2019 season (continuing to update) - Page 47 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 12.03.2019, 08:25 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I disagree. I think this is a Keenum to Broncos type situation, a journeyman QB getting paid big off the back of a hot streak. Foles has been terrible throughout his career apart from a couple of runs at the Eagles.

And you aren't getting Pederson play calling, nor the surrounding talent from Philadelphia.

I'd much rather have Haskins or Lock in the draft or throw a trade offer at Rosen.

He's an improvement on Bortles, but so is Derek Anderson, it doesn't take much
I agree with you here Buffalo - if I’m the Jags I’d have gone after a rookie in the draft, especially as they’re in position to get one of Haskins/Murray/Lock who could all be good right away imo. Also with the rookie you get to keep more of those defensive pieces about and have more room to address glaring needs at OL/skill positions on offence.

Foles as you say has always been up and down, and not having Pedersen/Reich and the weapons in Philly (where he had as close to a perfect supporting cast as you’re going to get) is huge.
Old 12.03.2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Barr is an excellent player, though there is obvious risk attached as we will be using him primarily as a pass rusher, which he hasn’t been called on to do much at Minnesota.

Still hoping we get Paradis, although things have gone worryingly quiet on that front.
Old 12.03.2019, 08:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Barr is an excellent player, though there is obvious risk attached as we will be using him primarily as a pass rusher, which he hasn’t been called on to do much at Minnesota.

Still hoping we get Paradis, although things have gone worryingly quiet on that front.
I think you'll get Paradis. All the reports were it was Buffalo and the Jets interested. We got Morse so I assume you'll get him (I suspect he's now using the Morse as leverage for money)
Old 12.03.2019, 09:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Excellent first day for the Bills. Above all else this FA, they needed to get one of the top two Centers. In Morse, they got one.
I'd be a little worried about him staying healthy. He's missed about 50% of games over the last 2 seasons. Considering that it's a big investment that carries risk.

He's proven to be a very good center when healthy though, and I suppose health concerns is why they've front loaded his contract.
Old 12.03.2019, 09:36 AM
All Pro

Agree with Richard on this one. I think if Morse was totally clear of injury he'd likely not be a FA in the first place. No doubt a great Center when fit though so I think he's a good , if risky, pickup.

The Joyner and Trent Brown signings and what else we've done the last few days is confusing? Seems we've gone from tank mode to go for it mode in the space of a week? And we've still got all 3 First Round picks. Get that right and we really could be back in the mix.
Old 12.03.2019, 09:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I'd be a little worried about him staying healthy. He's missed about 50% of games over the last 2 seasons. Considering that it's a big investment that carries risk.

He's proven to be a very good center when healthy though, and I suppose health concerns is why they've front loaded his contract.
That's fair, but Paradis equally has injury concerns and is 3 years older.

PFF graded him as the 6th best Center, so it's risk with high reward. The Bills needed a player to manage the O line from Center desperately.

It's not a risk free signing, but I think it's a critical one nonetheless
Old 12.03.2019, 10:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
Agree with Richard on this one. I think if Morse was totally clear of injury he'd likely not be a FA in the first place. No doubt a great Center when fit though so I think he's a good , if risky, pickup.

The Joyner and Trent Brown signings and what else we've done the last few days is confusing? Seems we've gone from tank mode to go for it mode in the space of a week? And we've still got all 3 First Round picks. Get that right and we really could be back in the mix.
Must say it's a pleasant change from the Reggie McKenzie years of watching the top players go, sitting here thinking 'we could have afforded him' and waiting for the market to settle by which time most of the good players have gone. Need to field at least a competitive team in time for the big splash in Vegas. Defense all the way in the mock then is it?
Old 12.03.2019, 10:03 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Devin Funchess on a one-year deal with the Colts
That got a more positive reaction on Bills forums than Colts ones.
Old 12.03.2019, 10:37 AM
All Pro

The Jets are paying CJ Mosley a gazillion dollars a year. I know he is a good player and this year's linebacker draft class stinks, bit it's a whole lot of money
Old 12.03.2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Being reported that the Jets are signing LB C.J Mosley on a 5 year deal worth $85m, with $51m guaranteed. Looks like Darron Lee’s on the way out then, unless he can play on the outside. Defense is suddenly starting to look pretty impressive...