NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 965 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 04.08.2017, 08:06 AM
Starter

Default NFL Gamepass

Checked my credit card statement on line this morning and have been charged £105.99 as per the mail I got early July.
I can Air Play on to my TV using my Apple TV (I only have the 3rd gen box which won't update the app) from both my iPhone and iPad and picture quality is good so will have to Air Play from IPad during regular season so I can still use my phone during the games.
Old 04.08.2017, 08:37 AM
Rookie

Put the HOF game on this morning to see what the quality will be ( using the generous offer of 5 days grace for previous subscribers ) .
The good –
running on the work’s laptop via WIFI at 1.4 Mbps with no stutters and commentators in lip sync ok ( a problem watching it last year ). Roll back 10 seconds available and a bit rate indicator showing.
The bad –
adverts not cut out – “ NFL , We Will Return Shortly” for 2 minutes at a time between plays. This may be because it hasn’t been edited yet, I’ll be watching the full game tonight so I’ll find out if they have cut out the gaps by then.
Worryingly, the MAX BITRATE available is showing 300 Mbps which is NOT FULL HD there is also no way to increase the actual bitrate I'm running.

I’ll be checking this forum over the pre-season to see if the offering from gamepass is worth it before deciding my options.
Old 04.08.2017, 08:51 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeePee View Post
As expected the condensed version isn't up yet.
Last year, occasionally, the odd game was VERY late in being converted.
I expect it'll happen a lot this year.
Sigh.
I'm just hoping that this is a one off, because this really is killing it for me. I don't have the time to be watching each game in 3 hours but to download the condensed before work I can then watch it on my lunch hour.
Old 04.08.2017, 09:33 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azthespaz View Post
I'm just hoping that this is a one off, because this really is killing it for me. I don't have the time to be watching each game in 3 hours but to download the condensed before work I can then watch it on my lunch hour.
Exactly.
It doesn't seem like anyone is working on it at all though, let alone have people working round the clock to get the condensed versions out soon after the game as finished as has been a very essential part of the GamePass experience.
Feel sick about all this.
Old 04.08.2017, 10:00 AM
All Pro

Anyone know how to delete the downloaded games via the app?
Also anyone know if you can change the directory to download games to (SD card not Phone Storage)

Cheers
Old 04.08.2017, 10:05 AM
Rookie

Thumbs down What is this pile of crap....

Tried watching the hall of fame game this morning on my desktop, mobile and tablet the quality is absolutely terrible 1080p your having a Laugh here last season it was fine. this change of company has made a real mess of the situation and why has it taken until the start of preseason to get it up and running. why not start implementing this in May June then if there was problems they could have sorted it out......not happy at all had game pass since it started will not been renewing this season if the quality does not improve......coupled with Ryan Tannehill news not a good day......
Old 04.08.2017, 10:43 AM
Starter

so fired yet another message to the gamepass twitter account god knows if they will ever admit its not in 1080p but that hof game was barely 720P, come on NFLUK you not got a view on this or arnt you allowed to admit its a shambles.

wont be subbing any time soon was thinking maybe i would if the quality would get better but it seems they are still building the front end of the product and this seasons going to be a test for them. which is damned stupid when the player itself is over 2 years old in its current from.
Old 04.08.2017, 11:29 AM
Rookie

Always cast your phone to your TV
Old 04.08.2017, 11:53 AM
Rookie

Trust me to leave auto-renew on the one year I shouldn't have.
Old 04.08.2017, 12:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuZion View Post
Always cast your phone to your TV
Sometimes I wonder if the world has gone mad when this is now the preferred and logical option to watch the NFL...

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super