Religion - Good or Bad? - Page 880 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 27.11.2014, 12:58 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
As noted Csonk I can't say I agree with all your views and your beliefs, but you alone have the power to cause this thread to die a happy death.
But where will it go if it dies?
Old 27.11.2014, 12:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
Yeah, but he'll just come back three days later. (sorry, I couldn't resist).
Bravo. See now *that* was genuinely funny
Old 27.11.2014, 01:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
But where will it go if it dies?
Nah Smog's was better
Old 27.11.2014, 01:05 PM
GOAT

Quote:
I had about 6 or 7 lines written, saw your condescending line above and thought it really wasn't worth finishing.

The drive was roughly is if you think Christians are roughly the same in their attitudes to most of people in life then you are purposely ignoring almost everything.

Yes they don't agree with you on a number of things morally, but that's not what I said.
how was that condescending?
i honestly thing you are misreading it, this is a long running debate that goes back a long time between to posters.

when i said we're all about the same that was based off your saying there nicer, which would be going by the people i've met.

tbh i'm not sure about the last tone.

and again what sort of debate would you like in a thread with this title?
Old 27.11.2014, 01:05 PM
MVP

Quote:
Bravo. See now *that* was genuinely funny
Thank you, kind sir.
Old 27.11.2014, 01:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
how was that condescending?
i honestly thing you are misreading it, this is a long running debate that goes back a long time between to posters.

when i said we're all about the same that was based off your saying there nicer, which would be going by the people i've met.

tbh i'm not sure about the last tone.

and again what sort of debate would you like in a thread with this title?
I quite definitely haven't misunderstood it. Been reading and replying at times for best part of two years, I suspect I've got a handle on it now.

I wouldn't expect anything else on a thread like this no, belittling and condescension are par for the course on the topic of religion.

As for people being nicer or not, I think you are quite decided on the topic at hand, quite ironic considering many of the accusations laid at Christians on here is their closed mind...
Old 27.11.2014, 01:23 PM
GOAT

Quote:
I quite definitely haven't misunderstood it. Been reading and replying at times for best part of two years, I suspect I've got a handle on it now.

I wouldn't expect anything else on a thread like this no, belittling and condescension are par for the course on the topic of religion.

As for people being nicer or not, I think you are quite decided on the topic at hand, quite ironic considering many of the accusations laid at Christians on here is their closed mind...
well you have been reading my posts wrong for a while then.

or just debating certain aspects. do you think taking away peoples rights is a good thing? because thats my main point, the other things are there to be poked at as a foundation that has flaws.

there is humour to be had within religion and i dont see anything wrong with that.

i'm quite decided, when my stated opinion is that it makes no difference to whether someone is nice or not. how is that closed minded?
not all christians hold the same beliefs for one thing.
if i said anyone who believe is god is an awful person, that would be closed. plus you are the one stating a preference for one side being better people.

tbh i how found your posts in this thread to be the most belittling/condescending of the entire thread.
Old 27.11.2014, 01:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
well you have been reading my posts wrong for a while then.

or just debating certain aspects. do you think taking away peoples rights is a good thing? because thats my main point, the other things are there to be poked at as a foundation that has flaws.

there is humour to be had within religion and i dont see anything wrong with that.

i'm quite decided, when my stated opinion is that it makes no difference to whether someone is nice or not. how is that closed minded?
not all christians hold the same beliefs for one thing.
if i said anyone who believe is god is an awful person, that would be closed. plus you are the one stating a preference for one side being better people.

tbh i how found your posts in this thread to be the most belittling/condescending of the entire thread.
No again your points are quite clear, quite hard to read them wrong.

And if you find people not automatically agreeing that Christians should be mocked belittling/condescending then that's your prerogative but it does feel a shame.
Old 27.11.2014, 01:39 PM
GOAT

Quote:
No again your points are quite clear, quite hard to read them wrong.

And if you find people not automatically agreeing that Christians should be mocked belittling/condescending then that's your prerogative but it does feel a shame.
well again there my posts, so i know the intent behind them, i also try to use smilies to convey some context.

maybe an easier way to put it to you is to say it without the god aspect.
if someone was anti gay/anti gay marriage and anti abortion then i would debate them on the reasons they feel that way.

the problem here (as in this discussion with csonka given the position he takes) is that 99% of the time the answer comes back to god. so if some one is getting nearly all there opinions from one source then thats where the debate goes, the same if someone was using the Daily Mail or Fox News.

theres nothing automatic involved since there are many variations involved.

while not feeling the need to mock individuals, kinda messing with a bit of the point, do you not find any humour in religion?
is religion some perfect thing without any holes?

also its because the thread it is but most things that exist can be mocked, its not like i'm saying only religion should be a target.
Old 27.11.2014, 01:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
well again there my posts, so i know the intent behind them, i also try to use smilies to convey some context.

maybe an easier way to put it to you is to say it without the god aspect.
if someone was anti gay/anti gay marriage and anti abortion then i would debate them on the reasons they feel that way.

the problem here (as in this discussion with csonka given the position he takes) is that 99% of the time the answer comes back to god. so if some one is getting nearly all there opinions from one source then thats where the debate goes, the same if someone was using the Daily Mail or Fox News.

theres nothing automatic involved since there are many variations involved.

while not feeling the need to mock individuals, kinda messing with a bit of the point, do you not find any humour in religion?
is religion some perfect thing without any holes?

also its because the thread it is but most things that exist can be mocked, its not like i'm saying only religion should be a target.
I may have at points come across wrong. I'm not automatically saying you have malice.

I'm just acutely aware that most stories have two sides.

I'd love to know how many people read this thread and are not either brave enough (Csonka) or daft enough (me ) to try to rock the agreed answer.

And yes most religions do have humour and sometimes quite self-depricating (some notable exceptions, Christianity is not one though)

Tags
dinosaurs , help me jebus!!! , stupid flanders! , the magic roundabout , we're all going to hell