The amount of UK Patriots fans - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 07.09.2017, 09:23 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
There always seem to be plenty of Pittsburgh jerseys at the Int games, maybe the black stands out as does Bens name.
I forgot to add the buccs (holiday in Florida) and Green bay (history) as 2 more widely supported teams.

The Saints never really got many jump aboard their bandwagon and many have fallen off, but three 7-9 seasons on the trot would test even Patriots fans loyalty!

Can you imagine the evil empire ever having 3 consecutive losing seasons? What a delicious thought
The Colts is the one that always surprised me. Maybe it shouldn't. All of those years of Peyton Manning and making the playoffs virtually every season - only two absences between 1999 and 2014, but there are very few Colts fans. Definitely not in the top half of teams supported in the UK. I guess this could be down to (1) Indianapolis being an obscure place. True, but then Green Bay isn't exactly New York, nor is Pittsburgh for that matter. And (2) they didn't do much winning of Super Bowls for all those playoff appearances in the end. Just the one triumph, and another loss. Bandwagoners like winners, not close but no cigar-ers.

Presumably though Indianapolis are massive in India.
Old 08.09.2017, 05:48 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Glory supporters are a part of sport. No point moaning about it.

The Raiders thing isn't a glory thing, they have a rebel image especially from their LA days and people with no interest in the team wear the brand
That's very true, I know a few people locally who wear Raiders gear - yet they couldn't name a single player past or present.

The New England thing is what it is, yes some will be glory hunters, some will support them due to the 'England' part and others will support them because it's effectively their 'local' team regarding distance from the UK. However if people stick by the Patriots when they aren't getting to the playoffs every year - so be it.

I always followed the Raiders, from the early 90's, because my dad and uncle were raiders fans from the 80's - I got more into it around the Tuck game and the SB against the Bucs, but bizzarrely the bug grew and grew for me during the decade of absolute dross that followed . So I feel I deserve to enjoy a little time in the sun. Just praying for Derek Carr's fibula now
Old 08.09.2017, 07:28 AM
Starter

There's nothing I find more annoying than seeing people who have no idea about football wearing Raiders gear
Old 08.09.2017, 07:56 AM
All Pro

Patriots lost. I'm off the bandwagon!
Old 08.09.2017, 10:41 AM
All Pro

There are a lot of Irish NFL fans, so they make up a good portion.

And the whole boston thingy isn't really glory hunting.
Old 08.09.2017, 12:18 PM
Pro

I support them for a pretty random reason. I used to watch NFL in the 80's but about 10 years ago, I bough t a copy of Madden on a wim. I played with all different teams and liken the Pats best- Moss, Welker, Wilfork etc and that's why I settled on them. I like lots of teams though- Bucs, Texans, Vikings, Cardinals.... Like I say I just settled on one because it's what I do.

As for starting threads about it, get a life pal. Football is an escape, people are entitled to enjoy it as they see fit and there's no moral high ground to take.
Old 08.09.2017, 01:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
some will support them due to the 'England' part
I struggle to believe even a single person does that.
Old 08.09.2017, 02:02 PM
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobadoodle View Post
I support them for a pretty random reason. I used to watch NFL in the 80's but about 10 years ago, I bough t a copy of Madden on a wim. I played with all different teams and liken the Pats best- Moss, Welker, Wilfork etc and that's why I settled on them. I like lots of teams though- Bucs, Texans, Vikings, Cardinals.... Like I say I just settled on one because it's what I do.

As for starting threads about it, get a life pal. Football is an escape, people are entitled to enjoy it as they see fit and there's no moral high ground to take.
No need to get nasty mate, just expressing an opinion isn't that what forums are all about. I'm guessing your a Man United fan aswel because you bought a copy of FIFA and liked playing with them.
Old 08.09.2017, 02:06 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I struggle to believe even a single person does that.
I did pick them as my team due to that, and they were in the playoffs at the time (03-04 playoffs) and I was taping the highlights show. It made sense to 13 year old me.

I want to prove myself as a non-bandwagon fan as I will stick with this team throughout good and bad. It's not my fault that there hasn't been any (real) bad in the last 14 years

I have to assume that a lot of Bears/Cowboys/49ers/Dolphins/Raiders fans are also fans due to "bandwagons" from back when they were consistently among the top teams in the league. I don't hold it against them.
Old 08.09.2017, 02:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale01 View Post
No need to get nasty mate, just expressing an opinion isn't that what forums are all about. I'm guessing your a Man United fan aswel because you bought a copy of FIFA and liked playing with them.
For every person who picked the Pats from Madden there is one like me who picked the Jags, so it "could" be true