Raiders select Amari Cooper - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 01.05.2015, 06:15 AM
Team Captain

Default Raiders select Amari Cooper

This is a good safe bet; but Leonard Williams was available; if it was me choosing the players; I would have taken Williams....
Sponsored Links
Old 01.05.2015, 09:25 AM
Pro

I am gonna have to say no to Wiliams, sure he was the best player, but we have aQB with a bright future, giving him a WR who will develop pretty much as Carr does, as they are similar age, and will grow along side eachother.

After 2004 and 2007 where we passsed on Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson... Im glad we went a little agressive and went offense.

Sure Williams would of been a good pick, but I think in this case and what we have, Cooper just edges it... Hope you do get some defensive players in the next round though...

Oh and there is this...

Amari Cooper.. Derek Carr.... AC/DC baby!!
Old 01.05.2015, 10:01 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
This is a good safe bet; but Leonard Williams was available; if it was me choosing the players; I would have taken Williams....
I was surprised myself until the rumours questioning the strength of his shoulder came out...

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/s...40039240790016

If the Raiders had any doubts best not risk it at the 4th pick. Regardless Cooper looks like a fine player. I'm hoping for similar reports to what was said about Denarius Moore at OTA and training camp the year he came out. Le Smooth. Obviously without the dropoff in subsequent years!
Old 03.05.2015, 07:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Cooper looks like a good pick, I like the look of Clive Walford at TE as well.

Oh and i'd missed the AC/DC line, hopefully we'll get to hear a lot of it when the season starts.
Old 05.05.2015, 06:25 AM
Team Captain

Well did not know about William minor injurie; so I can see how he went down the board a bit...

Cooper was the safe bet
Old 05.05.2015, 08:35 PM
All Pro

A mixed bag for me. I was a little surprised that they passed on Leonard Williams, but certainly not complaining about Cooper, who will provide an immediate impact on offence. Not convinced about Mario Edwards, who could be more of a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, when we needed an upgrade at DE and possibly better options were still on the board (Nate Orchard, Preston Smith).
Happy with Walford, another weapon for Carr who can block and catch well. Feliciano is all about the versatility having the ability to pay all positions on the line who can be the backup C if he can't nail down the RG spot. Heeney won't crack the starting lineup just yet but can be a good special teams guy, and I have to admit not knowing anything about the other guys.