Cam Newton - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 27.02.2011, 08:24 AM
All Pro

Default Cam Newton

While watching NFL Total Access last night, i was shocked to hear that we are going to interview Cam Newton.

Is this just one of JJ's things to get the Cowboys back in the news or would we really be interested in a QB like Newton who is clearly going in the top ten when we dont need him?

Me personally want Romo under centre for years to come, get rid of McGee and bring in a gem to learn under Romo and a veteran so he would be ready to take over under centre when Romo is done.
Old 27.02.2011, 09:37 AM
All Pro

No way do we draft Cam Newton. I'd say JJ is playing mind games and trying to find a way out of the top ten.
Old 27.02.2011, 05:52 PM
Team Captain

It's only right for Dallas (and every other team in the top 10) to interview every player that is a potential top 10 pick.

You also don't want to just interview the players that you want to pick, it might give the other teams an advantage come draft day.

Another thing that I read somewhere about this, was you never know down the road if he becomes a free agent, the information you got at this time may be useful.
Old 27.02.2011, 08:07 PM
All Pro

I wouldn't touch Cam Newton untill the 3rd round at earliest... His ability to be a Kordell Stewart type along with Vince Young has way to many eerie similarities
Old 27.02.2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

We do have more pressing needs, but with Jon Kitna near retirement and unlikely that Stephen McGee will be a starter we need to get someone in the next two years who will be our No.1 QB. That Romo guy is not the answer. If Newtown is the best available option available to Dallas in the first round they just might take him.
Old 28.02.2011, 12:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
We do have more pressing needs, but with Jon Kitna near retirement and unlikely that Stephen McGee will be a starter we need to get someone in the next two years who will be our No.1 QB. That Romo guy is not the answer. If Newtown is the best available option available to Dallas in the first round they just might take him.
Whether we have Cam Newton, Tony Romo or Joe freakin Montana it wont matter unless we sort out our O-line this year.

I dont think it will happen but picking Cam at 9 is the exact type of boneheaded move Jerry would make. Picking a lineman 1st isnt 'Hollywood' enough for Jerry.
Old 28.02.2011, 04:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
This again. Romo is the guy, no way we take a QB early.

He is our starter for a while to come yet.
Old 02.03.2011, 06:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflcowboys View Post
This again. Romo is the guy, no way we take a QB early.

He is our starter for a while to come yet.
Here here.

If we going to take a QB i wouldnt mind us taking Mallett or Locker in 2nd and let them learn