An old team - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 19.01.2011, 09:59 PM
Starter

I've a Ravens blog here if anyone is interested

http://www.thestudentlink.net/index....ere?&Itemid=11

I think we're not in the bad position that everyone is claiming. Lewis and Reed are the main concerns but Lewis isn't retiring any time soon and I can't see Reed stopping either after the second half of the season that he had. I think we definately need to bring in younger options that can step in when those 2 eventually do call it a day.

I'd like us to put Oher at RT and have that position sorted out for the years to come and either put Gaither at LT or go out and get someone else. The problem for us and LT is that picking in the 20s most season there aren't that many top level tackles that fall that far.

I also really want us to keep McClain but I can't see that happening. I'd prefer him over McGahee to be honest. Another big blocking fullback ahead of McClain with the ball would be enough to gain the tough yards against the Steelers in particular. I don't think he'd want huge money to stay with the team but just a promise that he'll be given the ball more which I don't have a problem with at all.

Defensively, I would like to see us bring in another big DE if there's anyone there. The combination of Ngata, Cody and one other would be tough for any offensive line to deal with. Can't see Kindle playing much from the things that have been said so another OLB could be a focus for the draft. The DB's did alot better than anyone expected but I'd still like that position to be upgraded.

Biggest needs for me are OLB, CB, DE and a FB or LT if theres anyone available who is worth the value.
Old 20.01.2011, 08:52 AM
Pro

I think the O-Line, WR and CB are our biggest needs. As others have said most of oyur O-Line problems stem from having everyone playing out of position this year. We had a great O-Line in 2009 and if we can get Gaither back then I think we will be fine. The problem is he is Harbs infamous "doghouse" so we probably wont be attempting to re-sign him.

WR is my biggest worry. We have a bunch of guys getting paid decent money who's only apparent skill is *******g and moaning. Mason cant get separation anymore and Boldin and Houshmandzadeh cant make basic level catches when we need them to. Stallworth was a complete wasted roster spot this year as we only used him on reverses.

We also need a shut down corner. Asomugha is too pricey so that deal will never happen, so hopefully we need to draft one, but I cant remember the last time we drafted or signed a good CB so am not holding out too much hope.

Either way, if we go into next season with Cam and Flacco running the offense we are dead in the water. These guys are 1-12 in the last 3 years against Brady, Roethlisberger and P Manning and that's who we need to beat in the AFC, so until one of both of them are replaced by someone more competent it really doesnt matter how much tweaking we do in the other positions
Old 20.01.2011, 09:36 AM
Pro Bowler

The more i think about it the more im concerned with Gaither, I rate the guy alot but back problems in a Offencive Lineman is bad news. If we do re-sign him i hope its only for a year. alternatively the Draft class for O lineman may be the way forward, My obvious picks would be C/G Stefen Wisniewski from Penn State or if we really got lucky C/G Mike Pouncey from Florida. Im obviously assuming we re-sign Yanda cuz we would be stupid to let him go.

Oher....Grubbs....Birk....Pouncey.....Yanda

Now thats an O Line!