Top 10 pick???? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 28.10.2010, 06:58 PM
All Pro

Default Top 10 pick????

As much as I dont want to see or say this but does anyone else think that we could actually see us picking within the first 10 picks in the draft?

No offence to Kitna but I cant see him steadying the ship and tuning things around. Romo is a massive loss and we are going to hope he comes back alot quicker.
Old 28.10.2010, 07:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsCowboy View Post
As much as I dont want to see or say this but does anyone else think that we could actually see us picking within the first 10 picks in the draft?

No offence to Kitna but I cant see him steadying the ship and tuning things around. Romo is a massive loss and we are going to hope he comes back alot quicker.
Top ten is my mininum expectation.

I want top 6. Its time jezza wrote off the season.
Old 28.10.2010, 07:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_is_god View Post
Top ten is my mininum expectation.

I want top 6. Its time jezza wrote off the season.
Its something that is worrying me the fort of havin a top ten pick. We are a better team than this and would like to know what the heck is going on. I said it last season but Wade Phillips has got to go this off season or if we still as poor with 5-6 games to go then boot him out then and get someone new in and settle in before the season finishes so he can stamp his authority sooner rather than later..

Tackle in the draft?
Old 28.10.2010, 07:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsCowboy View Post
Its something that is worrying me the fort of havin a top ten pick. We are a better team than this and would like to know what the heck is going on. I said it last season but Wade Phillips has got to go this off season or if we still as poor with 5-6 games to go then boot him out then and get someone new in and settle in before the season finishes so he can stamp his authority sooner rather than later..

Tackle in the draft?
We definately need a tackle, but Doug Free has been solid and i dont think you draft right tackles in the 1st round although it didnt hurt the Ravens when they took Oher despite having Gaither.

I'd like a playmaker in the secondary 1st then a tackle with your high 2nd. Hopefully with Gruden as head coach!!
Old 28.10.2010, 07:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_is_god View Post
We definately need a tackle, but Doug Free has been solid and i dont think you draft right tackles in the 1st round although it didnt hurt the Ravens when they took Oher despite having Gaither.

I'd like a playmaker in the secondary 1st then a tackle with your high 2nd. Hopefully with Gruden as head coach!!

Yea i dont mind Free but have him on the right side. I wonder if Gaither was ever on the block when we were acutally linked to him. I think we need to address that left tackle position. But is there going to be anyone worth a high pick....if we have one.

I would love Gruden as head coach. I hate the Buccs but i liked him when he was in charge.

JEZZA GET US GRUDEN OR DUNGY!!!

Last edited by LeedsCowboy; 30.10.2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 29.10.2010, 02:56 PM
All Pro

I really think we will be top 5 at least, and No1 wodnt surprise me, and I think we will take one of the 2 outstanding CB's who will be a available... Can't see us taking an OL till the 2nd round, though I do see us being busy in the free agency market next year... Assuming that is that they have sorted out any potential lock out problems.

Last edited by NeathBlue; 29.10.2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 31.10.2010, 11:39 AM
Starter

Jerry Jones doesn't draft offensive lineman in Round 1. They are an ageing line now though and it shows.

I agree a big player from the secondary is a must and maybe an inside line backer althugh we may change back to a 4-3 defense if we get new head coach and ILB will not be as needed then.
Old 01.11.2010, 09:36 AM
Team Captain

Yeah a top 10 pick likely but looking at the way we are playing, I don't think this one draft class is going to fix all these problems.

Then again it might just be a new head coach that turns things around.
Old 02.11.2010, 06:40 PM
Team Captain

i'm hoping top 5 too. we might as well just give up and go for 1st round but i don't see anyone else who would pick before us wanting someone in the secondary.
Old 08.11.2010, 10:36 AM
Team Captain

It's rapidly looking like we need a fill in loads of positions, not just a secondary and all our problems are solved.

The top 5 pick that we are heading towards is probably going to be a case of taking the best LT off the board because that will be the best player on the board, and the o-line is a clear need (of many).

If we are looking at secondary, then we could do with being in a spot that someone will trade up to, as we could probably get the player we'd want in the middle of the first round, and we're heading for higher than that in the draft. Trade down a few spots for an extra 3rd round pick would enable us to fill an additional need somewhere. A big fella at guard that can open up a running lane would also be a useful pick as we should have a great running game, but if woeful this season.

Personally, I think a lot of this is dependant upon what becomes available in FA. We need to be active in that this year, as there is a lot to change. What we can pick up in FA, we need to concentrate on at the draft.