Bob Sanders & OJ Atogwe Released - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 19.02.2011, 01:20 AM
Team Captain

Default Bob Sanders & OJ Atogwe Released

As the title says, both Safeties have been cut and I think we NEED to pick one of these up ASAP.

Sanders when healthy is one of the best S's in the league. But the fact he is so injury prone, I think Atogwe is the much better option.

Theres talk of Michael Huff becoming available as well but I hope we address the position now instead of waiting.
Old 19.02.2011, 09:50 AM
Starter

Agreed! Use the 9th pick on the O or D line. Get Jerry on the phone! :-)
Old 19.02.2011, 10:13 AM
All Pro

It would be a huge mistake IMO if we don't pick up at least 1 Saftey in free agency... I doubt we will draft an OL at 9, if we do draft an OL in the 1st round it will be after trading down... I think we are more likely to draft a DE or LB at 9 if we stay there.
Old 19.02.2011, 10:35 AM
All Pro

Agree with Nev on this one, Otogwe would be the better option imo. Sanders is class but hes never going to be fit enough to play a full season imo. Otogwe would be an upgrade for sure.

Id like us to go OL with that 9th pick, we cant just keep ignoring it. Take the best tackle available as there aint many in this draft whereas DL and CB has great depth and value possibly even with our 3rd round pick. Unless of course someone like Peterson or Bowers take and epic tumble.
Old 19.02.2011, 04:56 PM
All Pro

I would them both lol, but in all seriousness then we gotta get on the phone to Atogwe. This guy is awesome. Get him in and maybe a gem in the back end of the draft.
Old 25.02.2011, 10:15 PM
All Pro

9 games in the last three seasons out of a possible 48 games. A career where he's played less than half of the games he could have played in due to injury... I'd place money somewhere else than in Sanders who will most probably be watching your team on the sidelines....
Old 26.02.2011, 12:13 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
9 games in the last three seasons out of a possible 48 games. A career where he's played less than half of the games he could have played in due to injury... I'd place money somewhere else than in Sanders who will most probably be watching your team on the sidelines....
Too right, unless you could sign him to a deal where you only pay him for games/starts Sanders is just too risky. Even then I guess the other point with Sanders is that your backup would need to be good enough to start, as he's going to get a lot of game time. And if he's that good then you don't need Sanders.

As for Atogwe, the Cowboys could have (and possibly should have) signed him for last season, so I'm assuming there were reasons that they passed up the opportunity.

Now it may well have been that they thought they already had the answer to the issues of safety on the roster, in which case they may just take another look.
Old 04.03.2011, 01:14 PM
Starter

Those pesky Redskins.....