Week 7. Jets @ Patriots. Game day thread. - Page 14 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 25.10.2015, 10:46 PM
MVP

We needed to go after another RB in free agency but Ivory has been brilliant better than I thought he would be but its all on him.

Our defence is stronger than it has shown and it will get better. Which is refreshing as before season started I expected that they would be the only good aspect and in fact O has been a star.

We have some way to go before we can talk January but keeping up with the best Team in the NFL in their own back yard certainly is a nice place to be.
Old 26.10.2015, 01:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Wasn't really surprised, was expecting that to be tough, and I agree with wooley_man that the final score doesn't really reflect how close it was. Jets looked the better team for a lot of that, at least until the 4th quarter. Injuries throughout the game obviously hurt the Jets, though injuries before the game clearly hurt us too. Will be interesting to see the if both teams are fully fit for the return game.

Last edited by glenbrae; 26.10.2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 26.10.2015, 07:45 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
We have some way to go before we can talk January but keeping up with the best Team in the NFL in their own back yard certainly is a nice place to be.
When don't the Jets hang with the Pats - you were 1-6 last season when you visit Foxboro and you only lost 25-27 by having a last second FG blocked. Then you were 3-12 and we only beat you 17-16 in Metlife. It usually doesn't matter how bad or good your team is in recent games as you always find a way to make it tough for us. The previous 4 Pats-Jets reg season games have all been by 3 points or less. If ever I'm going to have a heart attack during a game it will be a Jets one.
Old 26.10.2015, 08:51 AM
All Pro

The Jets always play their best against the Patriots. Always a great watch and tough game. This Jets squad is a good football team. I strongly doubt we'll win the away leg!

Well played Jets. I'd wish you good luck for the rest of the season but it wouldn't be sincere
Old 26.10.2015, 10:04 AM
Starter

So many dropped passes! Think I counted 11 by the end? Seemed very unpatriot like to allow LaFell the opportunity to drop it 5 times! Would have thought he'd have been pulled before then.

Can't say I've ever noticed it before but some of the zoomed in camera angles sorta spoilt the viewing for me a little bit. I like the more standard view when you can actually see where everyone is and what the options are.

Anyway, great win against a good Jets team, the kind of win that you have to grind out if you want to be there or thereabouts come January.
Old 26.10.2015, 03:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonPatriot View Post
So many dropped passes! Think I counted 11 by the end? Seemed very unpatriot like to allow LaFell the opportunity to drop it 5 times! Would have thought he'd have been pulled before then.
9 drops in total last night according to the radio.
Who would you put in place of LaFell though? Dropson?
LaFell got some cobwebs to shake off. I fully expect Brady to go straight to him Thursday night to get his confidence up! Or at least I hope so! I think LaFell will come good given time! It does seem un-Belichik though to have kept him in there.

But he wasn't the only 1, Edelman had a few drops last night! Whether his finger is still affecting his catch ability? Who knows!

Brady was key last night I think, and his connection with players when he needed it. Shouting out last second calls for players like Gronk & Amendola to get free and them managing to do it for him just when we needed it.

I won't have my hopes up when we go to the Met Life in December! Either way that game goes I think the Jets are coming with us into the playoffs! Good game Jets!
Old 26.10.2015, 03:29 PM
MVP

The Jets looked as if they could have won this one. Certainly an impressive performance by them.
Old 26.10.2015, 03:48 PM
Starter

Quote:
We needed to go after another RB in free agency but Ivory has been brilliant better than I thought he would be but its all on him.

Our defence is stronger than it has shown and it will get better. Which is refreshing as before season started I expected that they would be the only good aspect and in fact O has been a star.

I mean you did pick up Zac Stacey and Stevan Ridley in the offseason to add to Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell, plus getting the odd run off Tommy Bohanon.

If you knew Chris Johnson could still run this well you could have kept him.
Old 28.10.2015, 04:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azthespaz View Post
I mean you did pick up Zac Stacey and Stevan Ridley in the offseason to add to Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell, plus getting the odd run off Tommy Bohanon.

If you knew Chris Johnson could still run this well you could have kept him.
With some of the names available in FA these two didn't really excite me and what they have done so far backs that up.

Yeah Johnson would have been a nice stop gap or any of the Vet RBs that moved about to go along with Powell and Ivory.
Old 28.10.2015, 04:26 PM
Starter

Quote:
With some of the names available in FA these two didn't really excite me and what they have done so far backs that up.

Yeah Johnson would have been a nice stop gap or any of the Vet RBs that moved about to go along with Powell and Ivory.
Granted DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews would be better. I don't think anyone expected much from Stacy as a 3rd string RB and Ridley hasn't been fit yet. If he does get there he is an explosive player. I do wish we kept him.