Just goes to show... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 29.12.2013, 09:01 PM
Rookie

Default Just goes to show...

Flacco might have a Superbowl MVP. But he aint a elite QB without weapons on offense and defense. Bet you guys still wish you had Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:11 PM
Pro

Flacco was poor. Cincy looked good, could go all the way.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathPatFan1978 View Post
Flacco was poor. Cincy looked good, could go all the way.
You never know they might do a Baltimore like last season.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73redandwhite View Post
Flacco might have a Superbowl MVP. But he aint a elite QB without weapons on offense and defense. Bet you guys still wish you had Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin.
Ray Lewis - No, you obviously know very little about football if you think he could've played at an elite level this year (plus our MLBs have been solid this year).

Boldin - In a cap-free league, yep, in the NFL, no not really. The guys we got with Boldin's cap were huge this year, take away Daryl Smith, Elvis Dumervill, James Ighedibo and Chris Canty and we would have been awful on both sides of the ball this year...

Get Monroe, Pitta and Smith resigned and a WR, RT and C through the draft/FA and we should be back challenging next year. You can't make it every year, got to give other teams a shot...

Edit: Oh also, get Juan Castillo away from that O-line and out of Baltimore, that was the biggest change of this season, he should never have been hired, destroyed a dominant O-line!!!

Last edited by Sneddon11; 29.12.2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:33 PM
Pro Bowler

This season was always going to end this way. Coming off a Superbowl winning season and loosing half the team was always going to have an impact on this year. Iv always been happy with Joe. I still am. Is he Elite.... No. But he is good enough to get the job done most of the time.
As for our personel loses the only one i was gutted about was Boldin. But there was no other option. Ray Lewis will always be my favourate Raven of all time. But he was in decline big time, Same as No.20. It was time for them to go. I just wished Reed would have gone out a Raven like Ray.

But im truely happy with the young guys coming up.

Good luck to the Bengals in the Playoffs.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:34 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneddon11 View Post
Ray Lewis - No, you obviously know very little about football if you think he could've played at an elite level this year (plus our MLBs have been solid this year).

Boldin - In a cap-free league, yep, in the NFL, no not really. The guys we got with Boldin's cap were huge this year, take away Daryl Smith, Elvis Dumervill, James Ighedibo and Chris Canty and we would have been awful on both sides of the ball this year...

Get Monroe, Pitta and Smith resigned and a WR, RT and C through the draft/FA and we should be back challenging next year. You can't make it every year, got to give other teams a shot...
Wonder if Ihedigbo will back next year. Elam probably needs to play at SS.
Old 29.12.2013, 09:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12XU View Post
Wonder if Ihedigbo will back next year. Elam probably needs to play at SS.
True, something I had overlooked. Did think we had Ihedigbo on a multi year contract but Elam is definitely better suited at SS. It's a good job we have such a talented FO, gonna need it this Offseason with a fair few holes to fill again this Offseason and not a lot of cap to do it...
Old 29.12.2013, 10:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73redandwhite View Post
Yawn.

1. I don't think many, if any, of the Ravens fans on here have ever said Joe Flacco is 'elite'.

2. If you think Joe Flacco is to blame for us missing the play-offs you obviously haven't been watching our games.

Last edited by Corvus corax; 30.12.2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 30.12.2013, 01:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Ray Lewis hasn't been the same player for years, and Daryl Smith played pretty well. Possibly well enough to play himself out of our price range.

As for Boldin, sure it'd have been nice to keep him, but he was never truly great for us. Had Pitta been healthy all season, I doubt we'd have missed him much. We do need a true No1 WR though as as much as I love Torrey Smith, he's still inconsistent and teams are able to take him out of a game without anyone on the opposite side, although Marlon Brown has been a bright spot as an UDFA.

Our O Line needs sorting too- Flacco was constantly under pressure and had pass rushers in his face within 2 seconds of most snaps, not helped by an archaic offensive system that called for long developing plays with WR's that can't get open.

You put any QB in Flacco's situation with poor WR's, poor OLine, poor running game, poor play calling and see how they do. Look at how Brady struggled this season until Gronk came back. Look how Matt Ryan did without Jones and White for much of the season.
Old 30.12.2013, 05:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
Ray Lewis hasn't been the same player for years, and Daryl Smith played pretty well. Possibly well enough to play himself out of our price range.

As for Boldin, sure it'd have been nice to keep him, but he was never truly great for us. Had Pitta been healthy all season, I doubt we'd have missed him much. We do need a true No1 WR though as as much as I love Torrey Smith, he's still inconsistent and teams are able to take him out of a game without anyone on the opposite side, although Marlon Brown has been a bright spot as an UDFA.

Our O Line needs sorting too- Flacco was constantly under pressure and had pass rushers in his face within 2 seconds of most snaps, not helped by an archaic offensive system that called for long developing plays with WR's that can't get open.

You put any QB in Flacco's situation with poor WR's, poor OLine, poor running game, poor play calling and see how they do. Look at how Brady struggled this season until Gronk came back. Look how Matt Ryan did without Jones and White for much of the season.
I think Smith is a true #1, getting better every year and he was always likely to have it tough with no supporting cast. I think Jacoby is on his way out, hopefully we can resign Pitta and bring in a legit #2 reciever. Think that'd set us up nicely at reciever, sort out the O-line and that's a good offence in my eyes.