2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 102 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 03.04.2019, 02:34 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I'd thought Dawkins was being billed as a promising LT, but maybe that was a product of the options/performances the Bills had last year.

Like you say, if Dawkins does kick inside, and Morse stays healthy, adding a LT at 9 could transform a weakness into a strength.
Dawkins really suffered with the loss of Incognito last year. He was still "ok" but didn't kick on from his promising rookie year.

The losses of Incognito and Eric Wood were not expected and it set the OL back big time. Bills just didn't have enough time to react nor did they deal with it very well.

Still no guarantees the additions will become a strong unit but at this moment I can't complain about what they've done.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:07 PM
All Pro

They tried Dawkins at Guard. He was terrible.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
or what?
or he goes into the 2020 off-season with either the Seahawks having to tag him at over $30m or they let him test free agency(not happening).

whatever contract he eventually gets he is looking at around $100m fully guaranteed and getting more than Rodgers/Ryan.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:40 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
or he goes into the 2020 off-season with either the Seahawks having to tag him at over $30m or they let him test free agency(not happening).

whatever contract he eventually gets he is looking at around $100m fully guaranteed and getting more than Rodgers/Ryan.

so the or what is nothing then, he will play this season.

at least a decent threat would be or i hold out until the 1st game.

not quite as far as trade me but at least some weight to it, unlike or tag me next year.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post

It's something teams just have to put up with. QB contracts show no signs of slowing down.

If you take Aaron Rodgers $33.5m/year average and put it against the cap ($188m) it equates to almost 18% of the total cap. So even though the cap has gone up, so have the QB contracts. I remember reading something a while back where QB contracts, the top ones, accounted for about 15% or 16% of a teams cap space.

Obviously, as has been pointed out numerous times before, its about the guarantees not the total base salary number, but QB's have more leverage than ever. To some people they've always been under paid anyway.
Old 03.04.2019, 05:55 PM
All Pro

If the leaked images are correct of the new Jets uniforms, we now have a contender for worst uniform in history
Old 03.04.2019, 06:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
If the leaked images are correct of the new Jets uniforms, we now have a contender for worst uniform in history
Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

If they are real, they are just quite basic. Guessing the shoulder stripe is derived from the 'Jets' logo.

Tbh, I'm not sure what you can do with an NFL uniform to really make them stand out from the crowd.
Old 03.04.2019, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Depressing how much attention has been focused on the Jets’ new uniforms. I mean, who honestly cares? I know I don’t...
Old 03.04.2019, 07:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
so the or what is nothing then, he will play this season.

at least a decent threat would be or i hold out until the 1st game.

not quite as far as trade me but at least some weight to it, unlike or tag me next year.
but the worse scenario for the Seahawks is having Frank Clark and Wilson as free agents in 2020 and only 1 exclusive tag to use.

also next off-season we could see Goff/Wentz/Prescott/Mahomes all been extended which will push the whole QB market up even more.
Old 03.04.2019, 07:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
It's something teams just have to put up with. QB contracts show no signs of slowing down.

If you take Aaron Rodgers $33.5m/year average and put it against the cap ($188m) it equates to almost 18% of the total cap. So even though the cap has gone up, so have the QB contracts. I remember reading something a while back where QB contracts, the top ones, accounted for about 15% or 16% of a teams cap space.

Obviously, as has been pointed out numerous times before, its about the guarantees not the total base salary number, but QB's have more leverage than ever. To some people they've always been under paid anyway.
with Wilson his 2 years of the tag would total over $65m so that starts to set the bench mark for what he and his agent could start commanding.

if he does he free agency he is still in his early 30's so there would be a decent market and we saw what Cousins was able to get and Wilson is a much better QB.