Eugene Monroe - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 10.10.2013, 12:15 PM
MVP

I'm looking forward to seeing Monroe in action after hearing the positive comments about him from Jags fans.

I just want to say how disappointed I am in Bryant McKinnie though. There's a guy who has a bunch of talent and it seems he is quite happy to waste it. Perhaps he feels that now he's got his Superbowl ring he doesn't have to put it in anymore. I feel that McKinnie was one of the key reasons we won the Superbowl last season. When he came back in at LT he was a rock and his presence allowed us to reorganise the rest of the O-line. Things took off from there. Flacco was getting better pass protection, the run game worked well and well...........the rest is history. McKinnie is a premier LT when he wants to be. Which makes it all the more annoying that his attitude and work rate seem to be poor.
Old 10.10.2013, 01:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Monroe in action after hearing the positive comments about him from Jags fans.

I just want to say how disappointed I am in Bryant McKinnie though. There's a guy who has a bunch of talent and it seems he is quite happy to waste it. Perhaps he feels that now he's got his Superbowl ring he doesn't have to put it in anymore. I feel that McKinnie was one of the key reasons we won the Superbowl last season. When he came back in at LT he was a rock and his presence allowed us to reorganise the rest of the O-line. Things took off from there. Flacco was getting better pass protection, the run game worked well and well...........the rest is history. McKinnie is a premier LT when he wants to be. Which makes it all the more annoying that his attitude and work rate seem to be poor.
I read a quote from someone the other day who said McKinnie was the 'best lazy player' he'd ever seen.

Seriously, if he'd put the effort in that his talent deserved, he could have been a hall of famer. Unfortunately when he was younger he could get away with laziness and not bothering to watch film based on his talent and athletism, but as he's got older he hasn't been able to do so.