2019 Season Ticket Renewals - Page 12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 06.06.2019, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down

The thing that's really annoyed me, besides the free for all, is that now I'm hearing reports that minutes after tickets were purchased, then they were turning up on third party site for grossly inflated prices. The whole system has fallen into the hands of touts and get rich quick merchants who have no interest in the game. The authorities are doing nothing to stop this and it's loyal fans like us that suffer. They should cancel those tickets and resale them to genuine fans. The number of times I've been to the Wembley games and have been accosted by touts, in full view of the police, and nothing was being done. I thought this thing was illegal. The NFL and NFLUK should hang their heads in shame, but they won't while it means killing the cash cow. It's time for devoted fans to stand up and shout enough. Our loyalty can only go so far.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.06.2019, 08:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trains1995 View Post
The thing that's really annoyed me, besides the free for all, is that now I'm hearing reports that minutes after tickets were purchased, then they were turning up on third party site for grossly inflated prices. The whole system has fallen into the hands of touts and get rich quick merchants who have no interest in the game. The authorities are doing nothing to stop this and it's loyal fans like us that suffer. They should cancel those tickets and resale them to genuine fans. The number of times I've been to the Wembley games and have been accosted by touts, in full view of the police, and nothing was being done. I thought this thing was illegal. The NFL and NFLUK should hang their heads in shame, but they won't while it means killing the cash cow. It's time for devoted fans to stand up and shout enough. Our loyalty can only go so far.
I believe touting is only illegal for football.

As for cash cow, how is the NFL making money from touts?
Old 07.06.2019, 05:02 AM
Rookie

European Bob, that's a good point about the cash cow thing and maybe that was too strong a phrase. There's a lot of anger out there about it under the surface, so it maybe born of that. Apologies.

Thinking about it further and more rationally. The way it's being handled by having a free for all which allows non-genuine fans to profit at the expense of these fans can't be good for the image of the NFL and may drive fans away. And with fans on board instead, generating Income for the genuine good and image of the game must be dealt with, and they can start by making a system that's fair for long term and new to the game. How they do it? Well that's down to them. Touts are a blight on the game we love, they need to be dealt with, not given an opportunity to flourish.