Old 28.02.2013, 01:28 AM
All Pro

Think you guys are taking Barkley.
Old 28.02.2013, 08:47 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
Think you guys are taking Barkley.
I cant take 2 years in a row where the Cards take the worst possible option in round 1. I think I will have a stroke if they take him.
Old 28.02.2013, 05:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
I cant take 2 years in a row where the Cards take the worst possible option in round 1. I think I will have a stroke if they take him.
LOL its not that bad, it certainly wouldn't as bad as pick as Floyd was
Old 02.03.2013, 02:31 AM
All Pro

Yeah, know how you guys feel, we took Crabtree in the first and while he's now coming good, I never felt good about it. Taking WRs earlier is rarely a good thing.
Old 04.03.2013, 05:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
LOL its not that bad, it certainly wouldn't as bad as pick as Floyd was
I dont even think Floyd was a bad pick talent wise. He made some good plays for us last year in very difficult circumstances. Its hard to judge his true value until we can get him the ball regularly. I believe he will turn out to be a very valuable piece in our puzzle.

What I will say, the pick based on need made very little sense. As NS has often said, DeCastro should have been taken based on quality and need.

Id say picking Barkley at 7 is worse. He has won at USC I will give him that (not as much as they should with the talent they supposedly had), but very little of it has been on the back of his arm, its the skill players around him. He has done his job, but his job has often been the easy first read short pass and let the other guy pick up the yards.

Barkley has shown me nothing to suggest he is a first round QB, or a starting NFL QB, not just last year, but throughout his college career.
Old 05.03.2013, 08:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
I dont even think Floyd was a bad pick talent wise. He made some good plays for us last year in very difficult circumstances. Its hard to judge his true value until we can get him the ball regularly. I believe he will turn out to be a very valuable piece in our puzzle.

What I will say, the pick based on need made very little sense. As NS has often said, DeCastro should have been taken based on quality and need.

Id say picking Barkley at 7 is worse. He has won at USC I will give him that (not as much as they should with the talent they supposedly had), but very little of it has been on the back of his arm, its the skill players around him. He has done his job, but his job has often been the easy first read short pass and let the other guy pick up the yards.

Barkley has shown me nothing to suggest he is a first round QB, or a starting NFL QB, not just last year, but throughout his college career.
meh... we have to agree to disagree about Floyd you can count his 'good' catches on one hand he certainly didnt show enough even with crap QB play, for me to think he wasnt our best option last year. We could have got the same out of the roster we had, and could have improved other areas more. but thats not saying he cant or wont come good just that we could have had more impact with that pick.
As for Barkley I tend to agree with you. Im not arguing for him just trying to avoid suicide watch on Northern Sole