Congratulations - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 04.02.2013, 03:37 PM
All Pro

Default Congratulations

Just wanted to say congratulations on the win, well deserved.

See you in The dance next year for Harbowl II
Old 04.02.2013, 03:52 PM
MVP

Thanks man.

There's probably more chance of the 49ers making it back to the big dance next year than there is of us making it but last night's win more than compensates for that.

We did it.
Old 04.02.2013, 04:49 PM
All Pro

Enjoy, after so many close calls the last few years must be great to get over the hump.
Old 04.02.2013, 05:11 PM
All Pro

Cheers
You 9ers fans have been great, and I'll definitely support you guys to get back and hopefully Hawbowl II

I was welling up at the end, not sure I could have handled another heart-breaking loss
Old 04.02.2013, 08:42 PM
Starter

Congratulations to all Ravens fans, thoroughly well deserved. In my opinion if it was not for the power cut, the game would have been a total blowout. The break gave the 49ers a chance to gather themselves and make the game in to a really absorbing Superbowl.
Old 04.02.2013, 09:03 PM
MVP

Congrats Ravens, you did the AFC North proud
Old 06.02.2013, 11:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerspurs View Post
Congratulations to all Ravens fans, thoroughly well deserved. In my opinion if it was not for the power cut, the game would have been a total blowout. The break gave the 49ers a chance to gather themselves and make the game in to a really absorbing Superbowl.
Completely agree with that. With that sack by Art Jones on 2nd down the noise went through the roof in the stadium and the 9ers faced 3rd and long with a stadium that was bouncing. Huge momentum shifter!
Old 06.02.2013, 11:59 AM
MVP

Welcome back Galdo! I was beginning to think you'd stayed Stateside and headed for the big parade in Baltimore.
Old 06.02.2013, 01:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
Welcome back Galdo! I was beginning to think you'd stayed Stateside and headed for the big parade in Baltimore.
It actually crossed my mind as I nearly missed the flight back to Heathrow
Old 06.02.2013, 01:35 PM
All Pro

Yes, as much as it pains me to say it, congratulations are in order our AFC North compatriots (which is the kindest word I could think of to use!!)

But, well done, tip my hat to you on an excellent post-season run that culminated in the ultimate prize. I'm sure your all very proud, and deserve to be.

Unfortunately I've been banned for the last two weeks so was unable to engage in the SB coverage which is partly why I'm here congratulating, I have too much honor to think for one moment any of you would think I was avoiding the showdown! I enjoyed the pleasures of Mike Carlson on Twitter instead whilst watching on my tele and switching over each time Cecil Martin spoke...

A few things...

1) It was PI, refs don't get to deem what is "catchable" via the rules but I'm not sure even with a flag and repeat the 49ers would have ever got there. But I'm sure Ravens fans would even agree that Chris Simm's explanation is as good as Sheffield Wednesday fans thinking Chelsea class them bigger rivals than Barcelona.

2) Joe Flacco deserves a top-5 QB's paypacket but not to be the highest-paid QB in the league. It's taken him 5 years to get here and in that time the rest of his team, especially his D, has aged and now, like I see some of you have already stated, the team could face a decline. Had Flacco achieved this 2-3 years ago we could talk about it then, I'm also sure with the replacements you will be needing to make over the coming few years you are not convinced on giving up such a huge sum to Flacco, QB and leader or not.

3) Do you expect Ed Reed to resign after this year?

4) Will Jim Caldwell be named OC now? (I've always liked him and got told by a lot of Colts fans on these forums last year just before his sacking he'll never play a part in a SB victory again, as you can imagine I'm taking alittle pleasure in that now!)

5) Do you, like me, believe that the brothers in arms image the media have spend so much time trying to push ahead of both 'Harbowls' over the previous two seasons is, perhaps, not as friendly and clean-cut as they would have us believe? It is unquestionable that they love each other but watching the press conferences and the rivalry and conduct between their players on the field, and the aftermath of the game, you get the feeling that perhaps John leads the way and takes charge, and Jim holds back whilst with his removed nature and demenour with the press, I got the impression of a little, shall we say, resentment? John seemed to revel almost in the possibility of having to comfort his brother, whilst Jim seemed to avoid any questions on that subject. I'm not showing favour to either, we as Steelers fans had something sentimental to lose either way the game went, I just thought it was intriguing to watch from a psychological aspect. Maybe it was just the occasion, the game and what was at stake that dictated. Perhaps this was just an impossible situation to handle either way, especially given the national and international spotlight.