Religion - Good or Bad? - Page 930 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #9291  
Old 15.02.2015, 01:49 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
I thought it was Harold.
I take it you are related to Mr. Cloth-Ears?
Reply With Quote
  #9292  
Old 15.02.2015, 02:06 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
I take it you are related to Mr. Cloth-Ears?
Pardon?
Reply With Quote
  #9293  
Old 15.02.2015, 10:10 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
You are missing the point... God has not tainted you with sin.. if you wish to know why you have sin.. read the bible.. if you wish to know why God committed 'horrific' acts read the bible.. my need to follow and worship someone capable of such acts is because he is the creator.. he is the one in charge and the one we have to answer to .. he died for me so I can be reunited in peace with him..I follow him because he first loved us and while we were sinners Christ died for us.. I am fulfilling my created purpose by following him.. this is why I need him..

You are welcome to refuse to spend an eternity of peace with God in his kingdom but the alternative is to spend it in torment where (most likely) Hitler and Stalin truly are. and these apparently are the folks you want to avoid.. smart..
No point missed, in your view someone just up and decided that all humanity is sinful regardless and has judged us on this

I am interested though in how you can follow him with such vigor, to the point you will fully follow and believe without question when im assuming you used to have the same full belief and commitment in Satan, by this i mean your posts on here and other threads for me suggest you are a man of principle who doesnt throw himself into something lightly so i dont really believe you would have followed Satan on a whim so top speak

So based on this i am intrigued as to how you no doubt now will dismiss Satan and all he stands for and im assuming dismiss everything as nonsense ?? You see to me even though you now love God etc if you considered your views logically, as in your views throughout your life not just now, then logically some of your beliefs now surely struggle to stand up given your previous knowledge or beliefs

As for Eternity well Surely Hitler will probably be with your fellow believers, i mean he was one of your lot and if he truly repented and acknowledged he had done wrong then surely he will be in heaven, i mean granted it may be awkward one day sitting down breaking bread with him given your views on the middle east but im sure you can both work it out
Reply With Quote
  #9294  
Old 15.02.2015, 10:23 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
So on one hand you want to say mankind has developed morality over time but on the other if God exists then he is a tyrant for allowing or indeed even in some cases taking part in what you deem 'horrific' actions down through the ages.. I guess if God does not exist then we are truly horrific ourselves aren't we Lee as we would then have no one to 'pass the buck too' except ourselves..

I don't think you can have it both ways... God used a righteous (if not difficult position for us to grasp) judgment as the creator to deal out a cleansing on more than one occasion.. God is long suffering.. but man.. boy we are just full of pride, anger, hate, jealousy, denial... we use what ever we can in order to justify our need to power and rule and then blame God while ignoring our own failings... all the time unwittingly bowing to satans workmanship just as they did in the garden... and the war goes on..... but God will bring it all to a final end one day.. in the mean time he wants as many as will listen or seek him to find him .. through faith he wants us to come to repentance so we can avoid being separated from him for ever once the door of the ark of his final judgment is felt .. revelation tells of what is to come.. scary book.. but Jesus wants to save you.. people have only to accept and ask..
Well of course we are horrific, our past history surely suggests nothing else, sure we have good points but we also have very bad points to, all part of evolution as i said before

As i have said before im actually happy that revelation exists because its one of the main factors in proving that even the most righteous believer like yourself will never have true 100% un-denied faith because like everyone else you will need a massive sign or show of hand by God to prove he does exist or otherwise the book would not have to inform you that it will be so spectacular and with such fanfare because in reality like the rest of us you wont truly believe either until you see it with your own eyes etc

Now i fully understand you will respond with some show of faith or some bible quote to prove me wrong but what im about to say to you on her you cannot state has never happened

Is it not concealable that God has sent down several sons, all quietly with the sole purpose of saving the world by just announcing they are who they are and they have all been dismissed/locked up because they dont have that fanfare
Reply With Quote
  #9295  
Old 16.02.2015, 08:28 AM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
[leebladedawg;2160571]No point missed, in your view someone just up and decided that all humanity is sinful regardless and has judged us on this
Not someone.. the creator and the one who gets the right to say from that position what is right, wrong, acceptable and not.


Quote:
I am interested though in how you can follow him with such vigor, to the point you will fully follow and believe without question when im assuming you used to have the same full belief and commitment in Satan, by this I mean your posts on here and other threads for me suggest you are a man of principle who doesn't throw himself into something lightly so I don't really believe you would have followed Satan on a whim so to speak
Thank you for the man of principle comment, appreciated.


Quote:
So based on this I am intrigued as to how you no doubt now will dismiss Satan and all he stands for and im assuming dismiss everything as nonsense ?? You see to me even though you now love God etc. if you considered your views logically, as in your views throughout your life not just now, then logically some of your beliefs now surely struggle to stand up given your previous knowledge or beliefs.
The difference is from my Satanic past compared to my biblical present is simply night and day. While living under the 'rule' of Satan, I was never happy, never satisfied within myself.. always searching for something.. lacking a true sense of purpose or meaning... blindly accepting Satan while dismissing God.. here is a truth for you.. I once was going to 'sell my soul' to Satan performing a 'fake baptism' I wont go into the details of the ritual but as an occultist as I was I was looking for power.. it is a long story but during a ritual I called on a spirit for power..in order to harm a guy I knew who was a Christian.. long story but this spirit told me that this guy had Gods protection and I needed to sell myself to Satan in order to gain power to harm this guy.. it was here that I thought finally.. ok God does exist.. this spirit just admitted it to me.. but still I was going to go ahead with the ritual... I was awake and waiting for dawn and over at a chaps house who was also an occultist... around 1am or so a chap appeared at the door and knocked ... when we answered he said he was looking for me as God had sent him and he wanted to talk with me.. this guy had no idea I was here....and yet there he was the night before I was going to sell myself to Satan telling me the creator of ALL Life was wanting to help me...How can I not follow...why am I so 'vigorous' in my commitment to God.. because not only did the creator die for my sin to reconcile me to him.. but also becuase a man was sent by him to an address this guy had no idea I was at.. the night before I was going to do something I now consider stupid and not only saved me from my sin but also from a terrible mistake... now you can dismiss any of this as you please.. but these things happened to me and despite what you may or may not believe about them.. they are true..

Quote:
As for Eternity well Surely Hitler will probably be with your fellow believers, I mean he was one of your lot and if he truly repented and acknowledged he had done wrong then surely he will be in heaven, I mean granted it may be awkward one day sitting down breaking bread with him given your views on the middle east but im sure you can both work it out

If he did truly repent of his sin.. then it is up to God whether he forgives him or not.. I know the bible says: 'If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness'....it also says that when we die the 'corruptible is replaced with the incorruptible'.. so despite what we have done here if we are 'in Christ' then we are a new creation and we are justified by Christ through faith by grace...

This morning I read this before work:

Quote:
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wehave peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.

Last edited by Csonka#39; 16.02.2015 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9296  
Old 22.02.2015, 01:42 AM
kevin.macca34 kevin.macca34 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 04.12.2014
Posts: 203
Default

I would like to ask csonka why he believes in god and at what point in his life did his faith take hold. I would also like to ask if he believes in the big bang or does he believe god created the big bang. Might of already been answered or asked cant be bothered to trawl through
Reply With Quote
  #9297  
Old 22.02.2015, 01:50 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.macca34 View Post
I would like to ask csonka why he believes in god and at what point in his life did his faith take hold. I would also like to ask if he believes in the big bang or does he believe god created the big bang. Might of already been answered or asked cant be bothered to trawl through
i know he believes the bible word for word as a history book, so thats half of it answered.
Reply With Quote
  #9298  
Old 23.02.2015, 01:36 AM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.macca34 View Post
I would like to ask csonka why he believes in god and at what point in his life did his faith take hold. I would also like to ask if he believes in the big bang or does he believe god created the big bang. Might of already been answered or asked cant be bothered to trawl through
It's 01:35 and I am tired.. but I have seen your comment and will answer,, just not right now..
Reply With Quote
  #9299  
Old 23.02.2015, 11:42 AM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
It's 01:35 and I am tired.. but I have seen your comment and will answer,, just not right now..
How come you're still up at 1:35 on a Sunday night? It's not as if there's any NFL to keep you amused!
Reply With Quote
  #9300  
Old 23.02.2015, 03:56 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

continuing on from the politics thread, just reposting to help move it over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Ok. I believe fossils were made million years ago, I have good friends who are gay and yes women are occasionally out of the kitchen. I disagree with him on those as you almost certainly already knew.

You know already that this is not what I take issue with, but hey a good strawman attack is pretty much your MO isn't it...
well cheers for that but i didnt suggest that you thought any differently, i said Csonka did and that you would then knock people who question him.

and i was asking why i cant debate those points with him?


no matter what you say about how i debate at least i tend to have the decency to try and answer most points rather than cherry pick and twist one.

your MO seems to be just to call everything a strawman argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Wow another strawman argument, who would have thunk it...
really? because based on you posts that what you seem to be suggesting.

well how would you like the thread to go.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinosaurs , help me jebus!!! , stupid flanders! , the magic roundabout , we're all going to hell

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:24 AM.