Who's Your Team And Why? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 04.04.2019, 07:45 PM
Team Captain

I'm cheating & having 2 teams (Neither are much good)

Houston - Lived there for 3 years many times ago so always follow & support there sporting teams.

Illinois - First game I watched was on TV against Miami they lost but I liked there QB at the time so have always followed them. The Lose situation has followed them for 20 odd years which is slightly bad.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.04.2019, 11:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleecougar View Post

Houston - Lived there for 3 years many times ago so always follow & support there sporting teams.

Illinois - First game I watched was on TV against Miami they lost but I liked there QB at the time so have always followed them. The Lose situation has followed them for 20 odd years which is slightly bad.
Since there a million teams it's acceptable to have as many teams as you want as long as they're not rivals
Old 06.04.2019, 05:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Penn State and Pitt on the East Coast, and Stanford and Cal on the West Coast. Funnily enough teams that are right next door to one another!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Since there a million teams it's acceptable to have as many teams as you want as long as they're not rivals
Better nail my colours to a mast sooner rather than later then!
Old 23.04.2019, 03:13 PM
MVP

i support the nevada wolfpack.

firstly though i supported the buckeyes. reason being seeing the horseshoe in birds-eye view and hearing a trance song that they chant along to (which i currently forget ) when i first got into CFB. but matured and grew out of them just like when i stopped supporting real madrid lol.

i always had an affinity for the state of nevada. balrog (street fighter). area 51. it's mysterious and has a lot of secrets to reveal. and just off-topic for off-season check these family explorers out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJW...XQW79cQ/videos
(go to the very end and work up. class viewing)

might as well shout how i became a supporter of the michigan state spartans in college basketball. the first game i ever watched of CBB was a sparty home game at the breslin centre and mike tirico was commentating. i didn't know he announced CBB but with that and being a lion fan it just clicked. which also means i definitely have a rapport for their college football team.
Old 09.06.2019, 12:18 PM
MVP

it's 'monster fish' weekend on nat geo wild (sky 165).

i love nature and fishing programmes and have watched zeb hogan for ages. only realised that the N cap he wears is for nevada. don't know why i always thought the N was for Navy.

so another pro for the pack.
Old 17.06.2019, 07:45 PM
Team Captain

Florida Gators for me. First game I saw way back in 1987 when it used to be on in the early hours on ITV as an edited 1 hour highlights of a main game similar to channel 4's NFL coverage. Been a fan ever since, along with their College Basketball team. Being nostalgic I have collected all that coverage over the years and whacked it on to dvd.
Old 19.06.2019, 09:21 AM
Team Captain

Oklahoma Sooners

I went to college in the US then got my first job at Univ. of Oklahoma. On my first weekend there they took me to the first home game of the season and I met some of the players. Never looked back. That was the Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray, Ryan Broyles era.
Old 22.06.2019, 12:04 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleecougar View Post

Your not alone - 2 teams here also in Penn State and Miami Hurricanes

Penn State as they were the first team I just found myself liking and just grew towards them, especially with Barkley, and just learnt a lot more about them with Penn State Unrivaled on YouTube

Miami as the first ever college team I even knew existed (thought they were actually an NFL team when I first heard of them - I was only like 9 years old lol) and their documentary on ESPN, would love to see that team get back to the way they were in the 90s!
Old 22.06.2019, 12:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane.17 View Post
Your not alone - 2 teams here also in Penn State and Miami Hurricanes

Penn State as they were the first team I just found myself liking and just grew towards them, especially with Barkley, and just learnt a lot more about them with Penn State Unrivaled on YouTube

Miami as the first ever college team I even knew existed (thought they were actually an NFL team when I first heard of them - I was only like 9 years old lol) and their documentary on ESPN, would love to see that team get back to the way they were in the 90s!
Good shout on this. Didn't know about it, will try and watch a few when I get time.