The Dawg Pound! - Page 447 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 31.08.2016, 09:44 PM
All Pro

I think most people would agree with you.
I don't see them as tanking this season as some are saying; I think they have assessed what we had and decided we were realistically not contending this year. I like that we are giving the roster spots to younger guys as, quite frankly, last year got embarrassing on defense for us. At least the young players will get playing time to gain experience and show what they are made of.
This way we will have perhaps marginally worse results (is that possible given the predictions ) but we will be in a better position knowing what we have going forward.

I also liked the Lee trade as we already have a number of picks 2017 and so exchanging one of those for a better 2018 pick seems to make sense. Particularly as we don't look like having any chance of 2018 compensatory picks
Old 05.09.2016, 10:40 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish bang wallop View Post
Not going to lie, after the last few games and the general fire sale that's going on it doesn't look good for the Browns, to many units just nit performing or under talented and even the few exceptions like Nassib have only looked good against backups

Have to be genuinely concerned about going 0-16 at this point
Why no man, we've got massive threats at WR this season and that alone will win us at least 5 surely, I hope. Lads over 5'10 / massive units with speed in the tank - at last a bit of excitement for a change!

We've done nothing much on the DEF side of things last season so I fully agree with Hue in shipping the majority of this lot out through cuts/trades.

Hue's not taking any prisoners this season no matter who you are, not up to scratch / putting the effort in = see ya!
Old 05.09.2016, 12:58 PM
All Pro

There's a good article on NFL site about Hue's time in Cleveland. I'd not dipped in to the news until the preseason training was well under way and didn't realise Hue had been unwell.
As you say, last year we were one of the more expensive defenses and was easily run and passed on, so they can't do worse. Can they? And at least they are getting a chance to develop.
Old 13.09.2016, 12:27 PM
All Pro

I think I'm still a bit stunned. I didn't expect that. Credit to Wentz and the Eagles, they played pretty well.
I expected more from our Offense and slightly less from our Defense. I was distracted when we did our fake punt and so couldn't believe what I was seeing. Ditto with the safety.
I was encouraged by the improvement in Defense, who weren't supported by the other units. There's a long way to go and I hope we can be patient. I think Hue is right not to go out and pay for a QB.
Old 13.09.2016, 07:28 PM
Starter

The safety definitely seemed to be the turning point. Couldn't get anything going after that. Not too worried about QB situation, more worried about how to get Crowell and Duke moving forward. It was always going to be a long hard season.
Old 15.09.2016, 05:27 PM
Starter

Up until the safety I thought the Browns were clicking nicely.

Two silly penalties given away when the Eagles were 3rd and whatever was pretty frustrating but apart from that and up until the safety there were reasons to be optimistic I thought.
Old 18.09.2016, 08:22 PM
Starter

Old timers, why do you put yourself through this every year?

I started following the Browns maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago thinking I'd go for one of the least fashionable teams. A bit of novelty or something. Trying to be cool by not following a winning team maybe.

But I think I age about another year everytime I watch them.

At this rate I'll be about 50 by the end of this season.
Old 19.09.2016, 06:28 PM
All Pro

As a Brownie, I feel I have graduated. Yesterday we got back late and so I put gamepass on to see we were 20-2 ahead. I didn't see us score a single point!

On a different note, how good to see us show up to play run defense. It is so refreshing to see us put in our tackles. Despite the injury situation, I am encouraged going forward.
Old 23.09.2016, 09:41 PM
All Pro

While we often have "same old Browns" tag put on us I don't believe we are entirely responsible. To me the difference in how penalties may be awarded against different teams seemed to be displayed last night. The particular instant that stood out to me was near the beginning of the game when Brisset was still trying to settle. He lofted a pass downfield and overthrew his target by some way. At the time I remember thinking that Houston would be safe from being penalised as it appeared an uncatchable pass. We have already had such plays this season; in fact, I'm sure a PI flag was lifted and that reason was announced. Likewise, when Josh slid and gave himself up and 2 or 3 Ravens fell on top of him, I thought there had been some rule change! However, the penalty was awarded to the Pats, the drive continued and he seemed to settle.
It seems to curse all sports: I stopped watching international rugby union as I got bored that so many decisions seemed to go the All Blacks way (at that time - I don't know about now).
Penalties can play a significant part in any game either in allowing momentum to build or stall.
Old 25.09.2016, 08:40 PM
Starter

How many penalties did Pasztor give away tonight? 3 missed FGs by Parkey and the last one, after the defensive play to overturn it, jesus christ almighty.

I know the Browns are absolutely ravaged at the moment but there's no excuses for some of this.