Hannah Wilkes - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 21.01.2019, 05:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Hannah Wilkes

Thought I'd start an appreciation thread for her. Seems to know her stuff and a nice change to the studio presenters, they should cut to her more often as the points raised by the viewers are often provide more topic for debate then the usual chit chat of the studio.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.01.2019, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

The woman who reads out Tweets? Personally, I think that segment is a colossal waste of time, and most of the questions they read out are cringeworthy.
Old 23.01.2019, 11:44 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The woman who reads out Tweets? Personally, I think that segment is a colossal waste of time, and most of the questions they read out are cringeworthy.

indeed, nothing against her she isnt awful like Neil but its one of those we're hip we use social media bits and 99% of it is dreadful content.
Old 24.01.2019, 04:27 PM
Pro Bowler

I think part of the problem with the segment she does is there is a short amount of time between timeouts and probably not enough time to read out the more complex/interesting questions as the panel probably only have a few seconds each to comment. Perhaps more in-game tweets rather than generic questions would improve things.

Can see her replacing Neil in a few years.
Old 26.01.2019, 04:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuhaide View Post
I think part of the problem with the segment she does is there is a short amount of time between timeouts and probably not enough time to read out the more complex/interesting questions as the panel probably only have a few seconds each to comment. Perhaps more in-game tweets rather than generic questions would improve things.

Get rid of the reading tweets section, this is a massive waste of time trying to sift out the decent tweets among the flotsam of sub-legible dross that the poor Sky Sports moderators have to deal with. That'll mean more analysis time, and more Neil Reynolds time... oh no, wait, that's a bad thing. I haven't thought this through, have I?

Oh, and by the way - Hannah who??
Old 26.01.2019, 06:30 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuhaide View Post

she can replace Neil now.

which means its a pointless segment or they need to find actual one questions and focus on 1 rather than the dull ones or shout out style ones.
Old 11.03.2019, 11:45 AM
Team Captain

No problem with Hannah, but this segment is awful.

Sky have been obsessed this past season with roping in more and more people in addition to their studio representation. We get "Around the NFL" with journalists of varying competence, we get a couple of guys on Skype from what looks like their bedrooms, and now we have the great unwashed asking the studio team to predict the future or comment on the blatantly obvious.

No-one asks any searching questions, like why have Sky got the man who coached an abysmal defense (New Orleans 2015) to comment on other NFL defenses. What next? Joey Harrington on identifying a great QB? Ryan Leaf on an analysis of the draft?