being traded to the Broncos it seems.

The Broncos need an upgrade at QB, but I'm not sure Flacco was the right move. It'll be interesting to see what the cost is.......
Boom! 1 for 1 on my QB predictions...

EDIT: Wonder if they’ll still be in the QB market at #10?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 13.02.2019, 04:37 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Boom! 1 for 1 on my QB predictions...

EDIT: Wonder if they’ll still be in the QB market at #10?
Always a surprise whenever teams trade within conference. It suggests that either the Ravens don't rate him or the there was not much of a market/offers well below what Elway was offering.

Flacco has being underwhelming for 4 years now, with injuries thrown in. Seems another desperate move by Elway who tries to find that elusive QB
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 13.02.2019, 05:12 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Boom! 1 for 1 on my QB predictions...

EDIT: Wonder if they’ll still be in the QB market at #10?
Still think they will be in the market, I don't think Lock is out of the question and do what the Chiefs did with Mahomes and sit him for a year.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 13.02.2019, 05:39 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

The most pointless trade in NFL history.

An aging QB only capable to be a backup, is traded to compete with an aging QB only capable to be a backup
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 13.02.2019, 05:41 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Considering the Broncos will absord $10m in dead money if they move on from Keenum, plus carry Flacco's $18m base salary in 2019, I'd be surprised if they then spent the 10th pick on a QB too. Especially after giving up some picks for Flacco as well.

Elway needs to solve his QB conundrum, but investing that much capital might be going overboard.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 13.02.2019, 05:45 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Considering the Broncos will absord $10m in dead money if they move on from Keenum, plus carry Flacco's $18m base salary in 2019, I'd be surprised if they then spent the 10th pick on a QB too. Especially after giving up some picks for Flacco as well.

Elway needs to solve his QB conundrum, but investing that much capital might be going overboard.
Reportedly it's a mid round pick, so probably a third at best.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 13.02.2019, 05:47 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,914
Default

Over the last two years Keenum's stats in most key areas are better. Why take the cap hit, trade cost and assimilate a new QB into your franchise for little to no upgrade

Elway remains one of the poorest GM's in the league.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:23 PM.