Week 2. Arizona Cardinals @ New York Giants - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 14.09.2014, 08:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
its a shame that we cant be so bad that we get 2 first round picks because of it (well we need at least 12 but hey lol)

at least he can try and run away from the leaks the OL lets through.
If we were to cut Manning and draft Mariotta i think it would save us about $17m in cap. Surely that could be used in free agency to address some of the issues.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.09.2014, 08:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Wow, it is depressing to be talking about the draft after Week 2
Old 14.09.2014, 08:38 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantMackem View Post
If we were to cut Manning and draft Mariotta i think it would save us about $17m in cap. Surely that could be used in free agency to address some of the issues.
not sure on giving up on Eli, it depends whose spending that cash.

Quote:
Wow, it is depressing to be talking about the draft after Week 2
might as well gives us something to be hopeful about.
Old 14.09.2014, 08:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
However Cards have won ugly yes. But playing like that they'll drop all 4 games vs 49ers and Seahawks
Agreed, however id like to anticipate us being much better at some stage with Palmer, a 100% Ellington, Rucker and Matthieu back
Old 14.09.2014, 09:25 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
A hideous game of football. Well done officials. What a shambles. I needn't have watched any plays as you couldn't get excited as you were constantly on edge waiting for a flag.

We dodged a bullet, but to be far, backup QB, defence missing lots of starters and backups, east coast road game on a short week, any win is a very good one.

As I say, the officials ruined it. The Giants probably got the worst of the calls, but I think the effect of those calls had a more negative effect on the Cardinals. Our only way to play D with no natural pass rush is to send 5 or 6 a lot of the time whilst playing aggressive physical man coverage behind that. With these flags flying everywhere we simply could not afford to play the type of coverage, which meant we couldn't blitz, which meant zero pressure, which meant easy completions underneath and over the middle for Manning.

Ellington looked good, but I still worry about the run game inconsistent nature. its 2 rushes for 1 yards, then 1 rush for 15.

Stanton did a great job, the timing was off a good few times, but the key for him was to not turn the ball over, he didn't, good job. I feel had Palmer been playing, this game would have been comfortable.

Powers had an absolute stinker, he was horrific throughout. We need Mathieu on the field more soon!

Well done Catanzaro, a refreshing change from Feely.

Going forward, the lack of any pass rushers is a huge huge huge concern. If we have to send 5,6, or 7 to get any sort of pressure on a QB, guys like Peyton will just shred us.
tbh our DBs also like to play a bit like that, they also like to do that then let the guy run off into open space

your pass rush was still enough to cause our OL some issues.

i also agree with you if you had Palmer it would of probably been a blowout.
Old 14.09.2014, 09:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
tbh our DBs also like to play a bit like that, they also like to do that then let the guy run off into open space

your pass rush was still enough to cause our OL some issues.

i also agree with you if you had Palmer it would of probably been a blowout.
At least you have a JPP, and even though he faded, had a great start to the game.

We had zero pass rush, nobody out there won one on one at any point. Even when we sent 6, we still struggled to hurry Manning. Was our first sack the one right near the end? I think so, and we had none against the Chargers. Its going to be an issue for us if these flags keep flying in the defensive backfield, as we simply won't be able to be as exotic as we need to be with our blitz packages.

I thought your coverage held up quite well today.That was certainly the best game I have ever seen Rodgers-Cromatrie have anyway.