2018 superbowl predictions poll - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 08.11.2017, 12:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
I'm taking a pessimistic view on the Pats this year. Everyone holds us in such high regard but we've been scraping wins all season.
Granted the AFC seems a lot weaker again this season but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose a close one in the playoffs!

If Patriots do make it to the Super Bowl I fully expect it to be a boring blow out (blow out games seem to happen every other Super Bowl anyway so we're due a blow out this year) with whichever NFC team it is dominating the Pats.

I'd like to see the Eagles take it, but if somehow the Seahawks drag them to Seattle then they'll lose there in the cold!
Spot the recent NFL fan. And a Patriots fan to boot! Super Bowls in the last decade or so have often been close. 42 through 47 were all close affairs really, with the pick six in SB 44 making the 14 point win look more one-sided than the game actually was (Colts led going into the start of Q4). SB 48 was the first real blowout since SB37 that the Bucs won.

Also, Philadelphia is almost always colder than Seattle is in winter. In fact, if I had to list all the outdoor NFL cities in terms of how cold they get, Seattle will be far closer to the bottom of the table than it will to the top. It is the NFL city with weather most similar to what we have here - relatively mild winters, most of the time.
Sponsored Links
Old 08.11.2017, 12:34 PM
All Pro

I think the AFC will be between the Steelers/Pats/Chiefs - and the Pats will be confident against the Steelers, but not the Chiefs, the Steelers will be confident against the Chiefs, but not the Pats, and the Chiefs will be confident against the Pats, but not the Steelers - so for me the seedings will be crucial in avoiding each other until the last possible moment (conference title game). Kind of think it will be in Heinz Field this year...

NFC wise - looks good for the Eagles at the moment, but I still fancy Dallas to challenge them for the East. I think the Rams will make it as division winners...and I fancy them to make the title game.

I'm going with - Steelers vs Rams super bowl
Old 08.11.2017, 02:18 PM
MVP

Patriots from the AFC and Eagles in the NFC. I still think the Cowboys can do it in the NFC if they have Elliott, but not without him. As things stand it looks like he will be missing games. Gotta say though that if the Saints can keep winning and the Eagles slip up (gotta play the Cowboys twice), I wouldn't fancy going to the Superdome in the playoffs! It is not inconceivable that we get 3 different unfancied NFC South Super Bowl teams in a row.

I think in the AFC I just trust the Patriots more to keep winning than I do the other two teams. The Steelers haven't had a first round bye for 7 years, which tells you that normally they end up dropping enough games to make life hard for themselves. Take last year, they arrived in Foxboro after a home playoff game against the Dolphins and a hard-fought road win at Arrowhead, whereas the Patriots had had a week off and a home game against the Texans. It's hard when you give a team like the Patriots that kind of head start. The only team I haven't fancied the Patriots against has been Denver in Denver, and the Ravens are a team who can often do a job on teams home or away... but little chance of either scenario this year.
Old 09.11.2017, 11:29 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Wait, you started a thread and then logged in as your two alter-egos to post different opinions? How did you decide which opinion to give to Carl Errol and which opinion to give to Pinkpanda?

I guess it's one way to generate a debate....
i think Goldpanda conducted a draw and those were the outcomes that surfaced
Old 09.11.2017, 12:34 PM
Starter

AFC is a Three horse race Pats / Steelers / Chiefs, as much as I have a feeling for the Jags as there schedule to the end of the season is looking favourable, i think the lack of playoff experience may leave them coming up short.

NFC is a bit wider open for me, the Eagles have been ballin so far but have some tough matches to come, Cowboys x2 , @Rams and @Seahawks where the wheels could come off

I’m going to stick my neck out and go

Chiefs v Saints

(Feel free to point and laugh at me about how wrong i am )
Old 14.11.2017, 02:05 PM
Rookie

From the NFC think it is between the Saints and the Eagles. Cannot see past the Pats in the AFC.
Old 14.11.2017, 02:59 PM
Rookie

For the Superbowl, I am going with the Steelers vs the Patriots!

Last edited by freez3; 14.11.2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 14.11.2017, 03:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auld Reekie 9er View Post
From the NFC think it is between the Saints and the Eagles. Cannot see past the Pats in the AFC.
the NFC is way to hard to call.The Eagle's have looked great so far this year but the Saints/Panthers are both looking better each week and the Vikings are winning almost regardless of who is under center.

still see the Seahawks winning the West but they need homefield an with that offensive line a lot of luck to end up in the championship game.

going with a Vikings/Panthers championship game.

in the AFC the Steelers are winning but its hard to know if they are great or just playing a good schedule.the Patriots/Steelers week 15 game could decide some seeding as the Steelers really need the #1 to have any hope of making the championship game.

going with the Patriots/Steelers championship game like most.
Old 14.11.2017, 06:34 PM
MVP

New England v New Orleans

Nobody is stopping the Patriots. The Steelers are too jekyll and hyde and the Chiefs just never get it done when it comes to the crunch.

The Rams are a nice cinderella story but they'll come unstuck eventually. Might be a year too soon for Philadelphia. Seattle are NOT reaching the Superbowl. The Saints are rolling without even using their most talented player all that much. So they have room to get even better than they already look.
Old 14.11.2017, 08:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
New England v New Orleans

Nobody is stopping the Patriots. The Steelers are too jekyll and hyde and the Chiefs just never get it done when it comes to the crunch.

The Rams are a nice cinderella story but they'll come unstuck eventually. Might be a year too soon for Philadelphia. Seattle are NOT reaching the Superbowl. The Saints are rolling without even using their most talented player all that much. So they have room to get even better than they already look.
the Saints offence does look very balanced but there defence is still something of a question mark.during there 7 game win streak they have 5 wins against the Bills/Dolphins/Bears/Packers/Bucs so they are seeing a lot of average/rookie/back up QB's.

Tags
2018 , matchups , nfl , superbowl