Madden 13 - General Thoughts - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Computer Games

Sponsored Links

Old 04.09.2012, 05:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish49ers View Post
Just tell me 1 thing are opposing players still able to run backward 10-15 yrds yet still throw 30yrd rocket spirals on the money?drives me crazy online that!
It's much harder to throw on the run, not saying it wont happen but it should be much less successful
Sponsored Links
Old 04.09.2012, 05:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
It's much harder to throw on the run, not saying it wont happen but it should be much less successful
there hope then!cheers for quick reply!
Old 04.09.2012, 09:10 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stueyh111 View Post
I'm still updecided on it. I could go on for ages about it but a quick summary for me.

Gameplay

I like what the infinity engine has done to the running game. I used to hate running, found it really boring. Now it feels like anything can happen. Same with passing, but to a lesser extent.

Is this infinity engine all it's cracked up to be? No way! The game looks worse than last year in my opinion and the best I've heard some of the hits described is the players look like the guy of the Mr Soft advert!! Very True!

Passing is different, can't make my mind up whether it's better or worse yet. You certainly have to be more careful. DB's don't drop many these days (unless you play with the Bucs).

Connected Careers

I see what they've tried to do with this, but I'm kinda with the guy above. I liked signing players, picking my team and playing a game. The XP on the players I think is a good idea. The more you play them, the more they earn. Bravo! Good idea.

The coaches XP points though. I'm not a big fan of them. I've been crying out for being able to practice as your team in Online Franchise. They finally do it, but they ruin it by making it scenario based (which get very boring very quickly). I just want to be able to run a few plays in a practice arena with my online team. Is that so hard?

Instead I have to do scenario's that gain me XP points as a coach which go on pointless boost packages. Not something I'm keen on.

Then you get into the detail, like the scheme's. Players need to fit your scheme. Well that's fine. I understand that. But it almost renders the attributes useless. I used to enjoy seeing who had good attributes that weren't necesarilly represented in their overall. Now it seems the focus is getting someone with the relevant scheme experience to your team (and good luck ifyou want to change your scheme without dropping your team overall).

It's summed up by the Free Agents screen not even allowing you access to the players individual attributes. That is really poor!

Put all that in with the bugs that have been found so far, I'm not overly impressed.

I'll play it, becuase I love playing American Football games, but do I think it;s really any better than Madden 12? No not really. Different, not better though.

Hah too right. In my first game I threw 7 interceptions!
Old 05.09.2012, 04:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluebolland View Post
Hah too right. In my first game I threw 7 interceptions!
In my first 3/4 games in franchise Josh Freeman had more thrown INT's than TD's

I've now gone with the Cowboys and good ol' Tony Romo is good for atleast 1 INT per game
Old 05.09.2012, 04:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireBucs View Post
In my first 3/4 games in franchise Josh Freeman had more thrown INT's than TD's

I've now gone with the Cowboys and good ol' Tony Romo is good for atleast 1 INT per game
So its realistic then
Old 05.09.2012, 06:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
So its realistic then
Very, the Browns started 0-4
Old 05.09.2012, 08:21 PM
Starter

Opening weekend Roster Update is now out, just a heads up
Old 05.09.2012, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetz View Post
Opening weekend Roster Update is now out, just a heads up
Cool... thanks.
Old 06.09.2012, 09:54 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireBucs View Post
Very, the Browns started 0-4
Bills went 11-0 in mine hahahah
Old 06.09.2012, 11:32 AM
All Pro

Wasnt too keen on the game at first but im growing to like it. Once you accept each year they hype up something which is barely changed at all it doesnt bother you so much.

While there is some great tackling animations, the amount of post play trips, falls and guys stuck with legs wrapped around one another kind of kills the whole 'realism' affect. They've created a more obvious issue in correcting a fairly small one.

Tags
draft , franchise , madden , ps3 , xbox