WWE Thread - Page 730 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 04.04.2012, 02:12 PM
Starter

Just another thought that has been going round my head at work today.....

HHH insisted it was a 'Hellin a Cell' match....then neither of the combatants really utilised the structure to influence the outcome.

I was expecting something akin to Mankind hurling himself off the top of it back in the day. But really, that match (as good as it was) could have been done without the cage around it.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.04.2012, 02:33 PM
MVP

The match was used because it's their match so to speak, Undertaker's early on, then HHH took over. It was more symbolic than anything. They can't use it in the insane ways they did in the attitude era, they'd be shut down, lol.
Old 04.04.2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
The match was used because it's their match so to speak, Undertaker's early on, then HHH took over. It was more symbolic than anything. They can't use it in the insane ways they did in the attitude era, they'd be shut down, lol.
Yeah, HIAC matches in recent years have been little more than glorified Cage matches. Last time I remember wrestlers actually climbing on the structure was when Undertaker choke slammed Rikishi off the top, and even then it was more of a gentle shove and Rikishi had a soft landing. Shame really, but HIAC is basically redundant in the PG era....
Old 04.04.2012, 03:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Jets View Post
Decent WM in all and would have been great had they given any focus on the other matches except the big 3. The 3 main matches all delivered IMO, all very different too.

The emotional brawl in HHH-Taker, brilliant storytelling, Michaels acting emotionally spent in the corner was a superb touch. HHH being carried out after last year was excellent, gives Taker his credibility back and builds him up for a match with Cena/Lesnar/whoever next year.

Jericho-Punk was superb, it was a pure wrestling match with some nice storytelling added in, Jericho asking Punk to nail him with the chair was awesome. Some great exchanges, particularly with the submission holds. Getting the crowd into it was never going to be easy, sandwiched between HHH-Taker and Rock-Cena, they pulled it off though.

Rock-Cena lived up to expectation, not the same match quality of the other two but it was irrelevant, the exhanges at the end really were larger than life stuff and I was stunned they had the Rock go over. Great ending.

The other matches aren't even worth talking about and the music/concerts were cringeworthy, they really drag down what could have been one of the best WM's. Bryan's burial was the worst, best in ring performer on the roster by a distance and he loses in 18 seconds, nice to see the crowd chanting his name throughout the night though. That character is probably done now, shame too as it was just brilliant.

Overall 7/10 for me.
Its mad they gave bryan 18 seconds and the dreadful divas match the time they did. If you look back to previous wrestlemanias there wasn't a lot of matches and the brodus clay thing was pointless.
Worryingly for wwe the two big matches involved taker hhh and hbk who are finished now and the rock who comes and goes as he pleases. The main event could of been so much better if cena had screwed the rock
Old 04.04.2012, 05:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden#1 View Post
Just another thought that has been going round my head at work today.....

HHH insisted it was a 'Hellin a Cell' match....then neither of the combatants really utilised the structure to influence the outcome.

I was expecting something akin to Mankind hurling himself off the top of it back in the day. But really, that match (as good as it was) could have been done without the cage around it.
i was thinking that to. Do you think thats because it is now PG?
Old 05.04.2012, 02:37 PM
Starter

I don't get this PG malarky to be honest....Apparently it's ok to smash someone repeatedly over the back with a chair and chin him with a sledgehammer. HHH was cut above the eye...I thought blood was 'banned' now ?

This was Wrestlemania...the biggest stage of all. Surely they should have been pulling out all the stops in this match. Instead the cage was irrelevant !
Old 12.04.2012, 11:40 AM
Starter

Been meaning to write here sooner. I went to Wrestlemania this year, first time I've gone and I'm already planning next year. I went to Axxess four times and met a bunch of wrestlers, and Mike Tyson. The highlights of Axxess though were the FCW matches that they had going on. Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose was great and it's good to see Dean Ambrose getting moved to doing more Raw/Smackdown dark matches. The Hall of Fame ceremony was great fun, Daniel Bryan chants were strong there when the wrestlers all filed into their seats. Mania itself was a mixed bag. We paid $250 for our seats but had an obstructed view because of the palm trees so we complained and got moved to $400 seats which wasn't too bad =p. The Bryan/Sheamus match was disappointing considering the time the divas match got and the Brodus Clay segment but it made sense that if they were doing a short match that they make it as short as possible. This got so much heat on Sheamus as it seemed every person there was pro-Bryan. I can't wait to see the Taker/HHH match with commentary, the Rock/Cena fight too. Raw was amazing. We were 6th row behind the announcers and got on TV a couple of times. The reaction for Brock was huge but the reaction for Bryan was bigger. The dark match at the end was great, even Big Show jumping up and down chanting "yes!" too.
Old 12.04.2012, 12:00 PM
MVP

I think they have big plans for Ambrose, him and Mick Foley have been "feuding" off TV and it's been pretty awesome.
Old 12.04.2012, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcat View Post
Been meaning to write here sooner. I went to Wrestlemania this year, first time I've gone and I'm already planning next year. I went to Axxess four times and met a bunch of wrestlers, and Mike Tyson. The highlights of Axxess though were the FCW matches that they had going on. Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose was great and it's good to see Dean Ambrose getting moved to doing more Raw/Smackdown dark matches. The Hall of Fame ceremony was great fun, Daniel Bryan chants were strong there when the wrestlers all filed into their seats. Mania itself was a mixed bag. We paid $250 for our seats but had an obstructed view because of the palm trees so we complained and got moved to $400 seats which wasn't too bad =p. The Bryan/Sheamus match was disappointing considering the time the divas match got and the Brodus Clay segment but it made sense that if they were doing a short match that they make it as short as possible. This got so much heat on Sheamus as it seemed every person there was pro-Bryan. I can't wait to see the Taker/HHH match with commentary, the Rock/Cena fight too. Raw was amazing. We were 6th row behind the announcers and got on TV a couple of times. The reaction for Brock was huge but the reaction for Bryan was bigger. The dark match at the end was great, even Big Show jumping up and down chanting "yes!" too.
What's your take on the apparent storyline brewing between Ambrose and Mick Foley? No-one better to get a new talent over than Foley imo.....

EDIT: Looks like Jacks Jets beat me to it.....
Old 14.04.2012, 05:25 PM
All Pro

Took my young fella to the Smackdown show in Belfast last night and as someone who has no time for WWE i have to say it was a very enjoyable event.

Tags
fixed , ham-n-egger , kayfabe , know your damn role , not a sport , ring rat , smart mark , suck it!!!!!!