NFLUK Mock Draft - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 22.04.2011, 02:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman86 View Post
Be interesting to see what we do. I dont think we can miss with any pick where we are which is good. We could go any way and would still get a great player! I agree that it looks likely we go with Green but QB will be addressed in first 2 rounds so you cant be worried!
I think we'll take Green (which I think will be great for us) but I've got a major worry that we won't end up with a QB.

I don't think Mallet fits the system we want, Locker could go early, say to Washington, Ponder could go to Seattle, and perhaps Dalton is too much of a reach at 37.

I've said it before - I reckon 3-5 QB's go before we pick in the second round and we won't trade up.
Old 23.04.2011, 03:39 PM
All Pro

So Palmer wants out? Palmer has been a Bengal since 2003, he's played 8 years in Cincinnati without feeling the need to up and leave.
Forget about Chad being one of his pals, there is no way T.O would have joined the Bengals in the pre- Lewis era.
The Bengals have managed over the years to roughly re-sign the same amount of their own priority free agents...I guess they could have left!

Many many players want to leave their current teams to seek 'greener grass' it's the nature of the game when you get itchy feet.

I'm not saying the Bengals HAD been a team that no one wanted to go to. I AM saying that since Lewis that has changed somewhat, but perhaps it is about to change again now the Bengals have a big question on the QB front.
Old 25.04.2011, 03:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
I think we'll take Green (which I think will be great for us) but I've got a major worry that we won't end up with a QB.

I don't think Mallet fits the system we want, Locker could go early, say to Washington, Ponder could go to Seattle, and perhaps Dalton is too much of a reach at 37.

I've said it before - I reckon 3-5 QB's go before we pick in the second round and we won't trade up.
IMO Cincinatti should trade down and take Dalton, the best pick for the Bengals.

There is no way you guys should pick a WR in the first round. I would never pick a wide receiver before the third round. Having 2 great WRs last year didn't exactly work out well for the Bengals. I would be happy if the Ravens had Caldwell, Shipley and Simpson as their WRs.

QB is Cincinatti's biggest need.
Old 25.04.2011, 04:22 PM
Starter

Dalton could easily fall to round two. We will pick PP7 which the Ravens wish they could have im guessing.
Old 25.04.2011, 10:50 PM
Team Captain

After watching some clips of Jon Gruden's QB camp I'm even more concerned about Cam Newton.He struggled to convince he could grasp pro QB playbook terminology. Mallett came across well in that regard actually.
See reports that we are trying to 'trade up'. Hoping that's not for the #1 !
More likely to be to try to get into the back end of the 1st round for a QB?
Either way -its a bad move.We should be going the other way for more picks not less!
I'm also hoping we draft a few good linemen on both sides of the ball-thats where the games are won and lost.Drafting a WR with the 4th still doesnt sit quite right with me I'm afraid.
Old 26.04.2011, 03:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
Dalton could easily fall to round two. We will pick PP7 which the Ravens wish they could have im guessing.
I assume this PP7 guy is Patrick Peterson who I do wish we could have. I think that he would be a good pick for you guys assuming Joseph leaves. I could really see the Bengals defense fall apart without Joseph and no one to replace him.
Old 26.04.2011, 05:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by erenmusXIX View Post
Dalton could easily fall to round two.
not if the 49ers trade back up into the 1st round and get him
Old 26.04.2011, 05:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentarius View Post
I assume this PP7 guy is Patrick Peterson who I do wish we could have. I think that he would be a good pick for you guys assuming Joseph leaves. I could really see the Bengals defense fall apart without Joseph and no one to replace him.
We still have Hall and Pacman was looking great last year before he got injured.
Old 26.04.2011, 06:01 PM
Team Captain

Trading up for any of this QB class will be a reach too far.If the season occurs there will be free agency and better,NFL ready QB's available.
Old 26.04.2011, 06:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalblueboy1 View Post
Trading up for any of this QB class will be a reach too far.If the season occurs there will be free agency and better,NFL ready QB's available.
I agree with you but if they truly reckon Gabbert or Newton is the future, then I'll be happy for them to do it.

I don't think it's every going to happen anyway. We just don't trade up or down.

I still say Green, and a QB in round 2.